Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    FWIW, this rendering is old. The updated design won't split the 100 and 200 levels, and the suites will still be in the same place. There will be portals to enter through on the 100 level sidelines, and I'm assuming there will also be a new concourse with new concessions under the 100 level.
    Have those updates been released?

2. Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    ----Just thinking about how great our facilities are---softball (great), wbb and Mbb (great arena), baseball will be great, football and the rest of that facility when done will be damn good, and I guess the track/soccer deal is OK---Just thinking that they are on par with most of the Big12 schools---would I be correct on that??

Released in what way? To the general public? Probably not. But to those that are building it? Of course.

Released to the general public. Why would they do that? We are not in the need to know bases. They want to surprise us.

At the risk of sounding like an old gas bag, all of this means nothing unless the basketball team gets to practice in the facility where they play.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an old gas bag, all of this means nothing unless the basketball team gets to practice in the facility where they play.
    Why? Before the facility our teams practiced in bourgeois, they managed. That was with the students playing pickup games on the other side of the curtain.

7. Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Why? Before the facility our teams practiced in bourgeois, they managed. That was with the students playing pickup games on the other side of the curtain.
    "they managed" is an indictment

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "they managed" is an indictment
    Coddling them like 2 year olds is as well. Especially cuddling a very well compensated grown man. If You allow teenagers to make excuses. They will every time. Keep telling them they can't shoot because of where they practice and they will believe it.

Honestly, the rendering I saw didn't look like something you would make to release to the public. It was VERY rough around the edges. I just so happened to be in the right place at the right time. But I will say that the updates were described accurately in the article posted here a day or two ago.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    That's a red herring. We've had great shootng teams, we've played great shooting teams in the dome. We play there more than our opponents. Bottom line it's not as big an issue as bad recruiting and sub par coaching.

Anyone know who is doing the project? I don't believe it's Lemoine

12. Default Re: Cajundome Renovations 2016

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Anyone know who is doing the project? I don't believe it's Lemoine
    i believe it's JB Mouton

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun View Post
    i believe it's JB Mouton
    Ah yeah, you're right. I see it mentioned in one of the IceGator articles. Don't see anything on their site as far as renderings or preliminary releases

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Ah yeah, you're right. I see it mentioned in one of the IceGator articles. Don't see anything on their site as far as renderings or preliminary releases
    The J.B. Mouton "Construction Entrance" sign has also been on the Congress St entrance to the Dome parking lot for a while now.

Man there is some great stuff in here. You guys are too much sometimes.

So our team needs to practice on the court they play to be good? How does that work for other college teams or pro teams? Is ours the only school that doesn't practice on their home court? How does Curry hit all those amazing shots when he practices 6 miles away in a different arena?

Who cares what the rendering looks like? I can't wait to see it in person. Thats all that matters to me. It could look cool as ice in the rendering and look like crap in person. Lets wait and judge once we see the finished product.

Concession stands? C'mon man. We have plenty open for the crowds the basketball puts in the dome. So you have to wait a few minutes? Big deal. Get there early time your concession runs better. Its way better to have busy concession stand than to have 4 people working an upper deck concession stand with no customers just so you can walk up and sit down with no wait.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information