Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Why can't people understand Jordan Davis already redshirted. He took snaps against NWST.shows how many of you were still there to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Why can't people understand Jordan Davis already redshirted. He took snaps against NWST.shows how many of you were still there to see it.
    I have never understood how the idea of a redshirt is so difficult for some to figure out.

Sorry that my wife was having an unplanned surgery and that I felt that was more important to be at than the game. So no, I did not go to that game. I have missed a total of 6 home games since 1975. Do you need a reason for those games also?

If Ray moves it will be to DB not WR.I don't think he moves though.
    You know this?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Sorry that my wife was having an unplanned surgery and that I felt that was more important to be at than the game. So no, I did not go to that game. I have missed a total of 6 home games since 1975. Do you need a reason for those games also?
    I wasn't speaking directly to you.this has been ongoing for the entire season about Jordan Davis status. By several posters. Unwad your panties.

6. Default

A game in which he should have played the entire 4th quarter

I have no problem with Haack getting start at Troy. "But Davis had an outstanding drive", yeah? well so did Nixon at Kentucky and we all know how that played out. I think Davis is a viable option in the future and before the season started I stated Davis was a better qb than nixon and I thought he would challenge Haack for the job. If Haack was a senior, I wouldn't have any problem with Davis taking the start but Haack is a legitimate option for qb next year. Imagine starting Davis and he doesn't do so well. "Alright Haack, get back in there". Destroying any confidence he has left and moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    My guess is that he's saying that Jordan Davis fits his idea of the original system he likes. He tweaked the system he likes over this past year. supposedly. to fit two QBs that had patiently waited their turn. Neither Haack or Nixon fit the dual threat that Hud likes. Nixon isn't strong enough of a passing threat. and Haack isn't strong enough of a running threat to meet the definition. and/or neither have the QB presence in the game to command an offense to victory. I think he played the middle too much as a coach. and that screwed us more than the QBs did.

I believe Hud is paving the way for Jordan Davis (or Dion Ray) to clearly win out the QB competition going into next year.
    I saw a lot of people calling for hud to change the scheme to suit the QB. I don't think that works out well when you have teach something one way then try to implement something different.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    Wife surgery is no reason to miss a game, get your priorities straight.

10. Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I really do not care who the QB is next year, but they better pick a QB by the end of the spring. This bull____ of not knowing or saying who your starter is before the first game is exactly that bull____. If you have use trickery to try and keep a team off guard in your fist game, then it says a lot about your team. We should have learned a lot over the summer with not picking a QB.
    That cloak and dagger advantage might be good for the first half of the first game but hurts you all season long.

11. Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    I have never understood how the idea of a redshirt is so difficult for some to figure out.
    Schools with blue, purple, green and other colored uniforms don't have as big of a problem understanding "Red" shirts.

I saw a UL game this year where everybody Red Shirted.

Red shirts.nothing good ever comes of them.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    I saw a lot of people calling for hud to change the scheme to suit the QB. I don't think that works out well when you have teach something one way then try to implement something different.
    I went along with what Hud said in the preseason. He said that if Haack won out, we had the playbook to use him. or if Nixon won out. we had the playbook to use him. Hud screwed up by playing the middle this year. It's that plain and simple when it comes to our offense. And in reality, we weren't realistically all that much worse than the last 4 seaons. We could very easily be 7-4 right now. I wouldn't be any more or less impressed. But our coaching staff alone could have made this year another 7-4 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I went along with what Hud said in the preseason. He said that if Haack won out, we had the playbook to use him. or if Nixon won out. we had the playbook to use him. Hud screwed up by playing the middle this year. It's that plain and simple when it comes to our offense. And in reality, we weren't realistically all that much worse than the last 4 seaons. We could very easily be 7-4 right now. I wouldn't be any more or less impressed. But our coaching staff alone could have made this year another 7-4 at this point.

In reality, we were much worse than the last 4 seasons at a multitude of positions. That's the reality I saw.

15. Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    In reality, we were much worse than the last 4 seasons at a multitude of positions. That's the reality I saw.
    Including the adults on the sidelines.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information