Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

1. Default Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

Halfway through the season, UL coach Mark Hudspeth needs his Cajuns to cure their turnover ills just like last year

Default Re: Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

The number one reason we sit at 2 and 5 is turnovers? I'm not an expert, but I would have bet big bucks that our poor play in just about every area had more to do with it than just turnovers. Have to admit, this left me confused.

3. Default Re: Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    The number one reason we sit at 2 and 5 is turnovers? I'm not an expert, but I would have bet big bucks that our poor play in just about every area had more to do with it than just turnovers. Have to admit, this left me confused.
    I would say a win against Kentucky and the season would have a whole different flavor with perhaps only one loss.

A couple extra turnovers vs Kentucky and Louisiana probably wins.

Damn. We lost another game? Oh and our RB's get their first fumble Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I would say a win against Kentucky and the season would have a whole different flavor with perhaps only one loss.

Or just pure fundamentals

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Yes coach, it is about dynamic offenses and defenses. That's what leads to turnovers. A speech doesn't get it done. Good luck.

Fumbles come from poor technique on the ball carrier, poor weather and hard hits/stripping from the defense. Too much focus on the stripping/hitting leads to poor tackling. Focusing on "producing fumbles" is a fool's errand. Make the dang tackle.

Interceptions come from poor QB play, pressure on the QB, and a ball hawking secondary. It's pretty hard to have a ball hawking secondary with new schemes and new players, especially when you're getting no pressure up front.

You can not manufacture turnovers at will.

This guy looks stoned, but shows how Tillman forced 4 fumbles in a game.

And if a frog had wings.

10. Default Re: Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    And if a frog had wings.
    He wouldn't fumble his crickets?

He wouldn't fumble his crickets?
    That frog is 6'5" 225 and can run the 40 in 4.45, a sold mid to second round Lillipad pick, could see him sliding into the 3rd if people question his off-the-swamp activites. Word out of the combine is that he has been working with a jugs machine to sure up his hands. Look for the Giants to be a taker on this frog.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Well, at least we didn't say "we need to win the turnover battle". Now it's the ugly little brother called "turnover makeover". What exactly did our coaches not coach prior that they're coaching this week to make a turnover "makeover" occur. I sure hope it wasn't just a "guys, we need more turnovers" speech.

This. I will grant that turnovers can help, but we aren't even close to playing fundamental football. Horse then cart.

Parenthetically, to get turnovers, one must first be in close proximity to the football.

14. Default Re: Cajun turnaround hinges on turnover makeover

Quote Originally Posted by Lexhead View Post
    This. I will grant that turnovers can help, but we aren't even close to playing fundamental football. Horse then cart.

Parenthetically, to get turnovers, one must first be in close proximity to the football.
    ---I am not sure but I think that a Zone would have more pics than man---Got more people usually for tips and can read the throw---but who stayed up for Arizona and Oregon---repeat of the Super Bowl!!!

The closest thing a defense can do schemewise to create turnovers is the zone blitz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information