Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dan Mullen is interviewing at Miami

Default Re: Dan Mullen is interviewing at Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    If they beat Clemson I don't see them getting into top 4. UNC scheduled 2 FCS schools this year and it's being held against them. They beat Clemson I believe you will see Ohio state back in the top 4.
    If that the thinking.why not put Ohio State in over Iowa.Iowa hasn't played anyone this year.Michigan State will be their first ranked opponent.in the Conference Title Game. Conference Champion pressure will always win out.unless it's against the SEC.

Edit: Looks like Wisconsin and Northwestern where ranked when Iowa played them.still though.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    If that the thinking.why not put Ohio State in over Iowa.Iowa hasn't played anyone this year.Michigan State will be their first ranked opponent.in the Conference Title Game. Conference Champion pressure will always win out.unless it's against the SEC.

Edit: Looks like Wisconsin and Northwestern where ranked when Iowa played them.still though.
    Not saying it should matter but I'm willing to bet good money UNC doesn't make it regardless of win.

I'd argue Clemson would still have a better resume than both Ohio St and UNC and should stay in top 4 with a loss.

Not saying it should matter but I'm willing to bet good money UNC doesn't make it regardless of win.

I'd argue Clemson would still have a better resume than both Ohio St and UNC and should stay in top 4 with a loss.
    I haven't seen a non-SEC school get the title game push while not being conference champ since Oklahoma got the nod in 2003 over USC. Internal pressure by the conferences themselves will also be exerted.how ____ed would the ACC be if they lost out on a playoff spot?

If they beat Clemson I don't see them getting into top 4. UNC scheduled 2 FCS schools this year and it's being held against them. They beat Clemson I believe you will see Ohio state back in the top 4.
    To be fair though, they had FBS schools back out last minute which left them no choice but it still is what it is. They also have a loss to a 3 win South Carolina. I agree with you, I don't see them getting in.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I haven't seen a non-SEC school get the title game push while not being conference champ since Oklahoma got the nod in 2003 over USC. Internal pressure by the conferences themselves will also be exerted.how ____ed would the ACC be if they lost out on a playoff spot?
    The committee makes up the rules as they go. If it means they can get an Ohio St over UNC or Clemson, they will play the schedule card and they lack of conference title card. Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    To be fair though, they had FBS schools back out last minute which left them no choice but it still is what it is. They also have a loss to a 3 win South Carolina. I agree with you, I don't see them getting in.
    I don't see the difference between a power 5 playing 2 FCS or 2 bottom G5 teams. I also agree that the USC loss will hurt them as well.

Like I said in post to hawk, the committee makes up rules as they go to hold teams back and/or to boost other teams.

I don't see the difference between a power 5 playing 2 FCS or 2 bottom G5 teams. I also agree that the USC loss will hurt them as well.

Like I said in post to hawk, the committee makes up rules as they go to hold teams back and/or to boost other teams.
    Seeing as the P5 conferences conspired to create the playoff.they would exert pressure to take the conference champions if it got close at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Not directed at anyone, but why would a coach leave an ACC school for the SEC? It is easier to win a national championship in the ACC than the SEC, see Florida State and maybe Clemson this year. The competition is better in the SEC which it makes it harder to run the table. Unless the coach is all about the money, if I was them I would stay in the ACC. You also get to watch better basketball.
    Not sure if I buy that. You have to be undefeated to get a shot at the nc from the ACC while you can if it with one loss from the SEC. Also , don't be fooled by the ACC, big 10 , etc. the difference between their league and the sec is not what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Not sure if I buy that. You have to be undefeated to get a shot at the nc from the ACC while you can if it with one loss from the SEC. Also , don't be fooled by the ACC, big 10 , etc. the difference between their league and the sec is not what it used to be.
    True, but how many 1 loss teams are in the SEC. It is still easier to go undefeated in the ACC than it is to have one loss in the SEC, in my opinion. Also if there is less deference between the leagues why jump ships?

I don't see the difference either, Especially watching 2 move ups run through our conference like hot knife through butter. I agree, they make the argument fit their narrative however they like.

perhaps, but the whole thing should be scrapped if you [n.c.] beat the other option [clemson] heads-up on the last day of the season and they nevertheless stay in ahead of you. would be a farce.

You guys have lost your focus . tie that in to Dan Mullen interviewing at Miami!

Imagine the NFL selected their playoff teams by a selection committee and only selected 4 teams to participate. Would anybody think that was a valid playoff?

No.

And, this one isn't either. It will never be a valid playoff until all teams capable of winning the championship are included and all members of the included conferences have a path to the playoff.

What we have now is pointless to discuss because it is so ludicrous. There is no reasonable way to parse out 4 schools from over 100 and not make stupid delineation marks for inclusion that are not completely frivolous in nature.

They have turned the entire season into one long episode of The View. Lots of arguing back and forth over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Imagine the NFL selected their playoff teams by a selection committee and only selected 4 teams to participate. Would anybody think that was a valid playoff?

No.

And, this one isn't either. It will never be a valid playoff until all teams capable of winning the championship are included and all members of the included conferences have a path to the playoff.

What we have now is pointless to discuss because it is so ludicrous. There is no reasonable way to parse out 4 schools from over 100 and not make stupid delineation marks for inclusion that are not completely frivolous in nature.

They have turned the entire season into one long episode of The View. Lots of arguing back and forth over nothing.
    8 team playoff

Sec
    Acc
    Big12
    Big10
    Pac12
    Winner of game between 2 highest ranked G5
    Next highest ranked P5
    Next highest ranked P5

Everyone has a seat at the table, or at least a shot at a seat at the table

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    8 team playoff

Sec
    Acc
    Big12
    Big10
    Pac12
    Winner of game between 2 highest ranked G5
    Next highest ranked P5
    Next highest ranked P5

Everyone has a seat at the table, or at least a shot at a seat at the table
    Even with 8, you are leaving out schools good enough to win it all.

I'll be posting my playoff after this weekend's games. It's the Mother of all Playoff plan I do every year. The only playoff plan endorsed by Arkstfan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information