Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: I want HUD to stay.

Default I want HUD to stay.

And finish the job. I want him to sit quietly by himself and reexamine this past recruiting class, his coaching staff choices, his QB indecisions, his playbook, play calling, defensive schemes, and his locker room problem, I want him to fix this broken program. HUD is a smart man and has success elsewhere. I think he needs to admit to himself that this team is broken and that he rethinks what he thinks he knows and learn new skills and X's and O's schemes. He's done so much good for this program, and I would like to see him succeed in resurrecting what he started and finish it. I look forward to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    And finish the job. I want him to sit quietly by himself and reexamine this past recruiting class, his coaching staff choices, his QB indecisions, his playbook, play calling, defensive schemes, and his locker room problem, I want him to fix this broken program. HUD is a smart man and has success elsewhere. I think he needs to admit to himself that this team is broken and that he rethinks what he thinks he knows and learn new skills and X's and O's schemes. He's done so much good for this program, and I would like to see him succeed in resurrecting what he started and finish it. I look forward to next year.
    Agree

3. Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Hud's sucess has always been because he recruited better talent. He's not a brainiac.

He's getting out recruited now. He's losing total and annual Numbers.

Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Agreed!

With what he's accomplished for this university he deserves an awful yearBut he better not loose to Ryan Street High next season. 1M a year doesn't give you two crappy seasons.

For me, it started last year, but continued this year. Coach Hud has many positives as a coach, but several things bother me and are starting to stick out more and more. Our recruiting has not benefited enough from 4 New Orleans Bow wins. It certainly doesn't show this year. Also, if NO Bowl is the peak that Hud can take us, then I want another coach. I don't hear Coach Hud publicly say where he is going to take this program anymore as he did when he started. It's like he is settled and satisfied. I want a coach who can get us to the top of G5, and we are now back 2 steps after going forward 3.

Or facilities are more important than bowl wins, we will see soon enough. Maybe the bowl wins don't mean as much when you still are housed in a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Or facilities are more important than bowl wins, we will see soon enough. Maybe the bowl wins don't mean as much when you still are housed in a dump.
    True, facilities should help. There will always be an excuse though, we are in the Belt and that's a negative from the start. Good coaches overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    True, facilities should help. There will always be an excuse though, we are in the Belt and that's a negative from the start. Good coaches overcome.
    He overcame facilities for 4 years. he has his palace, let's see what he does with it.

I still would like to see a whole new defensive staff. I don't like what I saw this year, reboot until you get it right Hud.

I am amazed at some of the comments. Did this year suck? Absolutely. But HUD has raised this program from the ashes in a way that has not been done. Is winning bowl games important? Yes, of course. Is getting facilities built important? Yes, of course. I don't think every decision HUD has made has been correct or worked out. But I do think he has more than earned the right of the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some making the comments are the same people calling for Robe's head a few years ago.

How much will NCAA allegations offset new facilities in recruiting will be the big question in the next few months?

12. Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Hud's never come close to Robe's sucess. Don't go there. Not apples to apples. Plus Robe wasn't hell bent on getting a bigger gig.

Hud's been rewarded for his services. Had he done better he'da gotten a bigger gig and left.

We own Hud a check and we support the players. That's it

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I am amazed at some of the comments. Did this year suck? Absolutely. But HUD has raised this program from the ashes in a way that has not been done. Is winning bowl games important? Yes, of course. Is getting facilities built important? Yes, of course. I don't think every decision HUD has made has been correct or worked out. But I do think he has more than earned the right of the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some making the comments are the same people calling for Robe's head a few years ago.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Plus Robe wasn't hell bent on getting a bigger gig.
    Not saying I agree, but it's arguable (on this site) that Hudspeth has actually become comfortable here and that's why we see the decline.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hud's never come close to Robe's sucess. Don't go there. Not apples to apples. Plus Robe wasn't hell bent on getting a bigger gig.

Hud's been rewarded for his services. Had he done better he'da gotten a bigger gig and left.

We own Hud a check and we support the players. That's it
    Glad to see you missed the point of my post. It was never a comparison of Robe and HUD. You won't find a bigger supporter of Robe than me. I am one that was upset when baseball's facilities took a back seat to football. My post was I find it hard to understand how some can look at one season's results and allow it to overshadow all of the good that's been done. Which in fact is exactly what was happen when people were calling for Robe to be removed.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information