Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

Default Re: After lackluster practice, Cajuns get 'back on track'

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He was the reason we needed 400 yards to not get our teeth kicked in. Where was I endorsing these receivers? My bad if I was under the assumption that a NFL prospect could actually catch. This WR corps will look very pedestrian if all they run is go routes while we slam our running back up the gut all game. We don't use the middle of the field, we don't use the TE, we have no creativity. Stop McGuire and don't get beat over the top and watch out for the reverse or end around. That's it. Fusilier would put up monster numbers at a place lot tech, he is a replica of Taylor. Right now all we have is deep routes that the WR have to come back and get. Sad that we have come to celebrate yardage in a loss. When the game really mattered, Nixon was 3-25 with a pick 6. I hope more than anyone that Nixon turns it around because watching a 18 game work in progress for the next year and a half won't be very fun. You either a QB or you aren't, most have figured that out by 22 years old.
    Fuselier is absolutely being wasted right now.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I have not found that Haack has made any more or better reads than Nixon. He seems fixated on his primary receiver as much, or more, as Nixon thus far. The bottom line is that with our limited receiving corp, we need an extra dimension as a QB that can move the chains and create points. Its certainly not all on Haack as our line and our receivers have been suspect and I think he could thrive in certain systems. The problem is that people think we have the personnel to run those systems and I don't think that's true.
    What makes "personnel"? God given talent? Coaching and some talen? We recruited talentless personnel in year 5 under Hud, given 4 prior years of the highest success in program history? Why is everyone so easy to call this a "rebuilding year"? What exactly created a paramount of talent last year that had nothing behind it? Climate change? Did our coaches take off a year in recruiting? If last year was a pinnacle of talent, why did it mirror the prior 3 almost to a fault? I certainly see some failures on the field.

Perhaps preparing the year with indecision between two very different QBs warrants some coaching scrutiny. We aren't running a different "system" when one QB is in versus the other. We just aren't well coached around much of an offense, outside of expecting a couple of athletes to rise above "the system".

Basinbear's suggestions of how we should be using the skilled athletes we have is about as close to an intelligent use of talent this year that I've heard. But it would have to include some play calling that doesn't suck. One thing you got correct is that Haack stares down his primary receiver. That tells me we have a weak QB coach more than anything. Oh well. we're going to revert to Hud's comfort zone. We all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    What makes "personnel"? God given talent? Coaching and some talen? We recruited talentless personnel in year 5 under Hud, given 4 prior years of the highest success in program history? Why is everyone so easy to call this a "rebuilding year"? What exactly created a paramount of talent last year that had nothing behind it? Climate change? Did our coaches take off a year in recruiting? If last year was a pinnacle of talent, why did it mirror the prior 3 almost to a fault? I certainly see some failures on the field.

Perhaps preparing the year with indecision between two very different QBs warrants some coaching scrutiny. We aren't running a different "system" when one QB is in versus the other. We just aren't well coached around much of an offense, outside of expecting a couple of athletes to rise above "the system".

Basinbear's suggestions of how we should be using the skilled athletes we have is about as close to an intelligent use of talent this year that I've heard. But it would have to include some play calling that doesn't suck. One thing you got correct is that Haack stares down his primary receiver. That tells me we have a weak QB coach more than anything. Oh well. we're going to revert to Hud's comfort zone. We all know that.
    And that comfort zone means one thing.Hud get's paid. We used to think we had to total package at head coach, a fire and brimstone type guy who could recruit and get it done with x's and o's. Now we are starting to see we only got the fire and brimstone, none of the other stuff.

If they both stare down their receiver, id rather the one that can hit the handle on a barn door than one who can't find the barn.

If they both stare down their receiver, id rather the one that can hit the handle on a barn door than one who can't find the barn.
    Actually.you would want the one who can't.if he isn't accurate.there is a good chance he will miss the cornerback too. This makes me die a little inside.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I agree, but the one that can't hit the broad side of the barn can run a lot better. Hud has picked his poison. He prefers death by running up the gut. If it ends up working against ULM. he was right all along. Right?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He didn't say he botched the QB decision. He said he might have pulled Brooks too soon but he's sticking with his decision that Nixon is the guy to lead this team. Had he botched it, he would have gone back to Haack immediately and given him his full endorsement. Some of those "people" you speak of have had a pro Haack agenda from day 1 and have even made claims comparing him to Delhomme which is not fair to Haack nor should that even be considered do to his very small sample size as a starter in his career thus far.
    Some of those "people" compared him the Jake in impact and effectiveness only. No one said he was the second coming of Jake.

OF COURSE Hud didn't actually come out and say "I botched the QB situation" specifically. Be an adult for a minute and connect the dots. They absolutely ruined Brooks (mentally and gameplan wise) by the way camp went, all the way up until he was yanked unceremoniously. He said what we have all been thinking, including many here that can't chime in because of their position within the program.

The situation was botched, period. If you can't see that, i don't know what to say

9. Default

I agree, but the one that can't hit the broad side of the barn can run a lot better. Hud has picked his poison. He prefers death by running up the gut. If it ends up working against ULM. he was right all along. Right?
    Cringeworthy

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Everything I post here is either my opinion or facts. I don't make up things. I also have a strong record of being right. Check the archives bruh.
    Quit talking like that, bruh. Equating opinion, gossip and innuendo with facts, bruh. You're wrong for that, bruh. Boomer can put that on his list.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    Quit talking like that, bruh. Equating opinion, gossip and innuendo with facts, bruh. You're wrong for that, bruh. Boomer can put that on his list.
    Cool it Nimrod You don't want this trouble

RiverRanchMan.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cool it Nimrod You don't want this trouble
    You and your cronies should take your antics to tigerdroppings you are more like minded than you appreciate. So really you're a fan page thug? Dishes it but can't take it.

You and your cronies should take your antics to tigerdroppings you are more like minded than you appreciate. So really you're a fan page thug? Dishes it but can't take it.
    You need to re-read TD. This group of "cronies" doesn't resemble that ball of crap one bit. MAT isn't mixing up facts and opinion. He said that he hasn't been wrong with facts OR opinion. You and Boomer carry your lazy asses back to his posts and prove him wrong.

PS Thanks for writing like a normal human being. That prior style sucked.

15. Default

CReb is that you?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information