Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I want HUD to stay...

Default Re: I want HUD to stay...

There will be a reassessment by Hud and his staff of every single thing concerning this program, top to bottom after the season. We will see the results of this reassessment almost immediately in December JC recruiting and off season workouts....as for his statements about retooling his read option offense....if we return to the original version of 2011-12 with that entire passing game package I'm in ..that offense morphed more into a power version of the read option offense with a limited passing package. I do not think that is the answer. JMO

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dude is making a million bucks coaching a Sunbelt team. Dude shouldn't get a whole lot of slack.

Z

3. Sunbelt Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by T-Boy View Post
    Doesn't matter if we want Hud back or not, if a better job in his opinion comes his way, he gone. That's how it works at this level in coaching. And if he does leave, we are further down the road then we were before he got here. The next guy will not be putting from the rough, he will at least be on the green. Just my $00.02
    Agreed, the decision to stay or go is Hud's. My big concern is he won't go ever. That, in spite of what some think, would be a disaster. Well maybe he could become Blakeney, where he is pretty good, but not good enough to leave. More likely he becomes a great realtor in Lafayette.

I might disagree with your golf analogy. We might currently be putting from the green, but we are putting downhill on a fast breaking hole. We might be better off hitting the green below the pin from the rough.

4. UL Football Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    There will be a reassessment by Hud and his staff of every single thing concerning this program, top to bottom after the season. We will see the results of this reassessment almost immediately in December JC recruiting and off season workouts....as for his statements about retooling his read option offense....if we return to the original version of 2011-12 with that entire passing game package I'm in ..that offense morphed more into a power version of the read option offense with a limited passing package. I do not think that is the answer. JMO
    bump

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    There will always be an excuse though, we are in the Belt and that's a negative from the start. Good coaches overcome.
    To get out the belt you have to show the others that you don't belong. Just take care of all the other SB teams in humiliating fashion. Go through that tunnel at the end of the game and say who's next. When this is done year after year, than others will take notice. Until then, all the new additions on the athletic complex will mean nothing in the process of moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    To get out the belt you have to show the others that you don't belong. Just take care of all the other SB teams in humiliating fashion. Go through that tunnel at the end of the game and say who's next. When this is done year after year, than others will take notice. Until then, all the new additions on the athletic complex will mean nothing in the process of moving up.
    You have this totally backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Wrong, we are on realignments time... Not our own. You don't know when the next move is gonna happen. You do everything in all aspects constantly to get you noticed. If you think facilities don't matter, you are kidding yourself. If you think academics don't matter, you are kidding yourself. Coaches salaries, budgets, market etc. In fact, after watching realignment, one could argue the last thing that matters is dominating your conference. The last 2 teams to dominate this conference in football are still here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    You have this totally backwards.
    Like 180 degrees

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Dude is making a million bucks coaching a Sunbelt team. Dude shouldn't get a whole lot of slack.

Z
    This............

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    Coach Hud has done a tremendous amount for the program...and I believe we all appreciate that. At the same time, it is hard to disagree with that statement, Z.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Agreed, the decision to stay or go is Hud's. My big concern is he won't go ever. That, in spite of what some think, would be a disaster. Well maybe he could become Blakeney, where he is pretty good, but not good enough to leave. More likely he becomes a great realtor in Lafayette.

I might disagree with your golf analogy. We might currently be putting from the green, but we are putting downhill on a fast breaking hole. We might be better off hitting the green below the pin from the rough.
    Hudspeth is making double what he's worth as a head coach. If he'd won an outright conference championship, or picked up some impressive signature wins over P5 teams, then he might have deserved a $million salary. As things stand today, he's worth about $500K. So no, Hudspeth isn't going anywhere. We overreacted when we extended his contract out as far as we did.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Hudspeth is making double what he's worth as a head coach. If he'd won an outright conference championship, or picked up some impressive signature wins over P5 teams, then he might have deserved a $million salary. As things stand today, he's worth about $500K. So no, Hudspeth isn't going anywhere. We overreacted when we extended his contract out as far as we did.
    We paid him that so we could keep him here. Had we not paid him and he would have left last year people like you would be _____ing just as loud that our admin didn't step up and pay the man what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    For the program, he has been worth way more than a million... You are worth what the market will bare, at the time he was offered 1.2 million for a job...so I'd say he is worth it. He is getting paid 1 million, so I'd say he is worth it. 1 down year with transitions, new staff and more injuries than we have had in a long time and now he isn't worth it. Hope you never have a down year at work, which I'm sure you won't being perfect and all.

You know what kills me?

There isn't a damn one of you on this board who questioned the big raise Hud got. Now you're criticizing that we overpaid......

All of you SCREAMED because you were afraid we might lose him. THAT'S why he got the big raise.

Quit being hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    You know what kills me?

There isn't a damn one of you on this board who questioned the big raise Hud got. Now you're criticizing that we overpaid......

All of you SCREAMED because you were afraid we might lose him. THAT'S why he got the big raise.

Quit being hypocrites.
    Who then will be fans? Doesn't fan stand for hypocrite?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information