Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread: I want HUD to stay.

1. Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

I don't question his salary, its a reward for past services and an incentive to get back up when he stumbles.

$1,000,000 is not an employment guarantee from either side.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Man I hope you are never my boss. You want to "raise hell" with a guy who produces above expectations 3 years in a row and then meets expectations his 4th year. He has one down year and that is not an anomaly? That is the definition of an anomaly. We has already come out and said changes are coming and I am to blame. What more do you want?
    Also, I would love to see anyone dig up a post where they thought the raise was foolish and above "market demand". All I remember was people bashing Farmer/T-Joe for taking so long on the raise and extension.
    Unlike some people here, I am not an expert at football coaching. But at every level of football I played or watched my son play I saw coaches adjust to the talent at hand. It is what coaches do. I would bet my last nickel that our players were given the playbook and then the coaches found out what plays they were good at. Screens for example. I have seen Broadway and Gautier run the screen game effectively at UL. Why no screens this year? My bet is our obese lineman can't get out there to make it effective. What about TE up the seam or slants? We have run that play with LG. Lawson and Thompson. Why not now? My bet is the play doesn't work in practice because our QB and WR/TE are not as good. And please do not think I am just happy and will love Hud forever. He is the one who did not develop a QB, he is the one who allowed our lineman to be fat and out of shape. I just think he realized early on that they were limited offensively. He wrongly thought EM and a healthy OL would allow him to get by. Sadly, he made a huge miscalculation.
    First of all, this year being an isolated case will only be proven once we are back up again. "That" is the definition of an anomaly. We cannot as of yet define our situation as an anomaly. There are plenty of examples of stubborn coaches that did well, but then began a systematic decline. Neither you or I can determine our future. But this, again, will only be defined as an isolated "down year" once it falls in between good years. not at the end of 4 good years.

Did I say anything about the raise being foolish? I had and have no problem with Hud's salary. I just don't agree that this year should have taken the turn downward that it did in almost every aspect of our play. At this point, we are questioning just about every single element of our football team. except for the punter. Is that the eclipse of 4 straight winning seasons, 4 bowl victories. and the sell of a magnificient APC under construction?

It's odd that you discredit people on here for giving football "expert" opinions. but go on to give a lengthy one of your own. And every single thing you listed is on the coaching staff. If our OL are too fat and slow to assist on a screen, why were they expected to open up holes for Eli in the middle of the field against 8 men in the box? And Hud didn't just fail to develop a QB. That's the big obvious that everyone including their girlfriend notices.

The truth is that he couldn't identify what was wrong with his talent, what was right with his talent, and adjust accordingly. He certainly gets the opportunity to reconstruct the team. I'm not arguing that. But to watch what he did this year. and not do. and assume that same brain will automatically figure things out. He just may need to find some help outside of where he's been looking IMO.

3. Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Could it be defined as an anomaly in 2015, that turned into a pattern in 2016, 2017?

I hope not, but for now it sure feels like an anomaly, and I hope it stays an anomaly.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My only point here is no one, and I mean NO ONE thought Hud was overpaid when the announcement was made. Some are now _____ing because we did it.

I'm okay with expectations. And, this team did NOT meet expectations, although I did believe we would take a step back this year with everything we lost.

But be big people. Everyone WANTED Hud to be paid a million dollars a year. If you're now saying it was a mistake, it was YOUR mistake as well as the administration's or anyone else.
    I'm not sure how many people you're actually addressing. I wanted Hud to be paid the most we could afford. so that I could ride his ___ for the entire time he's coaching here. I expect the most out of those paid the most.

This seems like the perfect year to give Hud a low grade on his report card and give him a stern talk about improving his grades. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Could it be defined as an anomaly in 2015, that turned into a pattern in 2016, 2017?

I hope not, but for now it sure feels like an anomaly, and I hope it stays an anomaly.
    The best way make it an anomaly is to light a fire under someone's ___ and make sure of it.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Mullen is interviewing at the U.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

My only point here is no one, and I mean NO ONE thought Hud was overpaid when the announcement was made. Some are now _____ing because we did it.

I'm okay with expectations. And, this team did NOT meet expectations, although I did believe we would take a step back this year with everything we lost.

But be big people. Everyone WANTED Hud to be paid a million dollars a year. If you're now saying it was a mistake, it was YOUR mistake as well as the administration's or anyone else.
    No one is saying its a mistake. I'm saying coach like you are a million dollar coach and earn your money Of course some of the people taking offense to questioning HUDs season are the same folks that were wet between the knees when " what's his name " was hired as RCAF director. Hmmmm?
    Settling for mediocrity, are we?
    Z

And what looks like a massive turnover in coaches coming this year I expect salaries to keep heading higher. In my opinion that million dollar salary isn't going to look bad at all over the next few years. There are currently seventy seven other schools who pay their coach more money and there is little to no chance we attract another decent coach for less going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I'm not sure how many people you're actually addressing. I wanted Hud to be paid the most we could afford. so that I could ride his ___ for the entire time he's coaching here. I expect the most out of those paid the most.

This seems like the perfect year to give Hud a low grade on his report card and give him a stern talk about improving his grades. No?
    Wow.based on your comment, you sound like a fantastic person.

Whats with some people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    And I was working, had other major obligations, or it was freaking storming, or the team was already showing they simply weren't worth going to watch the rest of the season. You can call that hypocritical if you want. What you think is irrelevant to me other than you're unique ability to slander people unchecked. But as you so eloquently stated in the past, I have the right to do as I see fit. And according to my eyeball test, this team didn't deserve my time this season.

There were several reasons for that. And I can dwell on those, but unless Hud takes a good look at the monster he created, & decides he's gonna take control of this team again, & makes certain the players go out, & bust their behinds for whoever is behind center. Then he's never gonna have success again, like he did the first four years. I know this. And he damn well should. or he's not nearly as smart as we all gave him credit for.
    Chill out "stolen stained cotton hotel robe dude". "Slander people unchecked"? What does that mean? Who have I slandered?

I didn't say this team deserved your time. But you were a giant fan of Hud a few years ago. And yet you want to hammer some other fans about being critical this year? I don't get it. Are you not both a past giant Hud fan. and now critical of Hud? I don't see that as being hypocritical. Hud deserves both the accolades and the criticism. How again did I slander you my lovable stolen hotel cotton robe with stains guy?

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    Wow.based on your comment, you sound like a fantastic person.

Whats with some people?
    Maybe I was a little harsh. I want to edit that sentence to "so that I could ride his ___ for the times he underperforms here." Thanks for pointing that out. I do want to remain in your fantastic person status.

12. Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Chill out "stolen stained cotton hotel robe dude". "Slander people unchecked"? What does that mean? Who have I slandered?

I didn't say this team deserved your time. But you were a giant fan of Hud a few years ago. And yet you want to hammer some other fans about being critical this year? I don't get it. Are you not both a past giant Hud fan. and now critical of Hud? I don't see that as being hypocritical. Hud deserves both the accolades and the criticism. How again did I slander you my lovable stolen hotel cotton robe with stains guy?
    ----In my first teaching gig I taught the kids the difference between slander and libel---STLW---Stood for ST Louis Wins!!!! Slander is talking (spoken) and libel is the written word----Think this is in the libel section!!! Also BWK how is your kid doing??? Where is he??? WE miss you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----In my first teaching gig I taught the kids the difference between slander and libel---STLW---Stood for ST Louis Wins!!!! Slander is talking (spoken) and libel is the written word----Think this is in the libel section!!! Also BWK how is your kid doing??? Where is he??? WE miss you!!!
    I don't think it was written or verbal. I think it was visual. I visually assaulted him while I adjusted my thong. He's never been the same.

I agree that Hud should be receiving some criticism for the way this year has turned out. I like Coach Hud, but he doesn't get a free ride just because we went to the NO Bowl 4 years. I'll give him a free ride if he takes us to an Access Bowl and/or provides plenty of ammo for another conference to come calling because how awesomely valuable our Football program would be to their conference. Free rides, and uncriticized seasons, are not easily obtained, and you don't get them just because the program was down for 40 years and then became better under your leadership. I'm glad Coach Hud was paid 1 million, but it's not for what he did so much as it is for where he's taking the program. It's for not being mediocre in a lowly conference. It's for getting UL to a higher level of football competitiveness, not for reaching his immediate achievement his 1st year and then maintaining that level. Coach Hud has shown some huge blunders this year, and people are sounding the horn, the ship is taking water. I think most want him to pull UL back up and show he can correct the issues, but just by hearing what he's been saying and seeing what's happening on the field, people are having doubts, and I can't blame them.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8

Thread Information