Thread: Only one viable streak left on the the table

1. UL Football Only one viable streak left on the the table

Winning the very last game of the season.

Default Re: Only one viable streak left on the the table

Maybe not, T. Interesting post game comments from Dan Mcdonald. Said it's very likely that bowl games will need a few 5-7 teams to fill spots. Had a logical scenario where the Cajuns could be one of them, since there are now four bowl tie ins for the SBC. So, ASSUMING a win against Troy AND an invite, (this question is for everybody) should Hud accept and take us to our 5th straight bowl game? OR, should he decline? If it's about the kids, as we say it should be, then the answer is yes, right? But, I would decline, because mainly, we're not deserving. We live now in an age of rewarding mediocrity and where every kid gets a participation trophy! So, where's the incentive to succeed, when you go to a bowl with a .500 record, much less a losing one! I think he'd do us more good by declining. What say y'all?

Well we could use the extra practice.

4. UL Football Re: Only one viable streak left on the the table

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    Maybe not, T. Interesting post game comments from Dan Mcdonald. Said it's very likely that bowl games will need a few 5-7 teams to fill spots. Had a logical scenario where the Cajuns could be one of them, since there are now four bowl tie ins for the SBC. So, ASSUMING a win against Troy AND an invite, (this question is for everybody) should Hud accept and take us to our 5th straight bowl game? OR, should he decline? If it's about the kids, as we say it should be, then the answer is yes, right? But, I would decline, because mainly, we're not deserving. We live now in an age of rewarding mediocrity and where every kid gets a participation trophy! So, where's the incentive to succeed, when you go to a bowl with a .500 record, much less a losing one! I think he'd do us more good by declining. What say y'all?
    IMO the Cajuns are not good candidates for a 5-7 team. No near by bowl is available, and better candidates will be available for those bowls. But no doubt you never turn down a bowl because you're not worthy.

I would rather stay home at 5-7 than go bowling at 5-7. The fact that 5-7 teams will be bowling means there are too many bowls. We would also get our @$$ kicked on national tv once again.

6. UL Football Re: Only one viable streak left on the the table

Kids on this team and recruits want to go bowling. That is a fact. What I think about a 5/7 team means zero, and what you think means zero. I'm believe a seventeen year old thinks I want to get to showcase my talents in a bowl.

The only thing that matters is who can sell more tickets! They don't give a ____ about product!

8. Default Re: Only one viable streak left on the the table

Always accept an extra game.

Don't view it as a reward, view it as an opportunity.

There is another streak alive and well. Hint, name the last SLI/USL/UL head football coach that left for a better head coaching job. Cue crickets in 3, 2, 1

Quote Originally Posted by NickatNite View Post
    Never pull a LaTech

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

a bowl game at 5-7 would be embarrassing

If you get the privilege of playing in a bowl game you play in anyone, anywhere, anytime.We can always use the extra 2 weeks practice.

14. UL Football Re: Only one viable streak left on the the table

Think it might take a whole extra season of practice Pride, looks like the coaches cannot coach the kids up.

Thread Information