Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Defensive staff

Default Defensive staff

Is it just me, I personally think our 3 coaches that were on Auburns staff and got released when Muschamp was hired never intended to be here for the long haul. To my knowledge they were all still getting paid by AU when they took this job. IMO they are out of here first chance the get at being an assistant again in the SEC and HUD may be looking for a DC again this year. Just the vibe I get from that bunch.

Default Re: Defensive staff

I wouldn't mind if Melvin Smith left tomorrow. There is a reason he has been a position coach for 20 yrs and never a DC. I would like to see our next DC be someone that already has DC experience at a 1AA program that is very good on D.

Todd Berry

What coach wouldn't leave here for the SEC? Better yet which coach wouldn't leave and G5 school for a P5 school. Also ask Coach Willis how it worked out for him last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Taylor View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Melvin Smith left tomorrow. There is a reason he has been a position coach for 20 yrs and never a DC. I would like to see our next DC be someone that already has DC experience at a 1AA program that is very good on D.
    Lance Guidry.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Taylor View Post
    Melvin Smith is not the problem, and may be the best coach we have on staff.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Todd Berry
    In all seriousness, I'd hire that guy today.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    In all seriousness, I'd hire that guy today.
    As would I.

If we keep shuffling coaches don't expect a good product. Yes our players aren't that great on defense but not having stability in the coaching staff hurts the situation

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Melvin Smith is not the problem, and may be the best coach we have on staff.
    Right he has a defense that covers and tackles well and gives up very few big plays on 3rd down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Is it just me, I personally think our 3 coaches that were on Auburns staff and got released when Muschamp was hired never intended to be here for the long haul. To my knowledge they were all still getting paid by AU when they took this job. IMO they are out of here first chance the get at being an assistant again in the SEC and HUD may be looking for a DC again this year. Just the vibe I get from that bunch.
    I have been saying this to some of my friends all season long. This is not where they want to be. They are here binding their time for another chance a bigger conference.

Why not go after some real hunger coaches from other FCS or Mid Majors Universities that are probably better than what we have here and hire them. Let face it, Lafayette is a fun place to live, the University is on the Rise, and they have fun.
    I am tired of getting fired coaches from other Universities, let's entice good smart minded coaches to come here.

I can't believe these guys are 100% motivated for us.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Todd Berry
    Berry is an offensive coach.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Lance Guidry.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364 View Post
    +1
    I think he is sketchy, but the man can coach defense. He is fiery and motivates his players to play above their heads quite often.

Just because someone coached in sec does not mean he can coach. Of course whenever to change your DC, much less your whole defensive staff, you take a step back before you see any improvement. This seems like a giant leap backward.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information