Thread: Held in check

1. UL Football Held in check

UL — Last week's game against South Alabama marked a first for Elijah McGuire, and it's not a milestone he would've ever liked to set. The Jaguars limited the Louisiana running back to 21 yards on 11 carries, marking the first time in 35.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: Held in check

play calling is 95% of the problem

Try running up the middle again with a stacked box, it has worked well so far

Where is efrem Reed? I haven't really looked so he may be playing special teams but he is a stockier back who could handle some carries. He was supposed to be back for latech

He got a carry vs USA, but it was negated by a penalty. it was actually a pretty good run.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    He got a carry vs USA, but it was negated by a penalty. it was actually a pretty good run.
    Wow, I was there and didn't notice. Might have been getting a beer or something but I'd like to see him get some more carries if he is healthy.

I figured Reed would be our tough yards back this season. Bad injury to his shin has kept him out for much longer than I thought would be the case, but I really don't know the specifics of that injury. If he is ready to play, they should use him and spare Eli on those short yardage situations. Besides, Reed had really bulked up this year and has a Dalton Hilliard look! Bowling Ball! He's not shifty, like Dalton, but he was always quick in the hole and ran hard, north-south.

I think Eli is hurting. Hud mentioned something was wrong with him but I am not seeing him changing directions, breaking tackles, etc. like in the past. He has been going down pretty much on contact.

Thread Information