Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: I want HUD to stay...

Default Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    You know what kills me?

There isn't a damn one of you on this board who questioned the big raise Hud got. Now you're criticizing that we overpaid......

All of you SCREAMED because you were afraid we might lose him. THAT'S why he got the big raise.

Quit being hypocrites.
    I love this time of year Jay. This is when callers take to the air waves, & cry about the very things they were most proud of four months ago. What I'd like to do is take a poll of how many people would like be going to the New Orleans Bowl this year.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You know what kills me?

There isn't a damn one of you on this board who questioned the big raise Hud got. Now you're criticizing that we overpaid......

All of you SCREAMED because you were afraid we might lose him. THAT'S why he got the big raise.

Quit being hypocrites.
    Very few are being hypocrites. I wanted to keep him by paying him the market demand. I am very demanding, however, about what we get for our money. And this year isn't an anomaly year until it has been corrected. Until then... it's raise hell with Hud time.

This was an informative thread for me, on what we can expect for a $1 mill per year coach.

https://forumeus.com/...Carolina/page5

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I love this time of year Jay. This is when callers take to the air waves, & cry about the very things they were most proud of four months ago. What I'd like to do is take a poll of how many people would like be going to the New Orleans Bowl this year.
    You only came to one game this year. You went from being our biggest fan 4 years ago to being nonexistent. Get in line at the poll, Mr. Pollster!

I, for one, have not said we shouldn't be paying Coach Hud what we're paying him. I also want him as my coach. But now that we have stepped up and made him the highest paid SBC coach surrounded by quality facilities, is it out of line to at least question if we're getting our money's worth? With a substantial raise and substantial facility commitments should come increased expectations. If that is out of line, let us know so we can all just drop the issue.

You know what kills me?

Quit being hypocrites.
    Unlike on your sports show/music show, ragin pagers are able to have an opinion. Go get prepared for bad tune tomorrow show. *CLICK*

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I, for one, have not said we shouldn't be paying Coach Hud what we're paying him. I also want him as my coach. But now that we have stepped up and made him the highest paid SBC coach surrounded by quality facilities, is it out of line to at least question if we're getting our money's worth? With a substantial raise and substantial facility commitments should come increased expectations. If that is out of line, let us know so we can all just drop the issue.
    Your not out of line here. Good post. If I had to guess, most people feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    That's a fair point and question. He shouldn't have any distractions or obligations to pull him away from his only focus... Fixing it. The APC is built and ready to be recruited with. He doesn't have to raise extra money to get it done right. The decision from infractions committee should come out before signing day. As much as we could use the practice of we were somehow to get a bowl through APR, it would be better to use that time to get a plan together with the staff. It sounds like excuses but this was almost a perfect storm, mostly caused by the staff but some things weren't. Injuries and surgeries in the spring causing soft offseason, QB controversy/drama, losing players and leadership that we lost, the APC, the new staff, the injury bug etc. It will be an interesting offseason for sure, but I think he deserves the chance to fix it before discussing if we are getting our money's worth.

9. Default Re: I want HUD to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Dude is making a million bucks coaching a Sunbelt team. Dude shouldn't get a whole lot of slack.

Z
    Can't judge a recruiting class till they are seniors (I was told)

Can't judge a salary till he has received it for 4 years, (I'm telling everyone)

The last time my company gave me a raise, I didn't get four years to begin earning it. Matter of fact, they didn't give me four weeks!

Put in a good, mobile & accurate QB and a big back, and suddenly, Hud will be a genius. There are some athletes out there, and I think they start to show up next year. Maybe he was too loyal to the longer term program guys, or maybe the young talent wasn't ready yet, but either way, I foresee some explosiveness next year. In college football, offensive explosiveness goes a long way to success. It even makes your defense look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Very few are being hypocrites. I wanted to keep him by paying him the market demand. I am very demanding, however, about what we get for our money. And this year isn't an anomaly year until it has been corrected. Until then... it's raise hell with Hud time.
    Man I hope you are never my boss. You want to "raise hell" with a guy who produces above expectations 3 years in a row and then meets expectations his 4th year. He has one down year and that is not an anomaly? That is the definition of an anomaly. We has already come out and said changes are coming and I am to blame. What more do you want?
    Also, I would love to see anyone dig up a post where they thought the raise was foolish and above "market demand". All I remember was people bashing Farmer/T-Joe for taking so long on the raise and extension.
    Unlike some people here, I am not an expert at football coaching. But at every level of football I played or watched my son play I saw coaches adjust to the talent at hand. It is what coaches do. I would bet my last nickel that our players were given the playbook and then the coaches found out what plays they were good at. Screens for example. I have seen Broadway and Gautier run the screen game effectively at UL. Why no screens this year? My bet is our obese lineman can't get out there to make it effective. What about TE up the seam or slants? We have run that play with LG. Lawson and Thompson. Why not now? My bet is the play doesn't work in practice because our QB and WR/TE are not as good. And please do not think I am just happy and will love Hud forever. He is the one who did not develop a QB, he is the one who allowed our lineman to be fat and out of shape. I just think he realized early on that they were limited offensively. He wrongly thought EM and a healthy OL would allow him to get by. Sadly, he made a huge miscalculation.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Man I hope you are never my boss. You want to "raise hell" with a guy who produces above expectations 3 years in a row and then meets expectations his 4th year. He has one down year and that is not an anomaly? That is the definition of an anomaly. We has already come out and said changes are coming and I am to blame. What more do you want?
    Also, I would love to see anyone dig up a post where they thought the raise was foolish and above "market demand". All I remember was people bashing Farmer/T-Joe for taking so long on the raise and extension.
    Unlike some people here, I am not an expert at football coaching. But at every level of football I played or watched my son play I saw coaches adjust to the talent at hand. It is what coaches do. I would bet my last nickel that our players were given the playbook and then the coaches found out what plays they were good at. Screens for example. I have seen Broadway and Gautier run the screen game effectively at UL. Why no screens this year? My bet is the our obese lineman can't get out there to make it effective. What about TE up the seam or slants? We have run that play with LG. Lawson and Thompson. Why not now? My bet is the play doesn't work in practice because our QB and WR/TE are not as good. And please do not think I am just happy and will love Hud forever. He is the one who did not develop a QB, he is the one who allowed our lineman to be fat and out of shape. I just think he realized early on that they were limited offensively. He wrongly thought EM and a healthy OL would allow him to get by. Sadly, he made a huge miscalculation.
    Good post Metry. I will say that a major disappointment to me is the OL seemed to get more out of shape as the season wore on. In season nutrition needs to have more attention paid to it in 2016.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Good post Metry. I will say that a major disappointment to me is the OL seemed to get more out of shape as the season wore on. In season nutrition needs to have more attention paid to it in 2016.
    So expectations here are 4-8 now? Sorry I didn't get that memo.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How?? How does one drive erase a comedy of errors by an ENTIRE staff produced all season. Every game was worse than the one that proceeded it. A mop of duty rushing touchdown on a broken play gives the staff a pass...

No wonder this program is the way it is. People are so starved for success on the field, they'll take anything and turn it into this grand mirage.. Has it occurred to anyone that Hud is in over his head without a solid QB like Broadway? I'm not saying I believe that to be factual, but has it at least OCCURRED to anyone? Because its definitely a possibility.

I've said this at the tailgate many times: Hud's calling card is the LOS, it always has been. Both of our lines were not just average, but BRUTAL for the majority of this season. The offense was crippled, BY COACHING. The QB situation was handled in the worse possible way, by the coaches. In particular, the Head Coach. The locker room has been in constant turmoil, because of many reasons, but mainly because the adults lost control. The conditioning has been an utter joke (and oh btw, another Hud calling card).

You guys can circle jerk over a broken play, mop up TD. I'm going to stay over here in the real world and judge this staff and our future by the season I just observed.
    Greatest fan ever...wow....great armchair coaching...i'll be looking for you on the sidelines next year..giving HUD advice on what to do....

some peoples children.....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information