Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 'A pretty good direction'

Default Re: 'A pretty good direction'

Hard head. Put Jalen as a running back.Is it that difficult? He may be better than Zo.

2. Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    I also wish we would open up the offense. I think we are extremely boring to watch. I just lean towards the "coaches know something we don't" vs "they are complete idiots".
    ----I think/hope that with the replays and freezing of the picture that more and more are coming aware of just what the zone read is all about ---mentioned this on here in the past---It is the thing that has been considered the best offense around---with a QB that is a good/great runner it magnifies its effectiveness-----This is why Nixon has always been in the QB race and still is----But please don't be stupid enough to think that Hud is playing favorites or hasn't given Haack a chance that he has done poorly in performing and very effective at times!!! Like wise Nixon has been named the state player of the week for one of the best efforts in the history of the school and has on occasions not looked good---Let the damn thing play out and I trust this coach that has transformed UL football!!!

I can't imagine a coach being so committed to the read option that he'd sacrifice his coaching career over it.

This team will never get to an access bowl running the read option.

If that's not our goal, then by all means, run the read option and go 8-4(ish).

But then, why'd we build that palace to train in?

I'm not a coach. I could be very wrong. Except I'm not. LOL

Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Momentum is bull****. If momentum really exists, why does it ever change hands?

THEY HAD ALL THE MOMENTUM! And then, well. they didn't.

Momentum is stupid.

5. Default Re: LSUA&M@BR vs Bama

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Momentum is bull****. If momentum really exists, why does it ever change hands?

THEY HAD ALL THE MOMENTUM! And then, well. they didn't.

Momentum is stupid.
    Nice! I like.

I'm thinking they gave us the wrong definition of the word.

I mean momentum screams 'temporary' it starts with "moment" and ends with "um" as in "um, what happened to my moment?"

I can't imagine a coach being so committed to the read option that he'd sacrifice his coaching career over it.

This team will never be better than a Sun Belt team running the read-option. You gotta throw well, to compete with other conferences.

That's why, as frustrated as I've been this season with the offense and play calling, I keep wondering if we really just don't have the talent on offense we need other than Eli, Pearce and Robinson when he decides to really play hard.

Something's not clicking, and HUD knows he was a hot name just two years ago. He was talked about as a coach to soon get a P5 job. No way he is so comfortable here that he does not want a shot at such a gig.

If he is, then it may be time for us to find a new, young hungry guy. As much as I'd love to say our program is a destination job, it is not. It's a stepping stone, and hopefully eventually one that attracts good people like Arkansas State has done for years now, and then could move up to the likes of UofH/East Carolina/Marshall type football program.

HUD has to believe he can do better, but he's trying to figure out what to adjust and how to get the proper pieces to adjust successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    After the game, Hudspeth said the team didn’t utilize Nixon’s strengths well enough.

“We probably didn’t give Jalen enough opportunities to run the read option,” Hudspeth said. “That’s what he does the best.”
    Bad habits.die hard.

We didn't run the read option on Saturday and we scored 16 points on offense. So there's that.

I'd even be a fan of seeing Nixon come in for some zone read when we get inside the 25. That seems to be where we have lots of stalled drives lately.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    We didn't run the read option on Saturday and we scored 16 points on offense. So there's that.
    How many points would we have scored had Hud not ____ed the dog and put Nixon in? We had the game in hand.and then we throw a very avoidable interception. When one tries to make a point, observing all variables is an astute way to avoid making a moot point.

The only time in the GSU game that I felt Nixon should be in was on those 4th and short yard plays.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Because we run deep vertical routes when we get in the redzone. Try throwing to the TE or across the middle. All of nixons scores have been long runs as well. We never methodically score no matter who is the qb. Haack has more redzone TD runs than Nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Because we run deep vertical routes when we get in the redzone. Try throwing to the TE or across the middle. All of nixons scores have been long runs as well. We never methodically score no matter who is the qb. Haack has more redzone TD runs than Nixon.
    If we could use the middle of the field.we would be dangerous.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Bad habits.die hard.
    I don't see them dying. Hud has a very hard head.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information