perception is a _____

Default Re: Bottom 25

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So basically the entire sun belt conference minus Louisiana and South Al
    UL, USA, App St, and Georgia St.

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    UL, USA, App St, and Georgia St.
    The only reason Georgia State was not there is because he probably doesn't even know they exist.

Ignorant list is ignorant.

Arizona State is NOT a Bottom 25 team. They will be Top 35 before end of the season.

Arkansas State? GA Southern? No.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    So basically the entire sun belt conference minus Louisiana and South Al
    How is GA State not included? They lost to Charlotte. I thought they would be #1. The MAC comes in 2nd with 4 teams and the AAC 3rd with 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Ignorant list is ignorant.

Arizona State is NOT a Bottom 25 team. They will be Top 35 before end of the season.

Arkansas State? GA Southern? No.
    One look at this list immediately tells me this guy has no clue OR is trying to be a "shock jock" and ruffle some feathers for pub

So here are five things I want you to know about The Bottom 25.

My opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the rankings. They are based on a mathematical formula of my creation. Every week I enter a bunch of different numbers into a spreadsheet, and that spreadsheet then spits out the rankings based on the data I entered. So keep this in mind before you call me an idiot, which I know you will.

There is true equality to start. That means exactly what it says. The math doesn't play favorites. Before the season begins, Ohio State is just as good as our defending Bottom 25 champion SMU Mustangs. It doesn't matter where you're ranked in the AP Top 25, or what you did last season, or any season before it. The only factor that matters in the rankings is how you've performed in 2015.

Wins and losses mean more than anything. I have a lot of different statistics involved, and I factor in strength of schedule (though, remember, everybody begins the season with the same SOS), but at the end of the day whether you won or lost is going to mean more than anything else. Also, just because it's too difficult for me to rank FCS teams as well, my formula doesn't have much respect for FCS teams. If you beat one it won't mean much, and if you lose to one, well, you might show up in The Bottom 25.

THE LATEST FROM SPORTSLINE
    College Football Power Ratings, first edition
    Because it's a mathematical formula, and we're only one week into the season, there are going to be a lot of surprises early on. Remember, we're working with a limited sample size right now. The more games that are played, the more sense it'll all start to make, and I believe you'll find that the rankings are very accurate at the end of the season.

Math is hard.

12. Default Re: Bottom 25

Wow every team that agreed to play Coastal Carolina in the years to come is automatically on the list.

So glad T-Joe is tight lipped about things like this.

. jk

I hate all of these lists, but at least ESP-Ns Bottom 10 has a little humor. With 25 teams and some crazy mathematical formula, at least a quarter of the teams that make an appearance on this list at one point or another will still be in bowl games come December.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I hate all of these lists, but at least ESP-Ns Bottom 10 has a little humor. With 25 teams and some crazy mathematical formula, at least a quarter of the teams that make an appearance on this list at one point or another will still be in bowl games come December.
    Only two SBC teams in bottom ten. However, defending bottom 10 champ and current#1 Georgia State (not southern) plays #2 NMSU this week.

15. Default Re: Bottom 25

You know everyone wants to avoid that first GaSt FBS win. Reminds me of Tampa Bay getting it against Saints.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information