Thread: UL quarterback decision all about turnovers, touchdowns

1. Default UL quarterback decision all about turnovers, touchdowns

Cajuns coach Mark Hudspeth still hasn't decided if Brooks Haack or Jalen Nixon will start Saturday at Louisiana Tech

Default Re: UL quarterback decision all about turnovers, touchdowns

It's pretty easy to read between the lines on HUD interviews

Nixon is our starter Saturday.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm a little disappointed that we aren't using the criteria that the starter should be the QB least distracted by the new APC.

It doesn't matter who starts this game. They will both play.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    It's pretty easy to read between the lines on HUD interviews

Nixon is our starter Saturday.
    I will be surprised if you are not right. May be the best move. Our best chance may be to keep the ball on the ground and use up clock, to limit their offensive possessions. Also the fact the APC is 3 hours away may help.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I will be surprised if you are not right. May be the best move. Our best chance may be to keep the ball on the ground and use up clock, to limit their offensive possessions. Also the fact the APC is 3 hours away may help.
    If our plan is to keep the ball on the ground... we'll double our chances of losing this game. It isn't how much you lose by... it's about winning the game. I used to get stoked many years ago when our defense took the field. It wasn't about resting them. It was about giving an offense fits. Is that our new strategy against good teams? Limiting the damage? What a way to excite a defense. "Hey offense... please drag out the time of possession. We're scared to take the field with these guys. Thanks!". If we do not plan on ripping a new hole in Tech when they have the ball... our defense is a lost cause. If we do not plan on ripping a hole in Tech when we have the ball... our offense is a lost cause. Tech plans on ripping a hole in us on every down. I can most assuredly guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Also the fact the APC is 3 hours away may help.
    But, but, Tee- eck has themselves one of those too. Albeit half the size & niceness of ours, so they'll be distracted by the disappointment of the facility.

If I was Tech...I would leave a box of yo-yo's in the visiting locker room. With our team's attention span we may not make it onto the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    If our plan is to keep the ball on the ground... we'll double our chances of losing this game. It isn't how much you lose by... it's about winning the game. I used to get stoked many years ago when our defense took the field. It wasn't about resting them. It was about giving an offense fits. Is that our new strategy against good teams? Limiting the damage? What a way to excite a defense. "Hey offense... please drag out the time of possession. We're scared to take the field with these guys. Thanks!". If we do not plan on ripping a new hole in Tech when they have the ball... our defense is a lost cause. If we do not plan on ripping a hole in Tech when we have the ball... our offense is a lost cause. Tech plans on ripping a hole in us on every down. I can most assuredly guarantee it.
    Not really what I meant. Saturday at least some of our defensive problems came from the offense constantly putting them back on the field. If being a primarily running team and using that to setup our other weapons helps change that, at this point I'm for it. So far this year, against good teams, we've moved the ball the best with Nixon running zone read, mixing in quick passes to our wideouts. I think that's a good recipe to get us back on track. I think we can do that with either quarterback, but Nixon probably gives us the best chance to do that. I didn't say anything about limiting how much we lose by. I want the best scenario that gives us a chance to beat these _____s. At this point, from the games I've watched, we will have trouble stopping their offense. I'm fully on board with being more aggressive on defense, especially at the line of scrimmage. But I'd love to see us establish the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and the best way to do that may be to use Nixon and Eli as our primary weapons, at least initially. I fully admit I'm a fan who knows nothing. Which is why I'm on a fan forum and not a sideline!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

That is correct my friend, you are 100% right

Due to the poor WR play, might as well go with Nixon. Also, would it hurt to attempt to get Eli in some positions to make plays?

i just want eli on the edge. he can start in the backfield, but get the kid in space.

I can't help but think this is all Jim Harris's fault, somehow.

Thread Information