Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 'A pretty good direction'

Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Nixon does not run the read option well at all. Chances were few against Georgia State but he had the option. Nixon gives the ball to the RB almost every time.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Nixon gives the ball to the RB almost every time.
    Could be predetermined.

I think Haack holds the ball too long on rollouts. Many times the guys is open and he waits a second or two to deliver the ball. This cuts down on YAC.
    I also think he afraid to throw the ball before a Wr gets wide open.

On the plus side he is a better runner than he gets credit for and he throws a better deepball than most of our recent QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Could be predetermined.
    Could be?

My guess is that 90% of the zone read option plays had no read in them at all. "Looking" like you are running the zone read gives coaches with control issues a nice reason to run the ball up the middle.

Most of the time it is just a plain ole dive play.

6. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    well that's a stretch.
    This should make you both accurate.

Nixon is a RB, and coooooooouuuuuuuld be an NFL RB.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    you asked him what haack has down wrong, he said he throws more INTs than TD's, and you say stop using stats, you're wrong?
    thats why i have a hard time with reading your thoughts, even when you make a good point, i feel its more that you got lucky.
    every coach in america scripts the first couple of series, and VERY few deviate from that plan, no matter how the game starts (im not saying there isnt fault in that, i think there is). its why every coach harps on sticking to the game plan in every press conference. nixon came in, didnt perform, and didnt see the field again.
    Stats? What good are stats unless they support MY argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This should make you both accurate.

Nixon is a RB, and coooooooouuuuuuuld be an NFL RB.
    Yeah sorry.no disrespect to the guy, but I've seen nothing from him that is remotely NFL caliber. This statement would only be accurate for Eli. But again, I'm not a scout.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Nixon is a RB, and could be an NFL RB if developed properly, but for this year, if we still insist on keeping him at QB, then a package for him could be developed for short yardage/goal line situations. A poor man's Tebow.

But, immediately after the Bowl Game, he should be moved to RB or a defensive position. His talent is wasted at QB, and his presence there only limits the growth of Haack and Davis.
    I agree.

Nixon has NFL RB size. Who knows if he could actually be one of those, since he has been at QB for four years now. He would definitely help the team more as the big back, though.

10. Default

you asked him what haack has down wrong, he said he throws more INTs than TD's, and you say stop using stats, you're wrong?
    thats why i have a hard time with reading your thoughts, even when you make a good point, i feel its more that you got lucky.
    every coach in america scripts the first couple of series, and VERY few deviate from that plan, no matter how the game starts (im not saying there isnt fault in that, i think there is). its why every coach harps on sticking to the game plan in every press conference. nixon came in, didnt perform, and didnt see the field again.
    Well once again, I can't read what post Boomer was actually responding to. I didn't realize he was answering the "what has he done poorly" question.

He still gave a stat that is very misleading. Haack has lead more scoring drives, and the "passing" TDs that he states about Nixon are glorified run plays.

Thanks for the jab. Didn't realize how "lucky" of a guy I was

11. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    They're not coaching boomer! They're not!!
    I don't know what the hell they're doing.

Stop using stats for your love of Nixon. Brooks has led more TD drives, plain and damn simple! The offense is better with Brooks at QB. When are the "coaches" gunna figure that one out?!

You're wrong again
    WHOOOOA man---you asked me---you asked me---you asked me to name anything that Haack has done wrong---you said you were waiting---I answer your question and you get ____ed---I will say it again--I will trust the coaches as You nor I have any idea of what went on in the coaches' game plans----Having been there, I think I understand the process more than some---but If Nixon doesn't play another down this year, I will go with it---my liking of Nixon goes to my liking a more mobile QB that can run the Zone READ--btw why do you think they call it zone"READ"??? Why does everybody but a few schools run it??? and finally have you played or coached??

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    WHOOOOA man---you asked me---you asked me---you asked me to name anything that Haack has done wrong---you said you were waiting---I answer your question and you get ____ed---I will say it again--I will trust the coaches as You nor I have any idea of what went on in the coaches' game plans

Having been there, I think I understand the process more than some---but If Nixon doesn't play another down this year, I will go with it---my liking of Nixon goes to my liking a more mobile QB that can run the Zone READ--btw why do you think they call it zone"READ"??? Why does everybody but a few schools run it??? and finally have you played or coached??

I havehe ain't a QBand The Coaches know it

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    WHOOOOA man---you asked me---you asked me---you asked me to name anything that Haack has done wrong---you said you were waiting---I answer your question and you get ____ed---I will say it again--I will trust the coaches as You nor I have any idea of what went on in the coaches' game plans

Having been there, I think I understand the process more than some---but If Nixon doesn't play another down this year, I will go with it---my liking of Nixon goes to my liking a more mobile QB that can run the Zone READ--btw why do you think they call it zone"READ"??? Why does everybody but a few schools run it??? and finally have you played or coached??

Played, not coached. And like I said to DMS after he took a shot at me, I can't read what posts you're responding to in particular on the mobile version of RP. So my bad on that. My point still stands though.

Btw, at the presser, Hud was asked about Eli averaging less than 3 yards a carry. His answer?? "That tells me we need to run Nixon more".

Are you kidding me? That's just stupid.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Are you aware that 4 of Brooks INTs were against Kentucky (2), Akron (1) and Tech (1)? Arguable the 3 toughest defenses we've faced. Boomer is a stat hound that doesn't follow the details. We are no longer facing teams that we are down like a dog and have to throw on every down to conserve clock to make a miracle comeback. Do you understand that? That isn't captured in a stat. Stats are for ignorant ____s that don't understand what they're actually watching.

Boomer's comment "let the coaches coach" is silly. How do we interupt the coach's coaching by stating on a fan forum how boneheaded a coaching decision is? Putting Nixon in and having a failure was not what made the decision dumb. It would have been dumb even if Nixon would have succeeded. You DO NOT pull a QB that is having success. And Haack was succeeding. AGAIN. even the stalled drives had NOTHING whatsoever to do with Brooks.

And no. no coach sticks with a plan that has a flaw staring him directly in his face. No smart coach pulls a QB that is succeeding, that doesn't need "a rest". just to give another QB some playing time. There's more to a decision tree with QBs than just saying you're going to play both. And one of those branches is "are we succeeding and should I make a change?". The decision was STUPID for way more reasons than the Nixon INT. We saw Nixon throw terrible passes in his last outing. And the pass he threw right before he threw the pick was at the feet of the intended receiver. That was a MAJOR coaching mistake. It should have cost Hud a win.

Hud needs to send Lutz a thank you note.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Btw, at the presser, Hud was asked about Eli averaging less than 3 yards a carry. His answer?? "That tells me we need to run Nixon more"

.maybe he meant as a RB? I hope.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information