Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Unless he's causing chemistry issues or in trouble, why would Hudspeth not play the best player at the most critical position? And if he is causing problems behind the scenes, why would Hud even insert him into the equation at this point? If he thinks Davis is ready & is not playing him bc he doesn't put as much time in, no wonder we suck.

I'm not expecting you to be able to answer those questions, just thinking out loud.
    Wouldn't necessarily say he would be causing problems but is he working like the other 2? Is he working to take the job? Or does he think he just needs to wait? You aren't just another guy being the starting QB, you are the guy that everyone follows. He is young, he might just not get it yet. This is all speculation on my part but I just find it interesting HUD chose to use the words over and over that he doesn't deserve it yet, like he needs to earn it.more than just ability. That position is held to a higher standard than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Wouldn't necessarily say he would be causing problems but is he working like the other 2? Is he working to take the job? Or does he think he just needs to wait? You aren't just another guy being the starting QB, you are the guy that everyone follows. He is young, he might just not get it yet. This is all speculation on my part but I just find it interesting HUD chose to use the words over and over that he doesn't deserve it yet, like he needs to earn it.more than just ability. That position is held to a higher standard than any other.
    Your overthinking it man! He stated that Davis was working hard but the others were working hard as well. What I took from it, is based on the one drive he hasn't earned the right to start in front of Haack. He said the right thing. There will be a time when he will be leaned on to start and this weekend isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Your overthinking it man! He stated that Davis was working hard but the others were working hard as well. What I took from it, is based on the one drive he hasn't earned the right to start in front of Haack. He said the right thing. There will be a time when he will be leaned on to start and this weekend isn't it.
    I don't think it's derogatory or a bad thing, I think it's motivation if anything. Like hey, you want the job? You gonna have to come get it. You want to beat out 2 seniors? You better bring it. Show up early, leave late.watch extra film, live in your playbook. He appears to be more physically more talented so some area needs improvement.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    The difference is the way they looked doing it. Yes Haack came off the bench and played well last year and he hasn't been a bust this year but he never looked as fluid and natural as what I saw from JD on Saturday. I'm not appointing Davis the next Cam Newton or the savior of the program, but his ability is undeniable. I'd put money on this being his team for the next 3 years.
    On his show yesterday Gerald Briussard confirmed he threw one pass over five yard, and the only starters in at the time were a couple of defensive backs protecting deep ball.

Fluid maybe. Both Brook and Jalen have had their all conference series.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    On his show yesterday Gerald Briussard confirmed he threw one pass over five yard, and the only starters in at the time were a couple of defensive backs protecting deep ball.

That's great. Doesn't change my opinion of him that he will be the best fit for our offense. We'll know more after this weekend.

I've never been under the impression that Brooks or Jalen could be an all conference QB.

Default Re: Hudspeth gets more specific on offensive changes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

I don't get it.

The entire 1420 crew, inexplicably, was still pushing playing Nixon at QB to open up the running game for Eli just a few weeks ago. Some of them went out of their way to criticize the play of Haack throughout this latest stint as the starter. Now, it appears they are going to run down the play of J. D. even before he gets going?

This is nuts.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    No.you don't say a kid doesn't deserve something 3 times if you aren't trying to drive something home.he was in the QB competition this summer for about 15 minutes. Now with his ability what does that tell you? He didn't say he wasn't ready, said he didn't deserve it.
    There is something there, without a doubt. He also may be treading lightly because of Chris Weaver. Hudspeth likes Weaver A LOT. Your QB battle next year will be between Jordan Davis and Chris Weaver.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I don't get it.

The entire 1420 crew, inexplicably, was still pushing playing Nixon at QB to open up the running game for Eli just a few weeks ago. Some of them went out of their way to criticize the play of Haack throughout this latest stint as the starter. Now, it appears they are going to run down the play of J. D. even before he gets going?

This is nuts.
    The long arm of Martin Hall stretches into the production board at 1420, you know that Mr.

I don't get it.

This is nuts.
    What you got was a fair analysis from a former coach, I don't see that as putting down JD. It seems people just want to hear he looked great against a second team defense and short passing routes that fit his comfort level in the system right now. Sure he looked impressive, because he is an impressive athlete. But let's try to keep things in perspective and understand that he has a ways to go as the QB of the future. There are reasons why things happen on the football field, there is nothing wrong with a former coach or player giving you analysis that may differ from you. They aren't watching the same things you are watching when they watch a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What you got was a fair analysis from a former coach, I don't see that as putting down JD. It seems people just want to hear he looked great against a second team defense and short passing routes that fit his comfort level in the system right now. Sure he looked impressive, because he is an impressive athlete. But let's try to keep things in perspective and understand that he has a ways to go as the QB of the future. There are reasons why things happen on the football field, there is nothing wrong with a former coach or player giving you analysis that may differ from you. They aren't watching the same things you are watching when they watch a game.
    They were flat our wrong about Nixon and our running game.

Neither starting QB from this season is our QB of the future for different reasons. So excuse me if I got excited watching a special athlete perform. Just wanted to end the season on a silver lining.

I guess the beatings will continue until morale improves, huh?

Jeez.

Yes, he has a ways to go. And starting Saturday would put him one game closer to getting there.

They were flat our wrong about Nixon and our running game.

Neither starting QB from this season is our QB of the future for different reasons. So excuse me if I got excited watching a special athlete perform. Just wanted to end the season on a silver lining.

I guess the beatings will continue until morale improves, huh?

Jeez.
    Gerald Broussard has never stated Nixon was the man. I've never heard that on air nor in discussion with him in person. If you are discussing the rest of the personalities, I can't defend them. Again, there is nothing wrong with getting excited about next season but lets not debate that he is the second coming of Cam Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Yes, he has a ways to go. And starting Saturday would put him one game closer to getting there.
    Well he will be doing it without two starting WR's and one offensive lineman. So I won't judge him on this weekends performance either, because it wouldn't be fair to him.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I see no downside to starting him. If he excels, we win, and the future is set. If he fails miserably, Coach has a pliant QB to shape and form in the off season and gets people like me to back off a little.

Well he will be doing it without two starting WR's and one offensive lineman. So I won't judge him on this weekends performance either, because it wouldn't be fair to him.
    Let's hope not, that would suck if he got caught cheating, left here went to juco then got paid to go to ULM and win the conference championship

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information