Thread: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

1. Ragin' Cajuns Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

Freshman goalkeeper Cosette Morche recorded six saves, becoming just the third keeper in Cajuns history to reach the 100-save plateau in a single season in a 7-1 loss against No. 1 seeded South Alabama Wednesday afternoon._

Default Re: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

100 saves in a season isn't necessarily a good thing in futbol. Means the ball is getting past 10 other players.a lot.

3. UL Soccer Re: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

Not to mention the plain old misses by the opposition.

If I counted right we played 20 games including the loss to South. That would be about five a game, unless it was a 100 for conference games only.

Unfortunately a forgotten sport Seems the University is happy just to use it as a Title IX bar keeper. We could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Unfortunately a forgotten sport Seems the University is happy just to use it as a Title IX bar keeper. We could do better.
    Thank you. I wish we had a men's team. I truly think e could put forth a decent crowd

6. Default Re: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    100 saves in a season isn't necessarily a good thing in futbol. Means the ball is getting past 10 other players.a lot.
    Kind of like Charles Tillman getting 100 tackles as a senior in a 3 win season.

UL should expect to be competitive in the sunbelt conference. Soccer & volleyball need to improve. "big time."

8. Sunbelt Re: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    UL should expect to be competitive in the sunbelt conference. Soccer & volleyball need to improve. "big time."
    As much as I would like it, it's not important at all. We have limited resources and these coaches have been around for a while, and will continue to be.

What has to be good at UL in no particular order of importance after the first five:
    A: Football
    B: Mens Basketball
    C: Baseball
    D: Softball
    E: Women basketball
    F: Track and Field In all it's forms
    G: Tennis
    H: Soccer
    I: Volleyball
    G: Golf

she got to 100 saves, which i have no idea if that is good or not, but what about the 7 in the game she didnt save?

i know that isnt good. are we that bad this year in women's soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by dms4720 View Post
    she got to 100 saves, which i have no idea if that is good or not, but what about the 7 in the game she didnt save?

i know that isnt good. are we that bad this year in women's soccer?
    We are around the same place we have been for a long time. Mediocre at best. In fifteen years we have had three winning seasons. In all three winning seasons we were only one game above .500. Last year was the most successful season in program history, finishing 9-8-2 and 4-4-1 in conference.

Historically the team has been one of the best academic performers on campus which is awesome. However we should be capable of competing better in the SBC than what we have managed to date.

11. Default Re: Eliminated from SBC Tourney by South Alabama

I saw this yesterday. Disappointed for our kids. If I remember correctly, there was some excitement and expectation coming into this season for the team, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Thank you. I wish we had a men's team. I truly think e could put forth a decent crowd
    I would go for sure. Never played a game in my life but love to watch it.

Thread Information