Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

1. UL Football After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

UL coach Mark Hudspeth was upset with the way his team closed the last 45 minutes of practice Tuesday, so he extended practice until the team finished on a strong note. Wednesday's practice finished right on time, though. "Good day.

The rest of the story
    THE Advocate

Default Re: After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

Just what we don't need to hear. Just confirms the casual fans' visual observations.

If the team needs to get fired up, let them come over to RP and read some threads.(minus the tangents)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Just what we don't need to hear. Just confirms the casual fans' visual observations.
    Whatthat they had a really good day of practice yesterday?

Probably time to stop hanging on to every single word Hud says.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    Probably time to stop hanging on to every single word Hud says.
    Actually, ppl should be paying attention more closely to what he says and read between the lines. A few days ago, he admitted to botching the QB situation (which many here have been saying since camp was the case) and now, for the second time this year during a game week, the team is off in la la land. Our star players are not going to class for goodness sake! They're telling you something fellas And I believe it's what we've been saying here all along - locker room problems. Attitude reflects leadership, and if you're reading between the lines, there's a lot of selfishness coming from Hudspeth. Not a wonder that the team is playing "me" football rather than "team" football.

I'm sorry, it's just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Actually, ppl should be paying attention more closely to what he says and read between the lines. A few days ago, he admitted to botching the QB situation (which many here have been saying since camp was the case) and now, for the second time this year during a game week, the team is off in la la land. Our star players are not going to class for goodness sake! They're telling you something fellas And I believe it's what we've been saying here all along - locker room problems. Attitude reflects leadership, and if you're reading between the lines, there's a lot of selfishness coming from Hudspeth. Not a wonder that the team is playing "me" football rather than "team" football.

Don't forget.people here patted Hud on the back for botching the QB situation.

Is anyone surprised to hear this? If I was running an offense that I knew was crap, would I be motivatedNo.

"Players' Coach"

10. Default Re: After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

Let me also say this: I've been critical of Jay Johnson. It was very carefully pointed out to me yesterday why this has nothing to do with Jay, and after further review, I believe that to be the case.

Having said that, citing what Hudspeth said early on (that JJ would be responsible for picking the QB), I would lay down an ultimatum. If I'm Jay, I'm sayin "look man, you've set me up for failure, you stepped over my decision with Haack, and now you're calling plays for stretches of games. Either let me do my job, or I'm walking If we continue down this road , we all know what will happen after the season is over." Which would be, Jay gets canned and Hud takes no blame for micro managing

Let me also say this: I've been critical of Jay Johnson. It was very carefully pointed out to me yesterday why this has nothing to do with Jay, and after further review, I believe that to be the case.

Having said that, citing what Hudspeth said early on (that JJ would be responsible for picking the QB), I would lay down an ultimatum. If I'm Jay, I'm sayin "look man, you've set me up for failure, you stepped over my decision with Haack, and now you're calling plays for stretches of games. Either let me do my job, or I'm walking If we continue down this road , we all know what will happen after the season is over." Which would be, Jay gets canned and Hud takes no blame for micro managing
    He has already done it twice with defensive coordinators.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Exactly! He finally hired a veteran defensive coordinator that will not allow Hud to micro-manage so Hud now feels like he has to focus on f-N up the offense!

Hud needs to stick to working on "his" special teams which is horrible just like it has been since Sergeant graduated.

Do you know if this is true???

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Do you know if this is true???
    Everything I post here is either my opinion or facts. I don't make up things. I also have a strong record of being right. Check the archives bruh.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information