Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Baseball Schedule

Default 2016 Baseball Schedule

Released

http://ragincajuns.com/news/2015/9/1.915150530.aspx

Highlights:
    TCU, Texas Tech and Rice at Minute Maid.
    Home Series with Sam Houston State and Sacred Heart
    Tulane and La Tech home and away
    LSU in the Wally Pontiff

Default Re: 2016 Baseball Schedule

It looks like a lot of home/home series. UNO, Northwestern, LaTech, Tulane, McNeese, Nicholls, and a one home/2 away with SLU. I also note this is the first time in a while where we don't play Southern at least once. We also have a single midweek against Southern Miss (away) who was a regular weekend series which I was hoping to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Released

http://ragincajuns.com/news/2015/9/1.915150530.aspx

It is time we play again at Minute Maid in the College Baseball Classic. Its been a few years since we last played with Texas, Texas A&M and Rice. I remember Gerald Hebert doing an athletic presentation in one of the suites at the stadium. We had almost as many fans as UT and A&M as I recall. We will have an exceptional team this year, so looking forward to this in Houston.
    Highlights:
    TCU, Texas Tech and Rice at Minute Maid.
    Home Series with Sam Houston State and Sacred Heart
    Tulane and La Tech home and away
    LSU in the Wally Pontiff

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    It looks like a lot of home/home series. UNO, Northwestern, LaTech, Tulane, McNeese, Nicholls, and a one home/2 away with SLU. I also note this is the first time in a while where we don't play Southern at least once. We also have a single midweek against Southern Miss (away) who was a regular weekend series which I was hoping to renew.
    Southern Miss is one they're trying to get back on weekends but usually the weekend they're free is around the weekend we're in Houston, or for the last couple seasons, have played Bama

One of the best all around schedules we've had in a long time. Very much looking forward to the upcoming season.

Ok, I can't help myself, but the unis in the photo are the most hideous we've ever worn and I hope they do away with them. They look like something a beer league softball team would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunProud View Post
    One of the best all around schedules we've had in a long time. Very much looking forward to the upcoming season.

Ok, I can't help myself, but the unis in the photo are the most hideous we've ever worn and I hope they do away with them. They look like something a beer league softball team would wear.
    I agree with you on both points: great schedule, and about the only good thing about those unis are the caps, lol

I'm guessing we'll lose an optional weekend next year when we add Coastal Carolina and move to a 33 game conference schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I'm guessing we'll lose an optional weekend next year when we add Coastal Carolina and move to a 33 game conference schedule.
    I don't think they are necessarily moving to 33 games. I think it will be like the SEC was with twelve teams.you play ten opponents and you don't play someone in the other division and it rotates.

Having SLU as a weekend series allowed us to add Southern Miss and La. Tech.

The Astros College Classic is a real feather in the cap for this program! The Cajuns really need to show well in the field and in the stands. An annual invite is not realistic but it would be great to be in the regular rotation

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    The Astros College Classic is a real feather in the cap for this program! The Cajuns really need to show well in the field and in the stands. An annual invite is not realistic but it would be great to be in the regular rotation
    I know it is against lsu's preconference scheduling philosophybut I'd still love to see a 3 game series played between us. It would be great for college baseball. I know it will never happen, because they have "nothing to gain". But it still would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Should be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I know it is against lsu's preconference scheduling philosophybut I'd still love to see a 3 game series played between us. It would be great for college baseball. I know it will never happen, because they have "nothing to gain". But it still would be fun
    If LSU could sell beer in the stadium they would make a killing scheduling a three game series with us. We damn near ran Zephyr out of beer last year on week night.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    I don't think they are necessarily moving to 33 games. I think it will be like the SEC was with twelve teams.you play ten opponents and you don't play someone in the other division and it rotates.

Having SLU as a weekend series allowed us to add Southern Miss and La. Tech.
    SLU series is on our bye weekend for conference play. I bet there will be lots of Cajun fans in Hammond on that Saturday and Sunday as that is a relatively easy trip. There are also a few Cajun alums who now live in the Mandeville/Covington area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    There are also a few Cajun alums who now live in the Mandeville/Covington area.
    Any more heading that way Mike from Lafayette? Or still too early to tell in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Any more heading that way Mike from Lafayette? Or still too early to tell in the process?
    Too early to tell. Depends on who purchases properties run out of my employer's office.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information