Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coaching Carousel

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The AAC/MWC are both pseudo P5 league. CUSA, MAC and the Belt are on a different tier completely.
    You've got to be joking. The AAC is the top G5 conference, but still far from a pseudo P5 league. And the MWC is no better than the MAC, CUSA, or Sun Belt. Just like the rest of us, they have a few decent programs at the top, and absolute basket cases at the bottom of their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know you hate pressure on a coach, and can't say a negative thing about anyone in a red UL shirt, but if this staff gives us another season like this one, it absolutely should get uncomfortable around here.

A lot of you older guys are so enamoured with Hud because he won 4 NOLA bowls. Get over it. College football is big business and the life blood of a good athletic program. We've come too far to stop now. If he can't produce AT VERY LEAST at the level he was for the first 4 seasons, he can't be allowed to continue to do whatever he wants.

We're paying big money for a SBC coach and we need a big return, consistently. I know he's the best we've had here in a long time, blah blah blah. This program isn't a ____ hole anymore.
    No need to get personal here.

We had a down year this year. There aren't but a handful of mid majors that don't go through that.

If it becomes a trend, then we talk.

But I don't think it will.

ANd, yes, I AM enamored with four straight New Orleans bowls. Because in this league, it's the best we can do unless we go 12-0.

What I don't understand is why you aren't.

I'm disappointed in the season. I didn't expect us to win eight games, but this is disappointing.

Having said that, I believe we will be better next year.

3. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

I'm enamored with 4 straight bowls

Step back seasons are normal and while not necessarily accepted, should be expected.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Hud had issues this year that were not all due to a "down year". I'm perfectly willing (as if we have a choice) to support his corrective actions. But he had the ability to enter this season, through his head set, to make this year much, much better. There were issues. but he and his coaches didn't do a good job with the talent they had.

Some people can't handle MAT's severe view. I completely understand it. We pay a man $1 million folks. He gave us 8-4 and a bowl win for much less money in his first year. with very few of his own recruits. and he's done no better since. He has shown some limits. And I want him to feel compelled to work on his own limitations. That does not include only looking at getting the personnel that returns us to 8-4. barely beating some terrible SBC teams. and never beating a good team.

I wouldn't have been happy with 8-4 this year. if that included looking like crap against the good teams on our schedule. We've done that every year he's been here. And don't kid yourself. if Hud brings his standard 8-4 crap next year. McNeese will kick our ___.

We play like we just barely want to beat 6-7 out of 8 SBC teams. We should have gone into gunslinger. giant killer mode 2 years ago. And that's just referring to our offense. Don't get me started on what Hud hasn't managed well with his defenses. Hud has a lot of work to do. He should hear it very loud and clear from our fan base. not just a "we think you'll take care of it" pat on the back.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm enamored with 4 straight bowls

Step back seasons are normal and while not necessarily accepted, should be expected.
    It cannot be defined as an anomaly until it has been corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    You've got to be joking. The AAC is the top G5 conference, but still far from a pseudo P5 league. And the MWC is no better than the MAC, CUSA, or Sun Belt. Just like the rest of us, they have a few decent programs at the top, and absolute basket cases at the bottom of their conference.
    The AAC had 4 Top 25 teams at one time this season. That is as close to P5 as you get.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    No need to get personal here.

We had a down year this year. There aren't but a handful of mid majors that don't go through that.

If it becomes a trend, then we talk.

But I don't think it will.

ANd, yes, I AM enamored with four straight New Orleans bowls. Because in this league, it's the best we can do unless we go 12-0.

What I don't understand is why you aren't.

I'm disappointed in the season. I didn't expect us to win eight games, but this is disappointing.

Having said that, I believe we will be better next year.
    I agree that the Cajuns will be better next year - maybe a lot better. Just look at history. This coach has pulled off miracles over the past few years, and his level of success is unprecedented. I think what old guys know is that finding a good coach isn't easy, isn't often and it bleeping sure isn't always. In a results business, change for the sake of it can equal failure.

8. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    It cannot be defined as an anomaly until it has been corrected.
    True

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    It may be soon. Do you see all the empty seats at major college games? I know plenty of people with lsu and Saints tickets. The Lsu tickets are more with two less games. Have several affluent friends who are dropping them and just paying through the nose for the one big game they want to see. This is not sustainable.

Attendance at mid majors once their team is out of the running for their conference honors is even worse that what Metry Cajun describes. Why pay big money when there are so many "important" games on TV and you can also watch your own team's game most of the time. I agree college football has attendance problems the average person who only watches schools like Ohio State on TV realize.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    - Hud knows what happened and he will get it corrected. That's what he is payed for.
    - A loss to McNeese will not be forgiven.he already knows that too.
    Fellas, if we lose to McLEAST after years of hud and given the fact they are not D-1, that would be a total condemnation of our football program. Even the Martin Hall sunshine pumpers would be upset.

11. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    UH coach agrees in principle for 3M! That is big money
    ----Might need some CPA advice on this one but with no state income tax in texas that $3Mill is worth a hell of a lot more----I think that some states are up to 10% income tax!!!---Oh and I think the Fed would take a huge chunk out initially???? Would be interesting if someone could comment!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Might need some CPA advice on this one but with no state income tax in texas that $3Mill is worth a hell of a lot more----I think that some states are up to 10% income tax!!!---Oh and I think the Fed would take a huge chunk out initially???? Would be interesting if someone could comment!!!
    No State income tax a big deal in TX. He probably pays 20-30k in property tax which offsets some tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know you hate pressure on a coach, and can't say a negative thing about anyone in a red UL shirt, but if this staff gives us another season like this one, it absolutely should get uncomfortable around here.

A lot of you older guys are so enamoured with Hud because he won 4 NOLA bowls. Get over it. College football is big business and the life blood of a good athletic program. We've come too far to stop now. If he can't produce AT VERY LEAST at the level he was for the first 4 seasons, he can't be allowed to continue to do whatever he wants.

We're paying big money for a SBC coach and we need a big return, consistently. I know he's the best we've had here in a long time, blah blah blah. This program isn't a ____ hole anymore.
    I am not an old guy nor am I enamoured that much with him and I don't think he should have that much heatmaybe a little poblano, but no where near ghost pepper. The team had so many issue this year that can't be put on the staff nor the players. I don't think any player goes out to get hurt.

Our luck and maturity will be better next year.

14. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    I'm in the Anti-Sunshine Pumpers. I expect the opposite.
    ---Beau knows that the only reason we lost to McNeese was because of their Erath QB----I guess a big screwup ----Still talk about who would have started between Des and him!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Beau knows that the only reason we lost to McNeese was because of their Erath QB----I guess a big screwup ----Still talk about who would have started between Des and him!!! lol
    Don't go there Boomer. I still get nauseated thinking of that game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information