Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: I want HUD to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    For me, it started last year, but continued this year. Coach Hud has many positives as a coach, but several things bother me and are starting to stick out more and more. Our recruiting has not benefited enough from 4 New Orleans Bow wins. It certainly doesn't show this year. Also, if NO Bowl is the peak that Hud can take us, then I want another coach. I don't hear Coach Hud publicly say where he is going to take this program anymore as he did when he started. It's like he is settled and satisfied. I want a coach who can get us to the top of G5, and we are now back 2 steps after going forward 3.
    Now that Curtis is out at Tulane, I wonder if recruiting gets a little easier along the I-10 corridor. The resurgence of So. Miss may make Mississippi more competitive, but New Orleans may be opening up a bit.

I continue to think our issues aren't scheme or staff. I think it is really more fundamental. Until we start shedding blocks and tackling on D, and blocking ANYONE on O, we will continue to look like this. Hud can re-examine anything he wants, but getting serious about strength (to shed blocks) and getting back to fundamentals should be our first priority.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: I want HUD to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    For me, it started last year, but continued this year. Coach Hud has many positives as a coach, but several things bother me and are starting to stick out more and more. Our recruiting has not benefited enough from 4 New Orleans Bow wins. It certainly doesn't show this year. Also, if NO Bowl is the peak that Hud can take us, then I want another coach. I don't hear Coach Hud publicly say where he is going to take this program anymore as he did when he started. It's like he is settled and satisfied. I want a coach who can get us to the top of G5, and we are now back 2 steps after going forward 3.
    Those New Orleans Bowl wins impress us fans a whole lot more than they impress recruits. These days, forty some odd teams win bowl games every year. More teams play in bowls than don't. It just isn't a big deal anymore.

3. UL Football Re: I want HUD to stay.

It's a big deal. Either way it's a big deal. You play in a bowl that is common so what. Well you don't play in a bowl that is common that's what. It's important that you don't be in that group.

It's a huge positive by not being a huge negative. Kids want to play in a bowl.

Hud is not going anywhere.

HUD moving on is good for the program. No HC has ever moved up from our program. Watch out for Memphis, USM and even Tulane as possible landing spots for HUD.

6. UL Football Re: I want HUD to stay.

because he isn't being invited. He'll go if invited.

Isn't that true about all coaches, faculty, etc. You accept the price of admission. Want to stay because you love the place, great. Want to leave because you want more - $$, name recognition, facilities, etc., good too. To go or to stay, up to each. Robe is a great coach; but no Lotief based on regionals/supers, etc. Except, as you said, you can't compare. I've had more fun in the last five years watching football than I've had since I began attending games here in '63. Hope to have more fun next year than this but this year sure wasn't as bad as about 20 others I've sat through. Man, this athletic program is the best we've had overall in two generations. If we get volleyball and soccer up a bit, we're rocking. Sure would have loved to have had a fifth great year in football. But also wish we could have built another lab in engineering. Neither happened. Will try for the later again next year as I suspect Hud will try also. Suspect with the oil patch, we won't make it happen. But we'll sure work at it. Won't quit working with my buds in Madison and Rougeau if it doesn't. Or despair, or fire the Dean or any profs. Or any adjuncts for God sake. Just think, you could have U of Texas' budget and not be very good in football. Think how poorly they must feel.

Hud didn't rise the program from the ashes. Bustle did that. Hud took Bustle's success and took us to another level. That level being bowl games and new facilities.

This year being his 1st year with 100% all of his recruits is telling for Hud's recruiting ability. Next year will be very interesting. With as bad as this year was, Hud has to put out next year. Simple as that.

This is not LSU, he had a bad season. I think this season is a wake up call. Between the NCAA allegations, and other things. Now we got the new APC and IPF, renovations coming to Cajun Field, I think the level of recruits will get stronger.

I think Hudsbeth is the person who will get us to the next level, he is pushing the administration and fans to support the program.

Our Baseball program and Softball programs shows us how great this university can be. I believe our football program can be a top 25 contender. Lets see if he can overcome adversity I believe he can.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Hud didn't rise the program from the ashes. Bustle did that. Hud took Bustle's success and took us to another level. That level being bowl games and new facilities.

This year being his 1st year with 100% all of his recruits is telling for Hud's recruiting ability. Next year will be very interesting. With as bad as this year was, Hud has to put out next year. Simple as that.
    Name all of bustles recruits that contributed to the 2013 and 2014 9-4 football teams. That argument is so rediculous. Bustle wasn't some recruiting genius. His teams were routinely beat physically by sun belt teams. We had 1 really good team IMO and that was 2008.

11. Sunbelt Re: I want HUD to stay.

This is a wish thread, so let's get one thing straight. Hud is not in jeopardy of losing his job in 2015, and could have exactly as bad a year in 2016 without fear of the axe.

The originator of the thread indicated he wants Hud to have an opportunity to fix this mess. He'll get that for sure, and more. Some think it's due him, it isn't. Some think he won't, and that will be determined in the coming years.

It's not about being fair, or loyal. Loyalty if college ball is the contract. Coaches abridge it, colleges buy it up. There is no loyalty in either position, it's just business.

The only ones I am loyal to are the athletes because they represent MY university. I will give them the benefit of the doubt, unless they have proven to they are not trying. How can I be upset by their talent level. We asked them to come and play and they accepted.

How quickly some forget. Seriously.

Take a look at the facility upgrades. Take a look and remember the fun we've had the last 4 years.

Nowremember the 30 years prior to Hud being here.

Got it?

We are a bad football team this year. Know what? We are "pre-Hud" Cajun football right now. Can the man have one disappointing season?

4 straight years of the winningest football we've seen and one bad year has a ton of people trashing our coach! This season, pre-HUD, was considered a GOOD year! Some of us need to get over ourselves.

Seriously.

He needs to recruit more guys with character and fewer characters

Quote Originally Posted by Textitan View Post
    I am amazed at some of the comments. Did this year suck? Absolutely. But HUD has raised this program from the ashes in a way that has not been done. Is winning bowl games important? Yes, of course. Is getting facilities built important? Yes, of course. I don't think every decision HUD has made has been correct or worked out. But I do think he has more than earned the right of the benefit of the doubt. Maybe some making the comments are the same people calling for Robe's head a few years ago.
    Raised us from the ashes????? We are still down with the bottom 25 in the country. We are getting whipped by teams that just moved up to 1A. We will probably get beat by a 1AA opponent next year. Bustle raised us from the ashes. Hud finally had to coach his recruits with his coaches. The only thing that Hud did was get on the train at the right time. Yes, I think his big talk and enthusiasm have helped, but his coaching flaws have caught up with him.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Dear HUD, less micromanaging of your team. Let your coaches coach. A CEO is great because he surrounds himself with good people and lets them do their jobs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information