Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

1. UL Basketball Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

UL — Through three games, the Louisiana men's basketball team has featured the same three starting lineups, but don't expect that to continue Wednesday night against Loyola. "Look for a change tomorrow, we're going to mix it up a bit I t.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

register never wins his matchup, let hedge start at the 3 with wright stove Washington and long

I agree would love to see a "big lineup" with Hedgeman at the 3 alongside Washington/Walker and Long. Not sure if Walker is in the doghouse for some reason but he should be seeing more time. He is actually leading everyone including Long in scoring and rebounding per minutes played. I get why Register starts but if his shots aren't falling get Shepherd in there quick. I have also been impressed with Wooten so far. I thought he was just a shooter but he has a pretty decent all around game.

4. Default Re: Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

Register is a streaky shooter. Never know when the good or bad streak is due.

Register is great when his shots are on, which is only about 20% of all games. Other than that he is a liability who cant play defence and totally lacks fundamental ball. He has not developed his game beyond a rare good shooting appearance

I'll give him some credit, I've seen a few things out of Register this year that look a little better on defense. He isn't someone I want on the floor for the other teams last possession with the game on the line but I've seen improvement.

7. Default Re: Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I'll give him some credit, I've seen a few things out of Register this year that look a little better on defense. He isn't someone I want on the floor for the other teams last possession with the game on the line but I've seen improvement.
    This tidbit still hasn't registered with some.

The other factor to consider is if and when he does 'go off' his offense will more than compensate for his defense.

Having said that I don't recall many times where he got hot after starting dismal.

I may be wrong on all counts. But your point registers with me.

My best guess is hedgeman takes Washington's spot and Wooten takes stove's spot. This is what was used to start second half vs Alabama.

Stove and Washington have disappointed me a little this year

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    My best guess is hedgeman takes Washington's spot and Wooten takes stove's spot. This is what was used to start second half vs Alabama.

Stove and Washington have disappointed me a little this year
    Stove has disappointed me; Washington has not.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Register is a streaky shooter. Never know when the good or bad streak is due.
    Only streak he's had this year looks like grandpa's drawers. His defense, I've seen him blow it a few times already this year; he drops his head, knowing coach has him out next dead ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    register never wins his matchup, let hedge start at the 3 with wright stove Washington and long
    Marlin starting this lineup tonight

12. Default Re: Marlin says lineup changes coming for Cajuns vs. Loyola

No Bryce 5 min in. Interesting

Bryce isn't even dressed

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    Bryce isn't even dressed
    Mel? News? PM if necessary.

Marlin said post game Bryce hurt in practice, meeting with doc after post game show. Hope to have him back next week.

I must give Register credit tonight. Kid played harder than I've ever seen on defense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information