Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Head Coaching Carousel

Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Why can we not compare teams? Does Michigan State not play in a conference, against peer institutions? Do they not call plays, or run an offense or defense? Do they not play football at all, and instead just show up for the dance team's halftime routine? You CAN compare football teams when you do it.OBJECTIVELY. In this case.injuries. All football teams have them. Comparing teams and how they handle injuries is a direct reflection on the quality of the coaching staffs ability to roll with the punches.
    Not necessarily, especially when it comes to the offensive line.most P5 schools have the depth to plug in the holes instantly when someone goes down. Most smaller/G5 schools do not have that luxury, it takes us longer to develop those players.

Seeing some of these posts, they fall in line with what I shared with Monkee yesterday. For whatever reason, the coaching staff AND team failed to develop a single true leader on either side of the ball this year. Throw in the cascade of other problems such as injuries, indecision, and egos, it's why we are 4-7. Everyone knew how the good times felt, NOBODY knew what to do in hard times.

Would not rule out the NCAA thing being a distraction. Even if Hud did not know, it happened on his watch. There is some level of "stink" that goes with that, which may close some doors for a year or two for him.

Well this could get interesting.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s.iami/76611244/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I was addressing you. And I want to address this statement. BECAUSE we have sat through so many god awful seasons 9-4 with a NOLA Bowl appearance is and was fine, is and was fine, is and was fine, is and was fine. Would you not take that this year?

Now with that said, let's talk about the "progress the younger generation speaks of". Of course I would like to be undefeated every year, win every game, trounce our opponent. But I don't understand why you want to make this an age issue. We have gone through the best 4 years in our programs' history, that is not progress, that is not progress enough?

I personally don't understand why several posters on here are so bitter among themselves.

I personally don't understand how someone knows what I am or am not interested in, especially because of my age.

I personally don't know how we had such a bad season . I personally would have been VERY happy with a 9-4 season AND another trip to NOLA. Instead I'll do yard work and go to a Christmas party or two.

Every year under Hud we have won games that were close, maybe we shouldn't have won. This year we lost those games. Winning seems to hide a lot of problems.

The thing I am most disjointed in this year is that I don't feel the preparation was made before the season began. Now at the end of the year they seem to realize that; that there plan for the season was not very good.

Enough. My point is, don't build barriers when they aren't needed.
    We looked every bit a 4/7 team. It's not always the pure record. It's how you got there. We looked good in two games, NWS and TXST. We were pretty bad in two if three elements of football in all others.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Not necessarily, especially when it comes to the offensive line.most P5 schools have the depth to plug in the holes instantly when someone goes down. Most smaller/G5 schools do not have that luxury, it takes us longer to develop those players.
    I can see that point.but it still circles back to coaching.regardless. If my memory serves me.I think Tech was on their 3rd center when we played them. I don't remember them using it as an excuse.cause they whipped our uninjured first string.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    At this point it's the best case scenario. Hud moves on to a bigger job.we get that notoriety of having fed a coach to an SEC school. I don't see anything that makes me believe Hud will change, so the downward trend will continue. Why not strike will the iron still has some of that 4 bowl win steam coming off of it? It would be the best thing for all parties to move on. We cannot fire Hud.he doesn't deserve it. But.him moving on is the biggest win-win we can hope for.

If you cannot compare football teams.to.other.football teams.how in the blue blazes can you compare football teams to Safety departments?
    I thought I spelled it out rather well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    I thought I spelled it out rather well!!
    Actually.you made your point moot.before you even made it.

9. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    I am sure no team is perfect, in any game, in any possession, in any play.

I had an ex player tell me a couple of things before the season. Concerning the QB, I asked who would the team play for? He said Haack, said Nixon still had issues and Jordan Davis was the real deal. I inferred from that, Haack would be Captain and start. But after the Kentucky game I knew things were screwed up in that we didnt have the horses on the field with Haack in. But you are right it goes much deeper than that and it takes ex coaches/players and people that the coaches trust to really understand the multiple level failures it takes to have this crappy of a season. I am not one of those people, sure I know some ex players and have access to ex high school coaches but that just really give me a small snap shot of what is going on. I may be totally wrong on things.

Like another person posted I too have been in the safety field for many years and i can tell you with absolute certainty that the cause of every incident (4-? season) are problems that no-one saw coming and the real problem is something that surprises most people. But you really have to dig deep into it to get the answer. Short of talking to all the coaches, staff etc. you or anyone else will never know what really happened this year other than we had a crappy year, injuries, QB issues, O Line issues, D lines issues, Leadership issues, coaching issues, xyz issues, abc issues, new house issues etc. You have to take all of them into account even the one we don't know. In safety we term that as reactive. Something happens and you react to it to mitigate the hazard. Safety Professionals want to be proactive. We want to stop the incident from happening in the first place. I would equate that, in this instance, Defensive coaching changes, building the APC, setting up nutrition programs, pre-season camps, spring training and after season evaluations of the department top to bottom. In reality safety departments have to be poth because we cant for see every problem that will happen. The human factor is a funny thing in that its always there and there is no way to predict it. Recruiting is one of the best proactive tools they have but some kids change there mind, decide college is not for them, they don't like Lafayette or what ever. The point is even in recruiting the BEST P5 schools crap out at times.

I think UL in general has taken some very proactive steps since Dr. Savoie has been President. You and other may not like all or none of them, but its hard to argue that the stadium expansion, APC, 6+mil for the Tigue, and countless others has not been a huge step forward. Perfect? No but a far cry to what has happened in the past.
    That's deep.

Yep it takes a lot for everything to come together and it doesn't take much to upset the apple cart.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

If you cannot compare football teams.to.other.football teams.how in the blue blazes can you compare football teams to Safety departments?
    Actually. coaching football is a lot like making boudin the old fashioned way.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He shouldn't be fired. But his seat should be hotter than a Mexican hooker house in July after a weekend of overtime.
    If you are talking about Les Miles

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi.p-les-miles/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Actually. coaching football is a lot like making boudin the old fashioned way.
    You mean by mixing in a little blood with the other ingredients?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    Everything in football parallels the old way of making boudin with pig intestines. Everything.

14. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post
    ---Clem Hebert's in A-Ville has the best red Boudin----great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Clem Hebert's in A-Ville has the best red Boudin

great!!!!

Thanks. Might have to make a special trip. Don't know anyone around Lafayette that sells it.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information