Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Major in Beer

Default Re: Major in Beer

That is interesting. I would have minored in that if UL would have offered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    Just another reason why their nickname is Happy Appy

Nothing to laugh at in industry. Had a job offer at Anheuser-Busch as a food research chemist 10 years back, but pharmaceutical companies paid more. Probably closely resembles a chemistry degree with emphasis on food science and fermentation applications. I too would have loved it, as a part-time craft beer maker myself.

The craft beer/brewing business in NC is huge. Many micro brewers have moved to the Asheville, Boone, Charlotte areas in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The craft beer/brewing business in NC is huge. Many micro brewers have moved to the Asheville, Boone, Charlotte areas in the last few years.
    Greensboro has more micro brews than the whole state of LA

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Home brewing has been going on for decades there. The real hard stuff though has a side effect of wanting to drive fast and constantly turn left.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Home brewing has been going on for decades there. The real hard stuff though has a side effect of wanting to drive fast and constantly turn left.
    I have quite a few Independent Study hours. Wonder if they would give me a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I have quite a few Independent Study hours. Wonder if they would give me a degree?
    Yep, spent a lot of time in the lab AKA "The Strip" myself. I love explaining to the younger people how it was back in the 60's and 70's. That deer in the headlight look when I bring Friday Specials, streets blocked off for drinking and such. They THINK they know how to party today.

Yep, spent a lot of time in the lab AKA "The Strip" myself. I love explaining to the younger people how it was back in the 60's and 70's. That deer in the headlight look when I bring Friday Specials, streets blocked off for drinking and such. They THINK they know how to party today.
    My old boss in Jennings said when he went to USL there used to be a beer truck that would show up on campus in the afternoon. Confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    My old boss in Jennings said when he went to USL there used to be a beer truck that would show up on campus in the afternoon. Confirmed?

On the strip, Fridays, probably, though I'm not 100% sure. Campus proper, no. Don't remember direct sales off a truck.

I don't think its just beer.probably got some shine going on also!

I really liked the guy that sold burgers by the strip late night

Or crashing at home and calling "Pit Stop Pizza". Drivers usually showed up with road map eyes.

Lord, have take the 5th.

15. Default Re: Major in Beer

On the strip, Fridays, probably, though I'm not 100% sure. Campus proper, no. Don't remember direct sales off a truck.
    ----Remember a pep rally at the KEG when Augie was here--he spoke from the top of the beer truck if I remember correctly---loves to tell the UL stories to friends---Rick and Rick could probably tell us!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information