Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: 2015-10-02 Louisiana vs LaTech

Default Re: GameTalk: Louisiana (14) vs LaTech (43)

The last play of the first half is even dumber than the coach that faked a punt in his own endzone last year.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    First drive was very good. First quarter was fine. Second quarter put the nail in our coffin, our offense went away from McGuire at the wrong times and then instead of going into half time down 22-7, we tried a bomb that was returned for a touchdown and that ended the game.
    I was listening on RadioPup at that point and then heard Hud take responsibility on the pass play. But in general did the team 'look' (tackling, blocking etc.) better than last week?

Blocking? No. I thought there were several bright spots from the defense. They played very well against Dixon. However, the scheme is going to get us murdered on deep passes all year. No safety help ever, so teams either complete a 40 yard pass or get 15 free yards on a P.I. call.

We still can't get to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I was listening on RadioPup at that point and then heard Hud take responsibility on the pass play. But in general did the team 'look' (tackling, blocking etc.) better than last week?
    Last week we were terrible this week we were awful.

Disgusting and embarrassing. Tech players were better and we were outcoached. Lack of leadership. Guys we were counting on being playmakers can't make routine plays. The same coaches we are questioning now made the player evaluations. Either they were missing on some of these evaluations or they cannot coach up some of our players. I am very concerned about leadership and the heart of this team right now.

And Robinson needs to be benched. Don't care how good he's supposed to be compared to our other guys. We keep losing so it doesn't really matter how much potential he has.

Exactly, we have players that were at LSU,Arkansas,Miami and others that were highly recruited.

Think back to last year. Alonzo's vision did not get better as he got older. Broadway regressed, and Robinson has not gotten better since 2013.

Outside of Eli we have nothing.

I think we have had enough to know Haack may not have it and Nixon is not the guy.

We have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    And Robinson needs to be benched. Don't care how good he's supposed to be compared to our other guys. We keep losing so it doesn't really matter how much potential he has.
    No just be patient, he's going to be great next year, no wait............

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I thought I heard him mention the distraction of me calling to try and schedule a tour of the new, beautiful APC as the reason he called that ridiculous play.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Exactly, we have players that were at LSU,Arkansas,Miami and others that were highly recruited.

Think back to last year. Alonzo's vision did not get better as he got older. Broadway regressed, and Robinson has not gotten better since 2013.

Outside of Eli we have nothing.

I think we have had enough to know Haack may not have it and Nixon is not the guy.

We have a long way to go.
    A long way to geaux

Quote Originally Posted by epiccajun View Post
    I thought I heard him mention the distraction of me calling to try and schedule a tour of the new, beautiful APC as the reason he called that ridiculous play.
    Plus I think he mentioned something about revoking all the awards and accolades that our better players received last year and this offseason?

Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Disgusting and embarrassing. Tech players were better and we were outcoached. Lack of leadership. Guys we were counting on being playmakers can't make routine plays. The same coaches we are questioning now made the player evaluations. Either they were missing on some of these evaluations or they cannot coach up some of our players. I am very concerned about leadership and the heart of this team right now.
    From a Tech point of view, we have much better receivers and Qb. I though McGuire is a great player with a lot of potential. Your D did a good job stuffing Dixon but your DBs couldn't cover our 5th or 6th receiver. Gaines is a true sophomore and wouldn't have played much if Henderson was available. Right now, Tech just has more talent and is better coached. HUD has done some really good things for your football team but his O is very basic and easily stopped with equal athletes. Whoever called the pass play before half is an idiot and blew whatever chance to make it a competitive game.

I look forward to play you guys again in the future. It was a good crowd and thank you for traveling to Ruston for those that made the trip.

Next week will tell us if he lost the team. Hud broke Bear Bryant's first rule of coaching, don't blame the players for a loss. Especially in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Next week will tell us if he lost the team. Hud broke Bear Bryant's first rule of coaching, don't blame the players for a loss. Especially in the media.
    Him and saban did it last year

When is someone going to nut up and ask some real questions to the coaching staff? Such as, why does the defense seem out of sink & why are we getting outplayed & out-coached every game?

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread Information