Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I want HUD to stay...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    Greatest fan ever...wow....great armchair coaching...i'll be looking for you on the sidelines next year..giving HUD advice on what to do....

some peoples children.....
    After this season, I could probably not do much worse. Thanks for the compliment.

Default Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    After this season, I could probably not do much worse. Thanks for the complimen.
    It wasn't a compliment...at all...

So expectations here are 4-8 now? Sorry I didn't get that memo.
    Where did he even hint that expectations are 4-8 going forward? Please reread his post very slowly. I think you will get the gist of it the second time around.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Where did he even hint that expectations are 4-8 going forward? Please reread his post very slowly. I think you will get the gist of it the second time around.
    My bad, thought you were saying this year he "met" expectations. Brings up a good question though. What are the expectations going forward?

My bad, thought you were saying this year he "met" expectations. Brings up a good question though. What are the expectations going forward?
    Winning records, bowls appearances, conference championships and thinner lineman.

My expectations: conference championship, winning record in OOC

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    My expectations: conference championship, winning record in OOC
    Those two things have never happened before..

We have not won an outright Football Conference Championship in 45 years

Those two things have never happened before..
    Exactly.

We've tied for championship and been .500 in OOC.

What would be the next step?

A quality OOC win periodically would be nice. I don't know that we've had any such defining wins for a while.

11. Default Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    A quality OOC win periodically would be nice. I don't know that we've had any such defining wins for a while.
    Two home opportunities each year would raise the odds of success.

My only point here is no one, and I mean NO ONE thought Hud was overpaid when the announcement was made. Some are now _____ing because we did it.

I'm okay with expectations. And, this team did NOT meet expectations, although I did believe we would take a step back this year with everything we lost.

But be big people. Everyone WANTED Hud to be paid a million dollars a year. If you're now saying it was a mistake, it was YOUR mistake as well as the administration's or anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    My only point here is no one, and I mean NO ONE thought Hud was overpaid when the announcement was made. Some are now _____ing because we did it.

I'm okay with expectations. And, this team did NOT meet expectations, although I did believe we would take a step back this year with everything we lost.

But be big people. Everyone WANTED Hud to be paid a million dollars a year. If you're now saying it was a mistake, it was YOUR mistake as well as the administration's or anyone else.
    Just tell me one thing Jay. Please tell me that Farmer didn't put an eternal 15 MILLION DOLLAR buyout in Hud's deal. Pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    You only came to one game this year. You went from being our biggest fan 4 years ago to being nonexistent. Get in line at the poll, Mr. Pollster!
    And I was working, had other major obligations, or it was freaking storming, or the team was already showing they simply weren't worth going to watch the rest of the season. You can call that hypocritical if you want. What you think is irrelevant to me other than you're unique ability to slander people unchecked. But as you so eloquently stated in the past, I have the right to do as I see fit. And according to my eyeball test, this team didn't deserve my time this season.

There were several reasons for that. And I can dwell on those, but unless Hud takes a good look at the monster he created, & decides he's gonna take control of this team again, & makes certain the players go out, & bust their behinds for whoever is behind center. Then he's never gonna have success again, like he did the first four years. I know this. And he damn well should. or he's not nearly as smart as we all gave him credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Hindsight is always 20/20. Tell us Hud would be on the verge of going 4-8 in 2015...and of course we would question the $1,000,000 per year. You can keep going back to the past...and casually forgetting a group of posters haven't had concerns about this coaching staff for multiple years...it's not going to help your argument.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information