Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (27) vs A-State (37)

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (27) vs A-State (37)

I did not listen last nightbut then I did not have to .

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    The point is that when Haack would have been as unsuccessful in the passing game, those would have been 3 and outs or worse. He wouldn't add that dimension to the offense, even if the passing game is struggling. The passing game has struggled all season, regardless of who is at QB. As I mentioned before, a lot of this falls on play calling and the common denominator is the receiving corp, its not just on the QB. We are going to have to be willing to concede that the passing game is not going to be a strength at all this year and we will need to do other things to make up for it. Haack doesn't do those things.
    Yeah because Haack's pedestrian 5.7 yards per carry is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    Good debate here.

If you listened to Hud's show last night, then you know about the quarterback "controversy."
    It's not really a controversy. We have a QB who rides the bench and a RB who is our starting QB. It's pretty easy to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It's not really a controversy. We have a QB who rides the bench and a RB who is our starting QB. It's pretty easy to see.
    Well, you saw I put that word in quotes, right :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All his starts were billed as tentative (and it could be claimed) with an offense designed to make him fail, so "his to lose" doesn't carry the traditional meaning.
    It sure seems that Hud recruited Haack with the idea that the offense was going in the direction of what Boise has had for the last decade or so.

But, for some reason he decided to change horses mid stream to a project QB and an ultra-conservative power game.

Why would you recruit Haack so hard in the first place if you didn't plan on throwing the ball, a lot.

6. Default Re: Final: Louisiana (27) vs A-State (37)

Aaron Brooks vs Jake Delhomme Deux

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That isn't what happened. Hud chose Haack as the starter despite his major preference to go with a prototypical dual threat QB. Everyone knows, including Hud, that Haack is a better passer. Hud doesn't want to resolve that his offense sucks. Why would he? He's seen it work with good to real good athletic QBs. He knew this wasn't a year that he had a bruiser RB that could do Hud's first love. pound it up the middle, wear down the opponent, and ride out a small margin of safe victory into the 4th quarter. He also knew that Eli is a great review, Jamal supposedly was a great receiver, and with Fuse, Scott and Haynes he'd have some options.

The issue I agree with Hud is that we aren't good enough to operate a balanced attack. I didn't realize it until we played Tech. I accepted, only lightly, that Akron was a "distraction game". But Tech proved our OL isn't good (a fact Hud's won't admit), and that Haack isn't good under duress.

I have no issue at this point with Haack or Nixon starting, playing, whatever. We aren't good. This staff has shown us one of their limitations. When you don't have better athletes, they don't know what to do. They require superior personnel, a superstar or two, to compensate for their lack of teaching and imagination.

Now comes SBC play. where we barely win out with better athletes. Oops, not this year (more than likely). Could we? Should we with this talent? Yes. It isn't who starts at QB. I know what I'd do if my staff had prepared an OL and receiver corps, and my OC wasn't lame. I'd have Haack distributing the ball. But now, it doesn't matter. We can use either QB just as ineffectively. Our staff stinks without superior athletes. No big deal. They're our staff. We just have to know. with Hud you need to recruit through the roof, or we cannot beat good teams.
    Excellent post J1M and one of the very few I have seen even mention how terrible our O-Line has been.

Fact: Arkansas State crushes the Sunbelt, closest win was at Lafayette by 10.

Fact: Arkansas State averages 48 points per game against the Sunbelt.

Fact: Arkansas State did all of this with a QB that had only 140 passing yards per game.

Fact: C-USA fourth place team, Louisiana Tech, just demolished the great and powerful Sunbelt Champion. (And, it really wasn't even that close.)

Fact: Louisiana Tech sets NOB record with 687 yards, in its first appearance.

Fact: ASU has beaten the Mighty Chili Peppers, 37-27, 55-40, 23-7, over the last three years.

Fact: The university name is University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Period.
    Please please please stop embarrassing the entire state by trying to be something you're
    not. You embarrass the entire state when you get the crap beat out of you while you
    pretend that the entire state is behind you and that you have the best athletes in Louisiana
    playing for you.

Fact: You represent Acadiana, and ONLY Acadiana. Embrace that. It is a GREAT culture and
    region to be associated with. But, you are NOT the representative of ALL of Louisiana.
    Heck, you disparage the northern part of the state every chance you get. Kinda like the
    lsu and N.O. jerks do.

Fact: Separation.

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post

Fact: Arkansas State did all of this with a QB that had only 140 passing yards per game.

Fact: C-USA fourth place team, Louisiana Tech, just demolished the great and powerful Sunbelt Champion. (And, it really wasn't even that close.)

Fact: ASU has beaten the Mighty Chili Peppers, 37-27, 55-40, 23-7, over the last three years.

Fact: The university name is University of Louisiana . at Lafayette. Period.
    Please please please stop embarrassing the entire state by trying to be something you're
    not. You embarrass the entire state when you get the crap beat out of you while you
    pretend that the entire state is behind you and that you have the best athletes in Louisiana
    playing for you.

Fact: You represent Acadiana, and ONLY Acadiana. Embrace that. It is a GREAT culture and
    region to be associated with. But, you are NOT the representative of ALL of Louisiana.
    Heck, you disparage the northern part of the state every chance you get. Kinda like the
    lsu and N.O. jerks do.

Asu beat us the last 3 years?

You left out the fact that you got your ___ handed to you by Southern Miss. Or the fact that you lost to an FCS team last year.
    Tech played well yesterday, not sure what this has to do with us.
    Another fun fact, your league was won by a team 2 years removed from the sun belt, with players recruited to the sunbelt. I agree about the separation for this year. You guys were much better. Long term, I'm not seeing much difference between us.

10. Default

playing for you.

lsu and N.O. jerks do.

Fact: More than one of your "facts" is not factual. That's not even counting the the things you called "facts" that are actually opinions. I'm just talking about objective, provable things like the scores and results of football games.

Here's an opinion: It's a good idea to check your facts before you use incorrect information to come on somebody else's board and tell them they're embarrassing themselves.

playing for you.

lsu and N.O. jerks do.

We have beaten asu 2 of the last 3 years dumbaz

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

playing for you.

lsu and N.O. jerks do.

You need to do some fact checking bro

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    We have beaten asu 2 of the last 3 years dumbaz
    Yep, you sure did. I apologize for getting that one wrong. I read cfbdatawarehouse.com incorrectly.

I'll do better this time.

1997 63 - 24
    1998 77 - 14
    1999 41 - 31
    2000 48 - 14
    2003 34 - 3
    2004 24 - 20
    2014 48 - 20
    2015 43 - 14

That really is a long time trend.

Bro, you guys went 9-4 and won the NOLA Bowl.sounds familiar to me.

Fact: Tech fans breed delusion and insecurity

Seriously, what in the world are you people doing on our message board? You just won a bowl game. Go celebrate or something. Better yet, go and wait by the phone. I hear the SEC was so impressed that they might come calling the mighty Bulldogs for an invite, since you're so above everyone and all.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst . 46 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast

Thread Information