Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26

Thread: 2015-10-02 Louisiana vs LaTech

Default Re: GameTalk: Louisiana (14) vs LaTech (43)

HUD has loss the fans now. Too many home blowout losses and complete listlessness against teams we should be competitive against. There is absolutely no reason to lose by 21 points on consecutive weeks in year 5. Stop the cheerleader facade and friggin coach up this team.

Hud's post game: "I thought our kid played awfully hard. I was really proud of their effort. Did we make some mistakes? Sure, we missed some tackles and I'm sure we didn't execute as well as we would have liked. But the kid played hard, and we as coaches have to find some answers"I watched a different game I guess.

Hud Hype is starting to sound old, and the poor coaching and recruiting is starting to take the momentum this program had and throw it into reverse. This season is over from my point of view, no Sun Belt win will fix this. This team is not good. I'll still watch and want them to do well but, reality is what it is.

Didn't you guys lose a lot to graduation this year. TECH will have to fill a lot of holes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Didn't you guys lose a lot to graduation this year. TECH will have to fill a lot of holes next year.
    Lost our best players on both lines and our QB but it shouldn't be as bad as it was last night. Tech whooped our asses.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Hud Hype is starting to sound old, and the poor coaching and recruiting is starting to take the momentum this program had and throw it into reverse. This season is over from my point of view, no Sun Belt win will fix this. This team is not good. I'll still watch and want them to do well but, reality is what it is.
    Same could have been said (and many did) about our season at this point last year.

At some point, we as a fan base, donors and alumni have to stop accepting or exercising these kinds of loses. These debacles continue to keep us in the SBC, and stagnate our growth. Being a true fan is good and all, but true fans have to know when to revolt too. Being a good fan requires knowing the correct time to use the leverage we have. We're pretty close to that time.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Same could have been said (and many did) about our season at this point last year.

At some point, we as a fan base, donors and alumni have to stop accepting or exercising these kinds of loses. These debacles continue to keep us in the SBC, and stagnate our growth. Being a true fan is good and all, but true fans have to know when to revolt too. Being a good fan requires knowing the correct time to use the leverage we have. We're pretty close to that time.
    This concept is not knew (trying to teach a lesson by a large deliberate "fan reaction") and it has never truly happened. I don't suggest trying. The reality is that no matter what people threaten on here, and no matter how much the sunshine pumpers post against it, a natural fan reaction will occur. It cannot be stopped and it shouldn't be. We will lose and gain fans from our numbers in direct proportion to their individual interest in this program.

Hud has been given ample to work with from the outside. What remains to happen will be produced by the matter between his ears. There may be justification for losing to Akron. There may be justification for losing to Tech. There is absolutely no justification for being a sorry football team. Our coaches are destroying us. They suck right now. I'm not certain they have what it takes not to suck. I'm hopeful they will figure out how not to suck at coaching football and football players - and competing ok against bad programs isn't proving otherwise - but I'm skeptical.

Hud's staff. from his first year. have not impressed me from a technical standpoint. They did create energy and excitement, and conditioning improved. but unless a few really good athletes stood out and dominated. the ability to operate as a well tuned machine. just doesn't seem to rise up against good competition.

And quite seriously, we have way too many slags in our fan base that don't know when they're seeing a player problem or a coaching problem. They'll claim our athletes suck, when in fact it's a coaching problem. We may have a drop off in ability here and there (year to year we always will), but it is blatantly obvious to me that our offense is coached poorly. Sorry. it's just a fact. And we only need look at Tech and the way they bull rushed us to know we can't coach defensive linemen and linebackers. They succeeded with scheme and coaching. We were drastically out coached.

Tech's ignorant fans think they have better athletes across the board and so do ours. We could switch coaching staffs and in one year our players would kick their players asses. It's clear as crystal to me. Our coaches need a rude rude wake up call.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I think that "Hud Mania" is over. Nobody is drinking the Kool-aide anymore. Many of us think that we deserve to see better performances by our team in OOC games. We've certainly paid enough to. We've held the rope for five years now. How many more years will it take before we can stop getting embarrassed in these OOC games?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    This concept is not knew (trying to teach a lesson by a large deliberate "fan reaction") and it has never truly happened. I don't suggest trying. The reality is that no matter what people threaten on here, and no matter how much the sunshine pumpers post against it, a natural fan reaction will occur. It cannot be stopped and it shouldn't be. We will lose and gain fans from our numbers in direct proportion to their individual interest in this program.

Hud has been given ample to work with from the outside. What remains to happen will be produced by the matter between his ears. There may be justification for losing to Akron. There may be justification for losing to Tech. There is absolutely no justification for being a sorry football team. Our coaches are destroying us. They suck right now. I'm not certain they have what it takes not to suck. I'm hopeful they will figure out how not to suck at coaching football and football players - and competing ok against bad programs isn't proving otherwise - but I'm skeptical.

Hud's staff. from his first year. have not impressed me from a technical standpoint. They did create energy and excitement, and conditioning improved. but unless a few really good athletes stood out and dominated. the ability to operate as a well tuned machine. just doesn't seem to rise up against good competition.

And quite seriously, we have way too many slags in our fan base that don't know when they're seeing a player problem or a coaching problem. They'll claim our athletes suck, when in fact it's a coaching problem. We may have a drop off in ability here and there (year to year we always will), but it is blatantly obvious to me that our offense is coached poorly. Sorry. it's just a fact. And we only need look at Tech and the way they bull rushed us to know we can't coach defensive linemen and linebackers. They succeeded with scheme and coaching. We were drastically out coached.

Tech's ignorant fans think they have better athletes across the board and so do ours. We could switch coaching staffs and in one year our players would kick their players asses. It's clear as crystal to me. Our coaches need a rude rude wake up call.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I know that most don't believe this, but for me I don't think losing seniors due to graduation should be the down fall of a team. So you lose 7-8 seniors, (3-4 or starters) the next season you might have 10-12 seniors. Great coaches look ahead. Your Jr. this season will be ready to be your starting seniors next season, etc

11. Default Re: GameTalk: Louisiana (14) vs LaTech (43)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I know that most don't believe this, but for me I don't think losing seniors due to graduation should be the down fall of a team. So you lose 7-8 seniors, (3-4 or starters) the next season you might have 10-12 seniors. Great coaches look ahead. Your Jr. this season will be ready to be your starting seniors next season, etc
    If your seniors are learning a new system (thinking defense here) all your upper classmen advantages go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Haha. The new series on ESPN "Coach Swap" Tuesday's at 8.

13. Default Re: GameTalk: Louisiana (14) vs LaTech (43)

I agree with your comment in the coaching was the difference. It was clear the ULL defensive game plan was to stop Dixon and little else. Secondly, the quality of players has nothing with the interception/TD at halftime. That play is a case study in why you don't run that play. Any competent defense will be set for a Hail Mary type if play. Most of your possessions, McGuire was making good gains and then a pass would be called even though your OL was clearly struggling with Tech's blitzes. Finally, your the offense should have come out after halftime running the plays they were using in the waning minutes of the 4th quarter.

Looks like they shut down the APC camera after the lost to Akron on Sept. 26no tours and no looking either.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26

Thread Information