Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Softball Reception

Default Softball Reception

e-mail from Bobby:

Just a reminder about the Softball Reception on Thursday, January 21, 2010. The team will scrimmage at 3:00 PM at the softball field and then a reception will be held in the Moncla Indoor Practice Facility following the scrimmage at approximately 5:30 PM. Food and Drinks will be served. The new softball stadium will be showcased and season tickets will be on sale. Following the reception there is a Men's Basketball game in the Cajundome beginning at 7PM with a softball pitching exhibition at halftime.

Default Re: Softball reception

It will interesting how they will handle the season tickets. If I will have to purchase my box seats to sit in the bleaches in the outfield. I know that will be the only seat avalible but talk abut some high price seats

Has anyone gotten anything in the mail about renewing their softball tickets/punch cards? It's getting pretty close.

I heard they planned on having construction finished during the season. Looking at the schedule, there appears to only be 23 home games and 33 away games. The season opens with the Louisiana Classics Tournament on February 12th to 14th, where the team plays five games during that weekend. They then don't play another home game until April 17th, with the exception of two doubleheaders on March 9th (McNeese) and March 30th (Houston). That seems to be a lot of time with no-one around the park to get work done. They spend almost all of February and March at four tournaments (Houston Marriot Classic, NFCA Leadoff Classic, Razorback Invitational, and Judy Garman Classic), before starting the conference schedule.

That all sound good but there is no fans now and no construction crews. All they moved out was the bleachers. Went there today an the only thing moved was a lawn chair from the third base side to the first base side. Why havn't they taken down the concesson and press box yet? Started removing the concretI know a lot of you don't want to hear this but I will express my disgust of the way things are being done. Now they will want me to shell out over $700+ for my box seats to sit in bleachers and say it's good for the program. Which no dought it will be. I will not do it this year but next season, yesI will be there for the softball reception to see what direction they are going in with this. In fact I will go the the ticket off tomorrow and try to get information before hand. I can't beleive that I am the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That all sound good but there is no fans now and no construction crews. All they moved out was the bleachers. Went there today an the only thing moved was a lawn chair from the third base side to the first base side. Why havn't they taken down the concesson and press box yet? Started removing the concretI know a lot of you don't want to hear this but I will express my disgust of the way things are being done. Now they will want me to shell out over $700+ for my box seats to sit in bleachers and say it's good for the program. Which no dought it will be. I will not do it this year but next season, yesI will be there for the softball reception to see what direction they are going in with this. In fact I will go the the ticket off tomorrow and try to get information before hand. I can't beleive that I am the only one who feels this way.
    I understand what your saying but if you look around at all the renovations across the country in the past few years that were done to softball and baseball almost all of them interferred with the season. Just saying we aren't alone in that arena.

UL Softball Re: Softball reception

Frenchie: I live in Lake Charles, & Shell-out about $900.00 dollars a year in baseball and softball tickets. I'm happy if I make 15 games between the two. I also make it a point to eat at the games to support the teams and buy some more cajun crap that I really do not need, because it goes to the team(s). So I'm not rich and I say give them the money because you love the work they do and not where you get to sit. Get ____ed about something that is not a positive step forward or something in the world that is more important. It is all about the LOVE Man!! Seeya at the games!!!!

Well I live in Lafayette and shell out $1200 for baseball and softballBut I was just told be Scot Farmer that they will only sell general addmission tichets this season. But you will be able to purchase your season tickets for next year. They will have a drawing of the stand so has to pick you seats. Season ticket holder first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ Well I live in Lafayette and shell out $1200 for baseball and softballBut I was just told be Scot Farmer that they will only sell general addmission tichets this season. But you will be able to purchase your season tickets for next year. They will have a drawing of the stand so has to pick you seats. Season ticket holder first choice. _
    That seems fair.

Default Re: Softball reception Today

King Rob called in to Talking Out Loud this morning to promote the reception.

Jambalaya from NuNu's for those who attend. I'll try to make it out there before the BB game. I want to check out the details of the new stadium.

UL Softball Re: Softball reception Today

Great reception today. The jambalaya from NuNu's was great. The turn out was very impressive. They set out 100 chairs and 300 showed up. Great pics and explanations on the new stadium. David Walker did show up and gave a nice speech. And no, he didn't hide behind his fax machine. He's a funny guy behind the mike.

David kind of gave us the background about how the idea of the stadium came about and explained the delays with the latest budget cuts. Financing had to be changed because of the cuts. We weren't allowed to borrow money after the project had been awarded, so we're going back to the Board of Regents and presenting changes in financing to allow the already started project to continue. We'll show them that the project has already commenced.

The stadium project is $2.5mil with a 315 day anticipated construction. 1500 seats in the grandstand with about 1300 covered. Chairbacks behind home plate and bench seating for the balance. Old stands have been moved to the outfield and will be utilized this season and into the future to give us 3000 seats. Plenty of room for concessions and growth. Current dugouts and wall will remain. Scott Farmer gave this part of the presentation. I had to get over to the Cajundome and missed the rest of the program.

Did I mention how good the jambalaya from NuNu's was?

Default Softball? stadium?

What's the latest plans on the stadium construction time table? I'm guessing seating in the outfield and the press box stays at least through the classic, then maybe they get busy from there, or they work on underground through the season then tear down the box and start constructing after the season? I don't mind sitting outfield. I sit there alot anyway. I think it would be cool for the consrtuction to take place during the season, so every game you'll have something new to look at and maybe by the end of the season we'll have something really wishful thinking.

I'm ready for soft and hard ball. The bball game tonite was a nice distraction though.

thanks for the info, meanwhile I started a pointless post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    _ thanks for the info, meanwhile I started a pointless post. _
    Softball threads are never pointless. The program just ran too close the basketball game. Lot of info to present.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ Softball threads are never pointless. The program just ran too close the basketball game. Lot of info to present. _
    If you read the other post I started and could shed any light on the time line that would be much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information