Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 44, NW State 17

Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

What's not to like? We scored at will using a very basic offense. Our defense was good and basically only allowed 10 points. Happy all around tonight. Let's hope our injuries heal up for our date with the Zips in 2 weeks.

We'll know how good we are after the Akron game. I don't think we can take too much away from the game tonight.

Game pics

More pics

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    More pics
    The crowd didn't look that good from the other side of the stadium. There were a lot of empty seats. 26 k is probably accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    More pics
    I the first pic, I was down the same row in D3!

I must say, some may complain, but this is 25k for a Sunbelt team playing an FCS team. That's actually pretty good. If we average 28k in the SBC, we are doing great!

We must also remember. 4 years ago we were happy to have 20k at homecoming, now it's expected at every game. Keep winning and the numbers will grow.

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    26,824. Did not look that small to me. That stadium was packed tonight from my vantage point.
    I know my 2 weren't counted. The girl at the gate couldn't scan my thickets on my phone so she just let us in without scanning.

All 26k means is we have no more coming to the games as we did last year. Give or take a hundred. Student attendence is still pathetic and despite our high research university no one knows why or how to fix it.

Actually, the student section looked pretty full. Are they counted when they come in?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If that was 28k the southern game was grossly over stated
    I'm assuming you sit on the home side? Yes, it was crowded on the student side (away side) but the home side was very sparse. We need to stop selling the best seats in the house to corporate sponsors that don't show up. It's a bad look.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    Game was too competitive for me, kind of have an uneasy feeling even after a win. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    We didn't play Nixon and assorted other starters due to injuryinjuries that will be much better healed by taking this game off and having an open date next week. And like the guys said on the radio, 44 points on only 50 plus plays from offense ain't exactly chopped liver.

Yeah, we've got a lot of work to do on defense, but we knew that going into the game. Hud said it was going to take a number of games before our defensive players understood the entire playbook.

We won't win them all from here on out, but I bet we're competitive in every single game.

The UL Facebook page said there 6,000 students at the game. I know when I was a student, my ID was NEVER scanned. Not even once that I can think of.

Just concern, looks a lot like last year, one take a way after 2 games. However, offense is looking stout.

I thought we played fairly generic on both sides of the ball. Not surprising given the competition. Lots of names being tossed out in the fourth quarter I wasn't familiar with. I felt like we did exactly what was expected.

We destroyed these guys with basic plays and subbing in 3rd string guys in the 4th quarter. Not sure what more anyone could expect from week two.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information