Thread: Curtis Johnson

Default Curtis Johnson

I'd like to see Hud bring Curtis Johnson in on the staff. I know Tulane has been abysmal, but I have been impressed with Johnson's recruiting. I don't think he is a bad coach either. His hands have been tied by a university that doesn't truly support athletics. Remember what that was like?

2. UL Football Re: Curtis Johnson

Don't know about CJ, but his defensive recruits have been very good whoever got them. IMO Johnson may or may not be a good position coach, but is clearly not head coach material. His body language reminds me a lot of Jerry Stoval when he was at LSU very agitated as things fall apart.

Many are way too young to know who Jerry is, and was. Jerry was an LSU Heisman candidate out of Monroe Louisiana. His heroics on the field rivaled Billy Cannon without all the BS. He had a very good NFL career. After the NFL he became an outstanding recruiter and JUVA coach for the tigers. Later he was trust into the head job after the death of the new LSU head coach in the missing plane incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    I'd like to see Hud bring Curtis Johnson in on the staff. I know Tulane has been abysmal, but I have been impressed with Johnson's recruiting. I don't think he is a bad coach either. His hands have been tied by a university that doesn't truly support athletics. Remember what that was like?
    CJ is a Hell of a position Coach.he will have an NFL job the minute this Tulane business ends.

Default Re: Curtis Johnson

Bill Arnesbarger won a lot of Football games at LSU with Jerry Stovall recruits

CJ will go back to NFL if he doesn't get another HC or coordinator gig. No way he considers a position job at a mid major or even a P5.

The only coach from that Tulane staff that we want is Lionel Washington. He is responsible for the defensive recruits and the defenses success.

Thread Information