Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sicard/Hamilton video

Default Sicard/Hamilton video

I know some of you are wanting to see it, so here it is. Recorded by Havocfan4life and posted on his youtube page.

Default Re: Sicard/Hamilton video

So Janet, where was the puck when Hamilton got cross-checked by Sicard?

Quote Originally Posted by NuTTz View Post
    So Janet, where was the puck when Hamilton got cross-checked by Sicard?
    I was about to say the same thing. It doesn't look like Hamilton started that fight.

I believe what started the altercation was Hamilton boarding a guy and getting no call. (At about the 22-23 second mark of the video, you can hear a collective "oooohh" from the folks sitting around the guy shooting the video.) Then you see that Havoc player skate away from Hamilton and Sicard skate to him.

Quote Originally Posted by janet View Post
    I believe what started the altercation was Hamilton boarding a guy and getting no call. (At about the 22-23 second mark of the video, you can hear a collective "oooohh" from the folks sitting around the guy shooting the video.) Then you see that Havoc player skate away from Hamilton and Sicard skate to him.
    Well, doesn't that make it instigating on Sicard's part? Since when can a player skate across and attack another who does not have the puck? Next thing you will be telling us that the officiating is fair and impartial. At least as un-biased as you are, right?

As for as "No Call"we see those all night long against the IceGators, thus the many PIM when our players get fed up with it. I'm not saying we are right but that knife cuts both ways.

Officiating in this league sucks and I have written Mr. Combs telling him so. Players will do all they are allowed to get away with.

NuTTzDon't put words in my mouth. You asked a question and I answered it. I don't see this as instigating any more than one player stands up for another teammate who's being harassed by the opposing team's goon. I never said anything about the officiating. I don't like it any more than anybody else. Good luck to you with your email to Commissioner Combsthe officiating in this league has sucked all six years we've been in it. Get used to it. Thought you all would want to see the video, that's the only reason I posted it for you. I guess I won't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by janet View Post
    NuTTzDon't put words in my mouth. You asked a question and I answered it. I don't see this as instigating any more than one player stands up for another teammate who's being harassed by the opposing team's goon. I never said anything about the officiating. I don't like it any more than anybody else. Good luck to you with your email to Commissioner Combsthe officiating in this league has sucked all six years we've been in it. Get used to it. Thought you all would want to see the video, that's the only reason I posted it for you. I guess I won't make that mistake again.
    I don't recall putting anything in your mouth. The words are all mine. Your little imp came across the ice, attacked a player not in possession of the puck. No matter the reason, it is instigating. Maybe you should have studied that video before you posted to be sure that your argument was defensible. That video only supports our contention that Hamilton was attacked by Sicard while not any where near the puck. Case closed! Anything before or after is inconsequential. I don't like Hamilton and certainly do not defend him, ever. Your boy screwed up and then the officials screwed up when they meted out penalties.period!

Forgive meI thought you'd remember what you typed from one post to another.I was referring to when you said, "Next thing you will be telling us that the officiating is fair and impartial." I never said that. Your guy slammed someone into the boards from behind. Teammates tend to stick up for each other when that kind of stuff happens. "My boy" didn't screw up too bad, he got to finish the game, while your boy watched from the stands! Seems to me YOUR boy screwed up by not knowing when to shut his mouth and control himself.

"will be" as opposed to "did". It's a matter of tenses and what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
    And the part about how each goon was treated after the incident, next you will (future tense) tell me is that you agree with that.

What I am going to tell you is that some people put way too much stock into what's going on with a minor league hockey team. The game is over, Hamilton and MacIsaac will both most likely be suspended for the abuse of official calls they received. The problem is this: the fight happened and the penalties were called. It is what it is. No amount of berating an official has EVER changed a call that I know of. No amount of debating on any message board whether it was the right call or not has ever made a difference, and no email that has ever been sent to Commisioner Combs about the officiating has ever caused him to change anything.

One player fights, breaks apart when instructed by the officials, skates to the box when told to and gets five minutes for his troubles. The other player fights, shoves an official in the back, keeps running his mouth dropping the F bomb, skates off the ice grabbing his crotch and gets the rest of the night offsounds fair to me.

So why did the refs stop the fight like that??

Oh and thanks for posting the fight-always appreciated. However, when Hamilton checked the guy, it was because he had the puck. Secard hit Hamilton just cause. There is a difference. Don't take this the wrong way, we all know Hamilton likes to run his mouth, but be please be fair. I'm assuming the hit to the officials back that you talked about was when the official got between Hamilton and Secard. Or did he actually go off and hit the official after the fight? I didn't watch the game so all I have to go by is the video you posted. And can you tell me why the Coach got ejected?

12. Default Re: Sicard/Hamilton video

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgal View Post

Oh and thanks for posting the fight-always appreciated. However, when Hamilton checked the guy, it was because he had the puck. Secard hit Hamilton just cause. There is a difference. Don't take this the wrong way, we all know Hamilton likes to run his mouth, but be please be fair. I'm assuming the hit to the officials back that you talked about was when the official got between Hamilton and Secard. Or did he actually go off and hit the official after the fight? I didn't watch the game so all I have to go by is the video you posted. And can you tell me why the Coach got ejected?
    Because Hamilton and Omicioli and now MacIsaac like to run their mouths when calls don't go our way. They just run it too much sometimes. And now we have a reputation for doing so, get used to it. The refs know that we're the "badboys" and like to run our mouths. Sadly it will continue to haunt us

Quote Originally Posted by mportus View Post
    Because Hamilton and Omicioli and now MacIsaac like to run their mouths when calls don't go our way. They just run it too much sometimes. And now we have a reputation for doing so, get used to it. The refs know that we're the "badboys" and like to run our mouths. Sadly it will continue to haunt us
    So the coach got ejected for running his mouth??

14. Default Re: Sicard/Hamilton video

My guess would be that he complimented the referee's "momma"

Quote Originally Posted by gatorgal View Post

You're welcome for the video. Everybody has their own opinions about why a player did this or that. I don't think Sicard hit Hamilton "just cause." It is my opinion that Sicard hit Hamilton because of the hit Hamilton put on the guy against the board from behind. That appeared, to me, to be the sequence of events while I was watching the game. I have no idea why the officials stepped in when they did. The fight didn't appear to be over to me. Hamilton shoved the official in the back while he was facing Sicard to break up the fight. In the video (I think) you can see him turn his head over his shoulder and look at Hamilton. (I would have to go watch this again to be positive.) ** I did go back and watch. It's at the 1:10 mark of the video, Hamilton shoves him in the back.**

I think whatever happened with the coach either happened on his way off of the ice, or as they were going down the tunnel to the dressing room. Neither myself, nor anyone I was sitting with, saw the coach do anything. There was never an announcement made about his ejection. The penalty shows up at the 20:00 minute mark when the period was over. The opposing team and the referee team exit the ice via the same door. Do I think that's a good idea? No. However, the only other choices are (1) the zamboni entrance and (2) where the home team exits the ice. And we all know that the officials exiting the ice with the home team would go over about as well as a turd in a punch bowl.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information