Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    How many points would we have scored had Hud not ____ed the dog and put Nixon in? We had the game in hand.and then we throw a very avoidable interception. When one tries to make a point, observing all variables is an astute way to avoid making a moot point.
    You tell me how any points we would have had. It was one possession out of how many?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

I think/hope that with the replays and freezing of the picture that more and more are coming aware of just what the zone read is all about ---mentioned this on here in the past---It is the thing that has been considered the best offense around---with a QB that is a good/great runner it magnifies its effectiveness

-This is why Nixon has always been in the QB race and still is

But please don't be stupid enough to think that Hud is playing favorites or hasn't given Haack a chance that he has done poorly in performing and very effective at times!!! Like wise Nixon has been named the state player of the week for one of the best efforts in the history of the school and has on occasions not looked good---Let the damn thing play out and I trust this coach that has transformed UL football!!!

Yeah why would anyone think that? After Hud said publicly he treated Haack unfairly. I mean where would people get such an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    You tell me how any points we would have had. It was one possession out of how many?
    If we just get a FG and they don't get a TD. That's a 10 point swing. We won by 2 and they had the ball at the end, how many extra possessions you trying to give that offense?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    The only time in the GSU game that I felt Nixon should be in was on those 4th and short yard plays.
    That's what's odd. Hud obviously had the full intention of both QBs having entire series. He never planned for Nixon coming in for short yardage. At this point, swapping two distinctly different styles in and out on series is just ignorant. It would be one thing if Haack was clearly not getting it done. The only time Haack didn't "get it done" was when the offense sputtered with poor play decisions.

Hud and Jay need to seriously stop looking at the QB position. It's over with. Haack is it. Their opportunities are with some role changes in a couple of other skill players, and some better play calling. What a stupid distraction Hud has made of the QB situation. It's really gotten silly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    If we just get a FG and they don't get a TD. That's a 10 point swing
    I get that. My point is that you guys are acting like we'd have continued to score touchdowns on every possession had we not inserted Nixon. We gained 307 yds on offense, and while much progress was negated by penalties, we had plenty of problems on O that had nothing to do with Nixon being inserted into the game.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'd even be a fan of seeing Nixon come in for some zone read when we get inside the 25. That seems to be where we have lots of stalled drives lately.
    We stall not because of Haack. We stall because we go brain dead on play calling. We only need Nixon in at QB for short yardage right now. Red zone still requires a passing attack. We were actually lucky that GASt wasn't coached very well this weekend. They tried running the ball in the red zone like idiots. When you get into the red zone, you are in an even greater area of congestion. Play action is a much better option. Haack did some pretty good play action passing yesterday. Again, poor play calling in the red zone was our (and GASt's) mistake. In neither case was it the QB's fault.

I get that. My point is that you guys are acting like we'd have continued to score touchdowns on every possession had we not inserted Nixon. We gained 307 yds on offense, and while much progress was negated by penalties, we had plenty of problems on O that had nothing to do with Nixon being inserted into the game.
    And 98% of those problems would not be solved by Nixon. They're coaching deficiencies. not QB deficiencies. Go back and look at the game replay. Do you think handing the ball off to Eli on 3rd and 6 up the middle has a damn thing to do with Haack or Nixon at QB? Our coaches are the buzz killers. not the QBs. But clearly, with Haack finding some success. we need to stick with one QB. The team does not deserve to have to deal with two distinctly different QBs. It's gotten stupid at this point.

I don't have the answers I'm like everyone else an arm chair coach. I will continue to my blood pressure medicine drink some beer, wine and anything else I choose ( not together) and enjoy the moment while I can. Ever time I get upset I just think back the homecoming game against Western Kentucky awe the bad ole days.

But in a game where you only won by 2 and the other team had the ball to end.a INT that turns into 7 is a pretty big deal. We were cruising at that point and instantly turned it into a dog fight. It energized them. If we go down and score or at least drive and punt, they don't get energized. If you are gonna put Nixon in run the damn zone read until you get the safeties up to the line then take your shot. No, we take a down field shot with Nixon not running the ball once.genius.

10. Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

For ppl complaining about the offensive production, I have a few comments:

What did Haack do poorly?

How many times did Eli touch the football outside of the tackle box?

Do you not see that prior to the Nixon insertion, we dominated TOP and the game

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Momentum is bull****. If momentum really exists, why does it ever change hands?

THEY HAD ALL THE MOMENTUM! And then, well. they didn't.

Momentum is stupid.
    Did you play sports? Any sport will suffice

You cannot be this naive. The ebb and flow of a game can swing in either direction on a turnover. It was one possession that changed the flow of the entire game. The possibilities are endless.but that doesn't fit the narrative now does it?

13. Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Yeah why would anyone think that? After Hud said publicly he treated Haack unfairly. I mean where would people get such an idea?
    ----Well possibly because after this game he said that maybe he should have played Nixon more---When he says this, it is more of strategy speaking than personalities!!! When you game plan offensively there are so many variables to consider and one is the time taken by the opponent to prepare/practice for your entire arsenal----play Def Coordinator for a second and think of UL preparation and what sets and tendencies they have to get ready for ---I assure you that the Haack/Nixon duo present some problems that they have to solve----In fact Haack said it best in that he could maybe run better than others thought and Nixon could pass better than others thought!! I really don't think that some on here understand the voluminous work involved in preparation and how could you if you have never done it??? Well Geaux Cajuns!!!

Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----Well possibly because after this game he said that maybe he should have played Nixon more---When he says this, it is more of strategy speaking than personalities!!! When you game plan offensively there are so many variables to consider and one is the time taken by the opponent to prepare/practice for your entire arsenal----play Def Coordinator for a second and think of UL preparation and what sets and tendencies they have to get ready for ---I assure you that the Haack/Nixon duo present some problems that they have to solve----In fact Haack said it best in that he could maybe run better than others thought and Nixon could pass better than others thought!! I really don't think that some on here understand the voluminous work involved in preparation and how could you if you have never done it??? Well Geaux Cajuns!!!
    It wasn't strategy.it was sour grapes.

Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

WOW, if your team is one-dimensional, run the same "up the middle with the RB" play and the D stacks the box and you do not adjust, you lose?????

Sounds familiar for some reason.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information