Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

1. UL Football Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

UL cornerback Simeon Thomas, recently granted restored NCAA eligibility, won't play Saturday against New Mexico State

Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

I think this is a very good thing. Give Simeon a whole year of eligibility. This year is a wash.

So.this is his redshirt year?

Simeon and Savion will make two pretty decent corners next year.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    UL cornerback Simeon Thomas, recently granted restored NCAA eligibility, won't play Saturday against New Mexico State

Targeting Easter 2016 for his appearance.

6. Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    So.this is his redshirt year?
    ---C-hawk I am almost positive this is NOT his R-shirt year----I think he could play now but that after talking it over with HUD they decided to just let this year play out since he is so out of the loop----Damn he must be itchen' to play however!!!

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Targeting Easter 2016 for his appearance.
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---C-hawk I am almost positive this is NOT his R-shirt year

I think he could play now but that after talking it over with HUD they decided to just let this year play out since he is so out of the loop

Damn he must be itchen' to play however!!!

If he played this year he would have 1 year left, if he doesn't play he has 2 years left. Call that whatever you want but it's like a redshirt. And the article says he will take a redshirt. HUD is quoted as saying he will take a redshirt.

9. Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

Yet we need him desperately NOW. This kid may never play another down for Louisiana Football.

He may be the difference between bowl/no bowl.

I disagree, would take him forever to get back to playing meaningful minutes. He hasn't played live action in a long time, hasn't practiced anywhere but scout team in 3 months. Sit him and you get 2 full years. He could lock down one side for the next 2 years if he is what they claim.

11. Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

You know he's had problems getting on the field. Those may be over, but a bad bet. He's capable of playing well now. It's talent vs non talent. He's fine vs NMSU and Troy. Those get us bowl qualified.

Doesn't matter the decision is made. I'll be astounded if he's around two years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You know he's had problems getting on the field. Those may be over, but a bad bet. He's capable of playing well now. It's talent vs non talent. He's fine vs NMSU and Troy. Those get us bowl qualified.

Doesn't matter the decision is made. I'll be astounded if he's around two years.
    So take a guy out who has been playing, doing everything he supposed to do and replace him with a guy who hasn't seen live action since bowl game against Tulane? If you play him now, he looks like rusty ___ and burn a year what's the point? Or you hedge your bets and have him for 2 years. I agree with coach %100 percent on this. You don't burn a year to work in a backup for 3 games.

13. Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If he played this year he would have 1 year left, if he doesn't play he has 2 years left. Call that whatever you want but it's like a redshirt. And the article says he will take a redshirt. HUD is quoted as saying he will take a redshirt.
    ---I thought for sure he had red shirted (still do)---maybe the injury was used in some capacity or they could apply for a medical red shirt!!!

14. Default Re: Cajun cornerback Thomas will wait until 2016 for return

5 years to play 4 must play into this somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I thought for sure he had red shirted (still do)---maybe the injury was used in some capacity or they could apply for a medical red shirt!!!
    He's got 5 to play 4. That clock started in the fall of 2013. That leaves you with 2 no matter how you want to call it(redshirt, lost year, etc.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information