Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana (27) vs A-State (37)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    There is playcalling and there is execution. We have not been consistent in either all year.
    How can you expect either when you're 10 weeks into the season and you just decided on a QB?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    How can you expect either when you're 10 weeks into the season and you just decided on a QB?
    Not sure.

Default Re: Final: Louisiana (27) vs A-State (37)

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Especially when our best PASSERS can't get a fair shake due to pathetic coaching
    You guys keep blaming the Qb I too think he should have been pulled last night not because hes not the better of the two but it obvious that the kid is hurt, but I said that to say this other than gabe what receiver is running good hard routes every play. If you going to blame Jalen then blame all those want to be receivers minus Gabe and Eli. One last thing JJ play calling is worst than my three year old grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    You guys keep blaming the Qb I too think he should have been pulled last night not because hes not the better of the two but it obvious that the kid is hurt, but I said that to say this other than gabe what receiver is running good hard routes every play. If you going to blame Jalen then blame all those want to be receivers minus Gabe and Eli. One last thing JJ play calling is worst than my three year old grandson.
    How can you run good hard routes when you have no idea where the ball is gonna be? Wil he over throw me? Will he under throw me? Will he hit me in the back of the helmet? Does he have any idea where I'm going? Oh no, nevermind he ran it. The whole team looks like they are waiting for someone else to do something or waiting for our coaches to you actually coach. we took 2 consecutive timeouts to call a QB draw. We threw a 1 yard pass on 4th and 8. Nobody appears to know what the hell is going on.

15,000 for homecoming sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    15,000 for homecoming sounds about right.
    Haha if we're lucky

There was never going to be a comeback, you might as well start the game behind 27-0. By our 3rd play of the game, I knew it was a lost cause bc our playcalling is dumb. I know nothing about football and I can see this.

For whatever reason Haack didn't get a fair shake, played on a shorter leash etc.; Nixon has provided a spark at times, is a powerful runner, no quit in him but a terrible passer- I believe we've witnessed his ceiling and lost with it and will lose a fair bit more. He'll be entrenched as our QB, safe in that he's a known commodity and our offense will be limited because of it. We'll stick with him next year because of his experience and leadership and our offence will be limited. And the year after we will suffer because of growing pains. I think we're headed for a rough three years. If not Haack then Ray or Davis, sooner than later. I'ld even enjoy seeing Gunner out there at this point. The route we're going is pretty predictable. The team didn't quit, Nixon has some obvious strengths but once again I think we've seen his best and we'll lose quite a bit with it. Hope we change or Nixon proves me wrong. Maybe the vision of a better offense just isn't there regardless of personel. This team does exhibit some fight, wish we could capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCajun123 View Post
    After watching that atrocious performance in year 5 of our $1M coach's tenure, all I can say is baseball is only 4 months away!
    Did we get a new baseball facility yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    For whatever reason Haack didn't get a fair shake, played on a shorter leash etc.; Nixon has provided a spark at times, is a powerful runner, no quit in him but a terrible passer- I believe we've witnessed his ceiling and lost with it and will lose a fair bit more. He'll be entrenched as our QB, safe in that he's a known commodity and our offense will be limited because of it. We'll stick with him next year because of his experience and leadership and our offence will be limited. And the year after we will suffer because of growing pains. I think we're headed for a rough three years. If not Haack then Ray or Davis, sooner than later. I'ld even enjoy seeing Gunner out there at this point. The route we're going is pretty predictable. The team didn't quit, Nixon has some obvious strengths but once again I think we've seen his best and we'll lose quite a bit with it. Hope we change or Nixon proves me wrong. Maybe the vision of a better offense just isn't there regardless of personel. This team does exhibit some fight, wish we could capitalize on it.
    This ship sailed in the Spring. We failed to name a starter and do what needed to be done at the RB position. If certain people couldn't deal with it, then, they needed to be let go.

To fix things now, somebody would have to admit they were wrong. I don't see that happening. So, going forward, the best we can do is prepare for next season now by splitting time with Davis. Find out NOW if he can contribute or not.

Otherwise, we run the option with Ray or go get a legit QB on the open market, like Tech.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I don't have a bad thing to say about Jalen Nixon. He's been let down by his coaches. I have no problem with a kid going into a lose-lose situation and playing his guts out. He put in a fine effort. But at the QB position, it takes a lot more than effort to win at this level.

Teams cannot win with a run first QB. Once you get down, you stay down because you can't throw the football. And when you're forced to throw the football, it gets ugly. See last night's performance.

I think that's where we're at too more or less. I'm predicting we'll end up taking it on the chin with Nixon and this decision will perpetuate itself into three rough years. I think stubborness will sail that ship through this and next year. And we'll be struggling with transition that third year.

Quote Originally Posted by Penrod View Post
    I think that's where we're at too more or less. I'm predicting we'll end up taking it on the chin with Nixon and this decision will perpetuate itself into three rough years. I think stubborness will sail that ship through this and next year. And we'll be struggling with transition that third year.
    If the 3 year dip comes to fruition. It will be traced back to this decision as the root cause for the Million Dollar Man having a change of address.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    Teams cannot win with a run first QB. Once you get down, you stay down because you can't throw the football. And when you're forced to throw the football, it gets ugly. See last night's performance.
    Why don't you tell that to Georgia Southern who won 9 games and the conference title last year and are 5-1 this year.

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst . 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . LastLast

Thread Information