Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Memphis, Temple, and Houston in this week's Top 25 Coaches Poll

UL Football Memphis, Temple, and Houston in this week's Top 25 Coaches Poll

The Amway Coaches Poll is conducted weekly throughout the regular season using a panel of head coaches at FBS schools. The panel is chosen by random draw, conference by conference plus independents, from a pool of coaches who have indicated to the American Football Coaches Association their willingness to participate. Each coach submits a Top 25 with a first-place vote worth 25 points, second place 24, and so on down to one point for 25th.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa.ry=/7vqUaFWdTp

Default Re: Memphis, Temple, and Houston in this week's Top 25 Coaches Poll

Great to see G5 love.

A MAC team, Toledo, is number 20.

4. Default Re: Memphis, Temple, and Houston in this week's Top 25 Coaches Poll

All will be punished inmercifully with a loss even undefeated Houston vs undefeated Memphis.

Western Kentucky receiving votes in the top 25. 5 years ago they got their first conference win against us at Cajun Field. Taggert moved on and so did WKU.

What has to happen for us to "make it"?

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Western Kentucky receiving votes in the top 25. 5 years ago they got their first conference win against us at Cajun Field. Taggert moved on and so did WKU.

Act of God!

more depth, better preparation and coaching

A president who doesn't withhold available resources; a president and an AD with a sense of urgency about capitalizing on success; an aggressive and truly independent fundraising organization; at least one set of cojones in Martin Hall; a president who accurately identifies his job as doing everything possible to advance his school without regard to what his counterparts at other UL system schools think; and then better coaching and players will naturally follow.

I'd settle for better coaching right now.

Does anyone think Boise had more talent when they started beating some of those big guys? But here, we are willing to give our staff a pass until the university president steps up. Heck.we can't beat some of the OOC small guys.

??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    I'd settle for better coaching right now.

Does anyone think Boise had more talent when they started beating some of those big guys? But here, we are willing to give our staff a pass until the university president steps up. Heck.we can't beat some of the OOC small guys.

??
    Nobody is giving anyone a pass. The question was what is necessary for us to be on a par with Memphis and Houston. On field wins over multiple seasons is very highly positively correlated to all the things I mentioned.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    A president who doesn't withhold available resources; a president and an AD with a sense of urgency about capitalizing on success; an aggressive and truly independent fundraising organization; at least one set of cojones in Martin Hall; a president who accurately identifies his job as doing everything possible to advance his school without regard to what his counterparts at other UL system schools think; and then better coaching and players will naturally follow.
    This

So.we can't beat Akron until then? Just shoot me know.

And if that's the case, then I have no reason to continue my season tickets and RCAF.

So.we can't beat Akron until then? Just shoot me know.

And if that's the case, then I have no reason to continue my season tickets and RCAF.
    Nobody said we can't beat Akron. That loss is entirely on the coaching staff. The question was not about individual games, or even seasons, but about what is necessary to get our PROGRAM to the level of Memphis or other former peers.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Nobody said we can't beat Akron. That loss is entirely on the coaching staff. The question was not about individual games, or even seasons, but about what is necessary to get our PROGRAM to the level of Memphis or other former peers.
    I know.and I appreciate your comments and analysis. But we keep wetting the bed in our OOC schedule every year.as others come out with wins. The other things you mention are very important.but as long as we keep losing the winnable games, we won't move forward.not even with more fund transfers. Heck.we wanted this new performance center. We got it, then peed our pants. And that is every year. I'm tired of giving the staff a pass.

I know.and I appreciate your comments and analysis. But we keep wetting the bed in our OOC schedule every year.as others come out with wins. The other things you mention are very important.but as long as we keep losing the winnable games, we won't move forward.not even with more fund transfers. Heck.we wanted this new performance center. We got it, then peed our pants. And that is every year. I'm tired of giving the staff a pass.
    This! We keep talking about conference holding us back when we can't win the conference. Sure all the external things mean a lot moving forward but what about right now? We are failing to win the games we are supposed to in bc of a lack of coaching. I hate to tell you guys and it's a year away but McNeese will out coach us next year and beat us if our coaching staff doesn't look in the mirror and stop being stubborn.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information