Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: 'A pretty good direction'

UL Football 'A pretty good direction'

yup but it cant take the bad taste out of us beating the worst team in d1 barely because HUD s play calling sux and his usage of HAACK and his favoritism for NIXoN almost doomed us

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    yup but it cant take the bad taste out of us beating the worst team in d1 barely because HUD s play calling sux and his usage of HAACK and his favoritism for NIXoN almost doomed us
    Did we watch the same UL game? Could you provide me with the number of snaps Nixon got. You may need to bone up on the definition of favoritism.
    As for LSU, they ran into a superior foe. Barring mass defections to the NFL, I would expect LSU to be in the national championship game next year.

Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Did we watch the same UL game? Could you provide me with the number of snaps Nixon got. You may need to bone up on the definition of favoritism.
    As for LSU, they ran into a superior foe. Barring mass defections to the NFL, I would expect LSU to be in the national championship game next year.
    dude . get out of here. haack was pulled and nixon came in and promptly threw an int MARTIN HALL sent you? SHUT UP LOSER. HUD HATES HAACK Most posters here think that also Now go run to your boy T-slow and cheer about how great we are HOws our fund raising by the way????

4. UL Football 'A pretty good direction'

ATLANTA — As somewhat expected, Louisiana quarterback Brooks Haack was rewarded with a start against Georgia State after leading his team to a comeback win against ULM last week. What wasn't necessarily expected was how much playing time Haack .

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

dude . get out of here. haack was pulled and nixon came in and promptly threw an int MARTIN HALL sent you? SHUT UP LOSER. HUD HATES HAACK Most posters here think that also Now go run to your boy T-slow and cheer about how great we are HOws our fund raising by the way????
    Put the booze away, man.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Nixon got one drive and botched it and did not come back, if he were the chosen one as people state he would have gotten a 2nd chance at redemption. But he didn't. The coaches moved on and we won. The brooks camp won, i actually enjoyed seeing a glimpse of a passing game, learn to take yes for an answer. We got a w, we didn't look like world beaters, but we looked like a team that shook off some funk. SOME FUNK, not all of it, and i dont care is gsu is garbage, baby steps. We need to face facts, we aren't as good as we should be, clearly, but we are as good as we are, and signs pint to us getting better. You can squabble as to why forever, but this team has only weeks to become bowl worthy and that's the goal. Clear eyes, full hearts get some effin dubyas fellas while we delegate

Do you always call people losers when asked a direct question? No reason to get mad just because your preconceived notions are off base. You and others have dug your heels in on this Hud hates Haack narrative. I get it. But as with most situations, things are a lot more nuanced. In this case we have weak spots across the OL and WR, combined with QB's who need clear throwing lanes to be successful. And guess what? We will continue to struggle on offense because of this. But yea, keep up the Hud hates Haack angle. That's why our offense is bad.

Gotta go. Having brunch with T-joe and Hud to discuss dotting some I's and crossing some T's on the Master Plan.

I will say that we had ALL the momentum until Nixon came in and completely stunk up a series and threw a pick. I think if he leaves Haack in on that drive, we score and its 24-7 and we go on to route GSU.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I will say that we had ALL the momentum until Nixon came in and completely stunk up a series and threw a pick. I think if he leaves Haack in on that drive, we score and its 24-7 and we go on to route GSU.
    That is possible. I do agree Nixon should have stayed on the sidelines. I know that was the plan pregame, but the game dictated another Haack series.
    Just not buying the Hud hates Haack angle.

10. Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Luke and I had a converstion about this yesterday, which turned into Luke actually asking Hud in post game interview. Nixon's appearance was scripted. And I get that.

But at that moment, Brooks was developing a rythym. With all the instability you've had a the quarterback position this year, you have to recognize that the offense is developing right before your eyes and let the kids keep rolling. That decision changed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Luke and I had a converstion about this yesterday, which turned into Luke actually asking Hud in post game interview. Nixon's appearance was scripted. And I get that.

But at that moment, Brooks was developing a rythym. With all the instability you've had a the quarterback position this year, you have to recognize that the offense is developing right before your eyes and let the kids keep rolling. That decision changed the game.
    Not only changed.damn near lost it!

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

This exactly! !! The offense was FINALLY getting into a groove. Hud recognized that and knew that if it happened he would NEVER be able to play Nixon at QB again so he yanked haack, messed up the chemistry that was forming, and damn near blew the game.

Also, I have to believe that these dumbass coaching decisions like this are starting to take a toll on some of the players morale. How can you continue to go out there and give 100% when you see your coaching staff SABOTAGING the team for selfish reasons called pride?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    That is possible. I do agree Nixon should have stayed on the sidelines. I know that was the plan pregame, but the game dictated another Haack series.
    Just not buying the Hud hates Haack angle.
    Very few are saying Hud hates Haack. Typical of this forum, 2 people make a silly comment, and it becomes the straw man argument. Hud wants both fine young men to play QB. Nixon playing yesterday was scripted as you stated. Hud just should have had the sense to rewrite the script and let what was working continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Very few are saying Hud hates Haack. Typical of this forum, 2 people make a silly comment, and it becomes the straw man argument. Hud wants both fine young men to play QB. Nixon playing yesterday was scripted as you stated. Hud just should have had the sense to rewrite the script and let what was working continue.
    There are way more than two who think (and type) this. I actually enjoy their "silly comments". It is truly comical, but not nearly as "silly" as Fournette not being an elite level player.

Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

After the game, Hudspeth said the team didn’t utilize Nixon’s strengths well enough.

“We probably didn’t give Jalen enough opportunities to run the read option,” Hudspeth said. “That’s what he does the best.”

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information