Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth: Both Haack, Nixon will play at Georgia State

1. UL Football Hudspeth: Both Haack, Nixon will play at Georgia State

UL coach Mark Hudspeth said both of his quarterbacks with play Saturday at Georgia State, but he's not saying how much

Default Re: Hudspeth: Both Haack, Nixon will play at Georgia State

This I can live with as long as he sticks to playing the hot hand more. All I want is to win, win , win no matter what.

I really hope Davis or Ray step up next year and take over this position.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    I really hope Davis or Ray step up next year and take over this position.
    That's what I was thinking and bet the idea has crossed Hud's mind as well. Nixon and Haack each bring their strengths to the game, but obviously so far neither has stepped up and taken over the position.

Perhaps some will claim that the problems all trace back to a failure on the part of the coaches. I'm thinking though that the problem may be that we have two guys who just aren't that good relative to the competition. Hope I'm proven wrong before the season's over.

Playing both with no rhyme or reason or playing whoever has a "hot hand" is a recipe for disaster.

We will be lucky to win 6 games with Nixon at Qb.. everyone will stack the box with 8 or 9 men cause Nixon cant throw past 5 yards

So that whole treating QB's bad by pulling them too soon thing seems to be dead in the water, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    So that whole treating QB's bad by pulling them too soon thing seems to be dead in the water, huh?
    Your guess is as good as mine Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine Hawk.
    Ya know I don't want to say with 100% certainty that Hud is grasping at straws...but his words are pretty much what I would expect from someone who is looking for anything that sticks.

Give Haack the game and set up 15-25 scripted plays for Nixon in a NASCAR no huddle hurry up offense. Mix in the passes that he excels at and we could really do some serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    That's what I was thinking and bet the idea has crossed Hud's mind as well. Nixon and Haack each bring their strengths to the game, but obviously so far neither has stepped up and taken over the position.

Perhaps some will claim that the problems all trace back to a failure on the part of the coaches. I'm thinking though that the problem may be that we have two guys who just aren't that good relative to the competition. Hope I'm proven wrong before the season's over.
    Bingo. At this point in their career if they were that good, there would be no QB controversy.

Bingo. At this point in their career if they were that good, there would be no QB controversy.
    Not necessarily. This mess is on HUD. Instead of being stubborn and trying to mold 2 QB's into what fits the system, we should be molding the system into what works for our best QB!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Not necessarily. This mess is on HUD. Instead of being stubborn and trying to mold 2 QB's into what fits the system, we should be molding the system into what works for our best QB!
    What kind of system would you be running?

What kind of system would you be running?
    That's inconsequential. We aren't coaches with 7 figures in our yearly salary, now are we?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We will be lucky to win 6 games with Nixon at Qb.. everyone will stack the box with 8 or 9 men cause Nixon cant throw past 5 yards
    How soon we forget Texas State game and who was better at Kentucky. I'm not saying he should be the man but just tired of people dogging the kid Haack is no world beater either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information