Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread: Final: Louisiana 44, NW State 17

Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Jay. I think you are probably pretty good at using comparability estimating with the crowd size from your years of that view. But I think your gauge needs to be recalibrated. We've always underestimated the crowd. I'm sorry, but there's no way from seeing the thousands in both end zones, the thousand or more hovering out of the seated areas, regardless of the grandstand side gaps, that we were not at or near 30k.

You are right about the student side. They very well represented.

Kinchen is an a-hole.
    I'm not a twitter person. Anyone bomb this tiger _____ _____ yet?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I'm not a twitter person. Anyone bomb this tiger _____ _____ yet?
    I looked for him on Twitter. Couldn't find anything but I did send something to ESPN about this fool.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Every pass, and every decision by Haack was right on target. The only incompletion I remember was caused by a great defensive effort, possibly pass interference. The worse decision I remember him making was taking a hard tackle at the goal line after a long run, but he got right back up. This guy is the best quarterback we have seen in a Cajun uniform in a long time. Whoever said he can't run was wrong. Not only can he run but he sees the field and knows when and where to run. The Haack attack is finally free. Its going to be a fun couple of years.

Robinson played much better last night. He broke loose from a hold, made a good catch and battled for several yards and almost scored on one play. I'm pumped about our offense. Mcquire was off the chain even more than usual.

The defense needs work. We can't stop the run like last year yet but I feel like our coaches are making adjustments during the game that we haven't seen before. Early on our offense was scoring so quickly the coaches didn't have time to put in the adjustments but as soon as the offense had a long drive, you could tell adjustments were made.

History tells me Hud's teams get better as the year goes on. This is going to be fun. GEAUX CAJUNS
    He slipped or stumbled early in the route. He may have scored if not

Congrats on the win. Really enjoyed the time in Lafayette. Fans were very hospitable. Would love to see us return to Cajun Field and hopefully bring a better Demons squad next time.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

5. Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

Quote Originally Posted by TrackDemon View Post
    Congrats on the win. Really enjoyed the time in Lafayette. Fans were very hospitable. Would love to see us return to Cajun Field and hopefully bring a better Demons squad next time.

Best of luck the rest of the way.
    ---Thanks Track Demon---Fans come here and we go there and it is a wonderful time -----and then there are the _______s in Baton Rouge that lay claim to being real true asses!!!

Today I experienced one of the greatest moments I have had so far this football season (I know, it's early). I have a NWST alum coworker who attended the game. He and his family live here, though are not from here. We never really had a deep discussion about NWST and UL until today.

He asked me a simple question, "What is up with your fans? We left in the third quarter to go home and watch LSU. After all, your schedule is the opposite home/away with LSU. Why were your fans still there, after all, it was a blow out? " (Brian K. part two I guess)

Simply explained our mindset is different. We were not like McNeese, Monroe, or UNO, where our roots were initially in the LSU system. We know what it is to be publicly bent over by LSU via the '84 name change. We watch each year the budget noose tighten, knowing at some point in time the cries to big brother LSU will fall on deaf ears while the lemmings keep on thinking they are safe and we are at risk, while in reality, our admin over the decades have been prudent. We don't run to LSU every time one of our ULS brethren anger us. We don't intentionally schedule around LSU like Nicholls does, just worked out that way, look back historically. We refuse to be a lap dog to anyone. Most of our fans don't own purple. Most of our fans are loyal to one program, UL. Told him don't make the mistake of wearing LSU gear to the Tique unless we are playing LSU, you'll leave with a new shirt. And the sooner all the non LSU schools figure it out and quit sucking up to the Tiger, the better higher education will be in Louisiana.

I know we all know this and may sound like beating a dead horse, but we got another convert today. One more person who now gets the "University of Louisiana." Small steps my brothers, small but steady steps. Kind of keeps with Douglas' theme, we are not backing down.

I noticed that former UL commit TJ Fleeton who signed with NwSt was not on the roster. Seems the young man transferred from NwSt to Missouri Southern. 3 schools in a short matter of time. He is starting at Mizzou Southern, but not performing very well on a really bad team.

Useless information, but I was bored.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    More pics
    Good pic, Bayou!! That, my pic I stole from T Fenroys FB page and other pics shpuld leave NO doubt that the 26K number was under reported.

Z

ps fix the friggin speakers, slackers!

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I noticed that former UL commit TJ Fleeton who signed with NwSt was not on the roster. Seems the young man transferred from NwSt to Missouri Southern. 3 schools in a short matter of time. He is starting at Mizzou Southern, but not performing very well on a really bad team.

Useless information, but I was bored.
    Several members of NSU's coaching staff came from Missouri southern . probably helped place him there

If we seat almost 37k and you made everyone on the hill, the concourses and concessions all go sit down at once There wouldn't be 11k empty seats. They don't know how to count. If we ar going to go buy tickets sold in baseball, why not in all sports?

11. Default Re: Game Talk: Nwst. St. (17) vs. Louisiana (44)

The reported number is laughable. CC just illustrated it perfectly. That's not including the thousands on the concourses, bathrooms, and concession lines. I saw the upper deck and home side. No way it was 60% full. These attendances numbers matter and something needs to be done.

Why can't we get the simple stuff right?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Common Core.where sometimes trying is ok.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The reported number is laughable. CC just illustrated it perfectly. That's not includindg the thousands on the concourses, bathrooms, and concession lines. I saw the upper deck and home side. No way it was 60% full. These attendances numbers matter and something needs to be done.

Anyone know the original upper deck seating number. That would be before the media took over about 300-500 center seats.

The upper deck would have to been empty for a 26.5k count.
    And that still would not be such a low number.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread Information