Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 'A pretty good direction'

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Stats? What good are stats unless they support MY argument!
    Data is worthless without the information that goes along with it. Stats are used to manipulate all of the time. And "argument" is a gift you have or you do not. whether stats are used or not.

2. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I havehe ain't a QBand The Coaches know it
    ---Oh ok BB--the coaches are playing somebody that is inferior-----WHY---to get fired, to get the fans ____ed, to get the team ____ed, to show how wrong they can be??? you should know from your experience that it doesn't happen that way!!! This thing would have been hashed out long ago if there wasn't a good reason for his staying at that position!!! Damn the guy accounted for 450 yards in one game BB---Your days are over as mine are--how many knew more than you when you coached and you just laughed because they had no idea---you taint in the meetings---they are and I let them live or die by the Ws and Ls----I have been very pleased with this staff and the entire offensive members that have been here since the get go!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Btw, at the presser, Hud was asked about Eli averaging less than 3 yards a carry. His answer?? "That tells me we need to run Nixon more".
    For the stat junkies, Eli's best game (almost 12 YPC) was against NWST. when Nixon did not play. only Haack played. And Eli's worse game (13 carries for 32 yards) was against Ark State. where only Nixon played. Stats.

4. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yeah sorry.no disrespect to the guy, but I've seen nothing from him that is remotely NFL caliber. This statement would only be accurate for Eli. But again, I'm not a scout.
    I was just stretching could.

5. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Just an FYI, I know it has nothing to do with anything. But since the end of the LA. Tech game we have outscored our opponents 75-23 in the 2nd half of football games.

35-13 vs Texas State
    13-3 vs stAte
    21-0 vs ULM
    6-7 vs Ga State

This means we are giving up an average of less than 6 points per game in the 2nd half. and more than 1/2 of those points were vs Texas State. If we could produce and hold teams in the first 1/2 we would have a much better record. Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We didn't run the read option on Saturday and we scored 16 points on offense. So there's that.
    Good point.

The tweets from Buckley from Hud's presser are just mind numbing. What the ____ happened to him? How did he get to this point of stubbornness? Why can't he see what everyone sees? What in the hell is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Oh ok BB--the coaches are playing somebody that is inferior

-WHY---to get fired, to get the fans ____ed, to get the team ____ed, to show how wrong they can be??? you should know from your experience that it doesn't happen that way!!! This thing would have been hashed out long ago if there wasn't a good reason for his staying at that position!!! Damn the guy accounted for 450 yards in one game BB---Your days are over as mine are--how many knew more than you when you coached and you just laughed because they had no idea---you taint in the meetings---they are and I let them live or die by the Ws and Ls

I have been very pleased with this staff and the entire offensive members that have been here since the get go!!!

Hey Boomeryou have no idea what I knowdon't even try to preach to mehe will probably remain at QB the rest of the season.and will probably be productive at times.he needs a special package out of the wildcat formation if they leave him as a QB

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Are you aware that 4 of Brooks INTs were against Kentucky (2), Akron (1) and Tech (1)? Arguable the 3 toughest defenses we've faced. Boomer is a stat hound that doesn't follow the details. We are no longer facing teams that we are down like a dog and have to throw on every down to conserve clock to make a miracle comeback. Do you understand that? That isn't captured in a stat. Stats are for ignorant ____s that don't understand what they're actually watching.

Boomer's comment "let the coaches coach" is silly. How do we interupt the coach's coaching by stating on a fan forum how boneheaded a coaching decision is? Putting Nixon in and having a failure was not what made the decision dumb. It would have been dumb even if Nixon would have succeeded. You DO NOT pull a QB that is having success. And Haack was succeeding. AGAIN. even the stalled drives had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Brooks.

And no. no coach sticks with a plan that has a flaw staring him directly in his face. No smart coach pulls a QB that is succeeding, that doesn't need "a rest". just to give another QB some playing time. There's more to a decision tree with QBs than just saying you're going to play both. And one of those branches is "are we succeeding and should I make a change?". The decision was STUPID for way more reasons than the Nixon INT. We saw Nixon throw terrible passes in his last outing. And the pass he threw right before he threw the pick was at the feet of the intended receiver. That was a MAJOR coaching mistake. It should have cost Hud a win.

Hud needs to send Lutz a thank you note.
    It's really 3 interceptions, the 2nd one at Kentucky was on a Hail Mary at the end of the game.

Haack does miss some open WRs, IMO that has a lot to do with not getting enough time to grow as a QB under live game action. Haack has way higher upside that Arbuckle and it's not even close. The difference is Arbuckle has a never ending leash and is allowed to play in a system that is failrly wide open.

I am almost 100% certain that Haack physically is the best pure passer in the Sun Belt. This system and our horrendous RG & RT is really hurting us at the moment. If we called plays like we did against Kentucky all year with Haack at the helm with 100% backing we would be 5-3 right now and possibly 6-2.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It's really 3 interceptions, the 2nd one at Kentucky was on a Hail Mary at the end of the game.

Haack does miss some open WRs, IMO that has a lot to do with not getting enough time to grow as a QB under live game action. Haack has way higher upside that Arbuckle and it's not even close. The difference is Arbuckle has a never ending leash and is allowed to play in a system that is failrly wide open.

I am almost 100% certain that Haack physically is the best pure passer in the Sun Belt. This system and our horrendous RG & RT is really hurting us at the moment. If we called plays like we did against Kentucky all year with Haack at the helm with 100% backing we would be 5-3 right now and possibly 6-2.
    There's no doubt Haack hesitates to pull the trigger at times. I completely agree that he's been poorly managed by this coaching staff. I think they've equally lowered both Haack and Nixon from a confidence and competence perspective by this ridiculous flip flopping. As for your opinion of Haack. I'm not sure about all of that. I just know he's the best passing QB (with experience) that we have on this team right now. He needs to be allowed to operate with the right people, in the right positions, running smart plays. all built around his assets right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The tweets from Buckley from Hud's presser are just mind numbing. What the ____ happened to him? How did he get to this point of stubbornness? Why can't he see what everyone sees? What in the hell is going on?
    It's becoming more and more clear that Hud has no idea what the _____ he is talking about. Leave the X's and O's to our coordinators. Just be a face, give some speeches, raise money, and get out of the way!

Maybe your right about Haack having more upside than Arbuckle, but never in this lifetime will his arm be as strong as Arbuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Maybe your right about Haack having more upside than Arbuckle, but never in this lifetime will his arm be as strong as Arbuckles.
    You are kidding right? Arbuckle put everything into a throw and it went 46 yards in the air. Against Kentucky Haack threw one on the money 63 yards in the air. Haack can make every NFL throw right now. Not another QB in the Sun Belt can say that.

You are kidding right? Arbuckle put everything into a throw and it went 46 yards in the air. Against Kentucky Haack threw one on the money 63 yards in the air. Haack can make every NFL throw right now. Not another QB in the Sun Belt can say that.
    You watch the last throw of the game?

Let's at least tap the breaks on the "every NFL throw right now".

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information