Thread: UL questions Saunders' Ole Miss activities

1. UL Football UL questions Saunders' Ole Miss activities

David Saunders, the ex-UL assistant football coach at the center of a recruiting investigation, has extensive Ole Miss ties.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: UL questions Saunders' Ole Miss activities

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    David Saunders, the ex-UL assistant football coach at the center of a recruiting investigation, has extensive Ole Miss ties.

____ It! If we are going down, lets take some __'ers with us.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    ____ It! If we are going down, lets take some __'ers with us.

Z
    Exactly.

Lol!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The NCAA is culpable in this. They should have identified Saunders as a cheat back at Ole Miss. If they would have dealt with him correctly back then, we wouldn't have hired him. If the NCCA determines this individual operated a clandestine system to build up his career as a recruiter, in more places than just UL, and they were unable to identify it in the past, I see this as a Saunders college coaching infraction, not a university infraction. Be responsible, NCAA. Go after Saunders. Make an example out of the coach.

The NCAA needs to protect the institutions they govern. I completely understand the method of justice they use in getting the massive system they're over to self police or face the consequences. But they should also not injure other coaches and athletes that are innocent when a rogue coach cheats to enhance his resume. I could understand, to some extent, if he originated his system under the tutelage of our university. But he came here a cheat. And unless proven, he was an unknown cheat to us. I understand they're going to deem we benefited in some small way from this. But match the penalty to both the extent of the benefit and the relative culpability. I find it disingenuous for the enforcer to be partially culpable, and not agree to shoulder some of the blame.

I also do not understand how someone within the Mississippi school system operated this ACT cheating ring. and somehow a Louisiana school gets held responsible. The NCAA should sue, on our behalf, the state of Mississippi for blindly fostering an ACT cheating ring.

J1M and Z said the same thing, albeit in different language. J1M said it eloquently for those of us who passed the ACT, while Z said it in a language that the boys who didn't pass the exam could understand!

7. Default Saunders' Pearl River status in limbo

UL-NCAA probe has David Saunders' future as an assistant football coach at_Pearl River Community College in limbo

Default Re: Saunders' Pearl River status in limbo

I hope freakin so. Man shouldn't ever be hired again as a coach by anyone.

I would say he had a future as a roughneck, but right now those jobs are hard to find.

10. Default Re: Saunders' Pearl River status in limbo

Ban the SOB for life. If he crosses into Lafayette parish, assemble the mob.

He may have screwed the retirement pooch. Mid to late 50's, may be facing NCAA black balling, he's done.

12. Default Re: Saunders' Pearl River status in limbo

Yep, but he damaged so many more. He cannot earn repentance until he confesses his sins. He refuses to do so screw his retirement

On top of everything and everyone he has hurt, there are several student athletes who may not get to go to college bc there will be that many fewer scholarships to go around. We will be relying on a lot of walk ons to contribute to the program and not every kid is financially able to do this. Hope the guy gets what's coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Yep, but he damaged so many more. He cannot earn repentance until he confesses his sins. He refuses to do so screw his retirement
    Sounds like he is a candidate for an NFL position.

Thread Information