Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: Head Coaching Carousel

Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Really, so are they keeping him?

I can't spell his name but he is # 2 or 3 in active winning coaches right now.

And the lsu thing is funny, as is how they handled everything.
    I don't think they ever said they were keeping him either, I guess we will find out once the season is over.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I don't think they ever said they were keeping him either, I guess we will find out once the season is over.
    I guess if he walks into his office and finds it empty he will know also!

3. Default Re: Head Coaching Carousel

Any chance one of the big boys go after the Southern Miss coach? They've been impressive down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Any chance one of the big boys go after the Southern Miss coach? They've been impressive down the stretch.
    While it's possible, I think he needs another year of success before other schools come calling. This was really a breakout year for them. If I were looking for a coach, I'd want to see the success past this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    While it's possible, I think he needs another year of success before other schools come calling. This was really a breakout year for them. If I were looking for a coach, I'd want to see the success past this year.
    His name has popped up but you are probably correct

Twenty plus head coaches gone. Throw in coordinators and other coaches caught up in the purge, it's going to be a pricey market for universities this winter. May end up Hud looks like a steal at a million a year (NO!!! not pumping sunshine). Those programs on the lower end of the pay scale today are in a serious bind going forward. And I'm sure the carnage is not done.

I agree, we can't afford to pay 2 million and that may be the going rate. Keep an eye on Memphis. HUD can recruit N. Alabama and N. Mississippi. 1.5 million - 2 million may get his attention. Most of all, no more Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He shouldn't be fired. But his seat should be hotter than a Mexican hooker house in July after a weekend of overtime.
    You talking about Miles or HUD? If HUD, you can't be serious.

Hud's seat is in no way hot since he has a contract until 2019 and there is no way he could be bought out.

There are those (mostly here) who will try to put Hud on the hot seat next year.

Nope. He won't be. Nor should he be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Hud's seat is in no way hot since he has a contract until 2019 and there is no way he could be bought out.

There are those (mostly here) who will try to put Hud on the hot seat next year.

Well, if he continues the QB soap opera with the 2 starters from this season, or 1 from this season and a JUCO guy, we will lose and he will be on the hot seat.

If we commit to J.D., and maybe mix in a JUCO guy just in case, people will give Coach Hudpseth a LOT of room to maneuver.

There will be a lot of rebuilding next season. That rebuilding should include the QB position as well.

Just don't give us a repeat of the QB 2 step from this season.

12. Default

I know you hate pressure on a coach, and can't say a negative thing about anyone in a red UL shirt, but if this staff gives us another season like this one, it absolutely should get uncomfortable around here.

A lot of you older guys are so enamoured with Hud because he won 4 NOLA bowls. Get over it. College football is big business and the life blood of a good athletic program. We've come too far to stop now. If he can't produce AT VERY LEAST at the level he was for the first 4 seasons, he can't be allowed to continue to do whatever he wants.

We're paying big money for a SBC coach and we need a big return, consistently. I know he's the best we've had here in a long time, blah blah blah. This program isn't a ____ hole anymore.

UH coach agrees in principle for 3M! That is big money

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Good for Houston. They'll be a player for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    That is amazing! It wasn't too very long ago that only the top 2 or 3 coaches in all of the country were making that kind of money. Now, G5 coaches are making it. I know that a coach is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, so good for them. I'm just wondering when will the bubble burst and at what price will salaries be at when it does eventually burst.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information