Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: UL's Hudspeth still highest paid Sun Belt coach

1. UL Football UL's Hudspeth still highest paid Sun Belt coach

USA Today Sports study shows UL's Hudspeth is still the highest-paid Sun Belt football coach

Default Re: UL's Hudspeth still highest paid Sun Belt coach

Without Broadway, HUD would be back in the pack. Broadway was a difference maker, and it's easy to see why now.

Why are ppl so fixated by this man's pay? Personally, I wish they would keep coaches salaries secret. He is getting his, y'all go get y'all's.

Interesting timing for this article.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    Interesting timing for this article.
    Exactly. Could be a coincidence, but seems funny.

6. Default Re: UL's Hudspeth still highest paid Sun Belt coach

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Exactly. Could be a coincidence, but seems funny.
    ---Well the guy can also be listed in the salary list as assistant AD, Vice Pres of the university, top fund raiser, design consultant, and other peripheral work that has made this place a true change for a much better!!!I am amazed at what has been accomplished since his arrival and hope we can keep him!!!

7. Default Re: UL's Hudspeth still highest paid Sun Belt coach

Why are ppl so fixated by this man's pay? Personally, I wish they would keep coaches salaries secret. He is getting his, y'all go get y'all's.
    There is intrinsic value in releasing #1 status.

It raises the perception of the school as a destination point in the mind of every up and coming coach.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Personally, I wish they would keep coaches salaries secret.
    They should close the games to the public too.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    They should close the games to the public too.
    Just don't go!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is intrinsic value in releasing #1 status.

It raises the perception of the school as a destination point in the mind of every up and coming coach.
    I understand that, my comment was aimed at our fans that keep bringing up his salary to bash him.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Just don't go!
    You're not much of a marketeer, Walter. By the way, a guy that wears his shirts 2-3 sizes too small doesn't mind everyone talking about his salary. I don't know if you understand why coaches' salaries get publicized, but it isn't going away. I think the last thing Hud or any of our head coaches would agree to, is me and others not going to the games as a trade for not discussing their salaries or performance.

I don't disagree that Tim's article was timed with the frustration of recent football coaching results. Funny how that happens.

When I say I "don't understand" I don't mean I don't actually understand. I just don't like the pointing on of ones salary as if 1m should make a guy mistake free.

When I say I "don't understand" I don't mean I don't actually understand. I just don't like the pointing on of ones salary as if 1m should make a guy mistake free.
    There are few measurables more indicative of a college football coach's performance demand than his salary. Why do you think Hud is paid the amount we pay him? His bench press record? We placed the biggest push for athletic (and institutional front porch attractiveness) growth on the football program. We routed some of our largest yearly revenue toward the salary of the head coach. How do you not see the evaluation of performance being tied in, directly I might add, to the bills we pay? If we spent $1M on a new track and the builder failed to make a good track, would you say that we shouldn't concern ourselves with what we paid him?

14. Default

I've never made a comment about the salary, but let's not pretend it isn't relevant to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I've never made a comment about the salary, but let's not pretend it isn't relevant to the situation.
    It isn't just casually relevant. It's directly relevant. And I too prefer to discuss the lack of performance. The opportunity to make good on the pay is still there. I'll stick to criticizing the performance, or lack thereof.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information