Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana 44, NW State 17

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    The UL Facebook page said there 6,000 students at the game. I know when I was a student, my ID was NEVER scanned. Not even once that I can think of.
    They just started scanning like 3 years ago.

Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Not sure what more anyone could expect from week two.
    I expect a defense playing a team of inferior talent to be able to tackle and not allow 4-5 yards per attempt. While there was exceptions, most of the guys that had first shot at a tackle missed, grabbed at shoulders and slipped off or got faked. We need to do a lot better at the basic fundamentals before LT@Ruston

The UL Facebook page said there 6,000 students at the game. I know when I was a student, my ID was NEVER scanned. Not even once that I can think of.
    Same here. Reported attendance is not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but then again it is. On the other hand, it's frustrating when the folks at the gate don't give a "blank" and sell short your fan base. After years of coming in and out of games, they clearly don't care and they constantly prove that every year.

boy, I am pumped at HAACK ATTACK played!!! Not only his passing but his running too.

5. Default

26,824. Did not look that small to me. That stadium was packed tonight from my vantage point.
    No way in hell that a the correct number. I was embellishing a bit with the 35k remark, but no way there wasn't 30k. That's bs.

6. Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

Student section was jam packed and I thought NwSt brought a decent contingent. But no sir, there were not 27k people in that place. The hill was full, the concourses were constantly full, concession lines almost unbearable, the UD was 65% full, south endzone was more packed then I've ever seen it, and yes I sit in section F, but it was not sparse. Maybe in areas to my left, but it wasn't like I've seen when we've reported 25k. That's a damn shame that 27k is what was reported.

7. Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

Btw, I don't see anything to be worried about. After the first 5 minutes of the game, the approach and intensity level completely changed. Tovell is my favorite player to watch. I watch him constantly. Dude has a motor that doesn't stop. Even he was not playing at full speed. I saw Brooks make some throws tonight that were ridiculous. We haven't seen that kind of precision at UL in a long time. Young CBs are still figuring it out. Other than that, no worries.

Game pics student side. Were in trouble if we get more people. Concession stands were overwhelmed, long lines. New choices-shrimp or sausage poboys, pulled pork nachos. Speakers were horrible. I thought we had a good crowd.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Post game show was talking about it. Under reported attdce.

Z

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I was good with the offensive approach tonight, but I sincerely hope the defense figures a few things out before we get to Ruston. NW St ran a simple offense. and I'll tip my hat to a couple of good athletes for how they gashed our defense. but getting caught with the kind of holes over the middle. and no safety or LB picking up on strong side sweeps. was hard to understand. There were some good stops. but if NW St telegraphs run after run and we keep giving up 5 to 8 a down. we've got issues on defense. But I'm always happy with a W.

I was surprised the attendance wasn't counted at closer to 30k. The student side hasn't been that packed in a very long time. Were we that thin on the grandstand side?

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I the first pic, I was down the same row in D3!
    Howdy neighbor. Next game come say Hello. E row 13 seat 1

Was anyone else happy to see Glen Irons drop that wide open pass over the middle for what would have been an easy touchdown?

Turned us down to go to Nebraska. I'm glad he made the most of his opportunity

If people who sit on the hill would move over to the seats, the stadium would look packed. Lots of people sit on the hill. I love the hill, but hate it at the same time simply because it makes attendance look sparce.

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    All 26k means is we have no more coming to the games as we did last year. Give or take a hundred. Student attendence is still pathetic and despite our high research university no one knows why or how to fix it.
    Student section appeared very well attended. At least until 1/2 time

Every pass, and every decision by Haack was right on target. The only incompletion I remember was caused by a great defensive effort, possibly pass interference. The worse decision I remember him making was taking a hard tackle at the goal line after a long run, but he got right back up. This guy is the best quarterback we have seen in a Cajun uniform in a long time. Whoever said he can't run was wrong. Not only can he run but he sees the field and knows when and where to run. The Haack attack is finally free. Its going to be a fun couple of years.

Robinson played much better last night. He broke loose from a hold, made a good catch and battled for several yards and almost scored on one play. I'm pumped about our offense. Mcquire was off the chain even more than usual.

The defense needs work. We can't stop the run like last year yet but I feel like our coaches are making adjustments during the game that we haven't seen before. Early on our offense was scoring so quickly the coaches didn't have time to put in the adjustments but as soon as the offense had a long drive, you could tell adjustments were made.

History tells me Hud's teams get better as the year goes on. This is going to be fun. GEAUX CAJUNS

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information