Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

1. UL Football Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

UL coach Mark Hudspeth offers more details on promised changes in 2016 for his struggling offense

Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

They way I am reading into this is hud wants to go back to a true dual threat QB. JD, Dion Ray, any one know if the Weaver kid fits the true dual threat mold? I haven't paid much attention to him.

Yes

what kind of speed weaver has ? I view him as a kolton browning type. Not slow but deceptive speed.

5. Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Back to a true "dual threat"? When did he ever leave the dual threat mentality? He never committed to Haack.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Back to a true "dual threat"? When did he ever leave the dual threat mentality? He never committed to Haack.
    It's smoke and mirrors. We have absolutely no need whatsoever of implementing a "new offense".

"New offense" isn't what I got out of that, build offense around what we have like when we got here is what I read. We don't have Harris, Broadway and the o-line to run what we ran for the last 2 years.(which is what has been pretty obvious to everyone else) I think s d hope the offense will look closer to year 1 than year 4, our roster does.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It's smoke and mirrors. We have absolutely no need whatsoever of implementing a "new offense".
    Grasping at straws is more like it. It's easy to say all the right things. It's a lot tougher to rip the teams chest open to find out why the heart isn't beating right.

He tried going back to a true dual threat offense when he named Nixon the starting QB. Wasnt that the whole point of doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    He tried going back to a true dual threat offense when he named Nixon the starting QB. Wasnt that the whole point of doing so?
    I don't know because Nixon isn't a duel threat

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Exactly! Nixon was never a dual threat QB.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I would not call Nixon a dual threat. But if you ask Hud, he would say that he is.

Well I certainly hope to see more than a series or 2 from Davis on Saturday. At some point you need to play your most talented and quit worrying about fair. In fact, I'll go so far as to say he might be our only shot at winning this game with the offense that we have in place.

14. Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I would not call Nixon a dual threat. But if you ask Hud, he would say that he is.
    ---Well when you top 200 yards running and 250 yards passing against the best team we played, that is pretty dual ----Just typing what the stats say---please don't expand this anymore but at least give the kid credit for one of the great performances in UL history!!!

Hudspeth has always wanted a dual threat guy. That has never changed. What Hudpseth is saying here is that the way we are running the zone read has to change. We have slowly morphed into some kind of power zone read without much read and were caught without the horses to do that.

I took the article to say that we are going to spread the field again as much as possible and play guys where they are best suited to contribute. That's the "flow" thing he is talking about.

He's admitting that the gameplan for the season was all wrong for various reasons. We knew that. Now, it's been said. Let's put this to bed and get going with the reboot of Louisiana football.

I see a very intense off-season coming and I am looking forward to watching J.D. tear it up next season and the young defense play a lot better in year 2 of the scheme and the staff.

Next year is going to be fun. It's going to be a fresh start. The slate will be wiped clean. I welcome the Jordan Davis era and this new chapter of Louisiana football.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information