Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

1. UL Football Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

UL coach Mark Hudspeth still isn't saying who will start at quarterback when the Ragin' Cajuns open their 2015 season Saturday night at Kentucky.

Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

So Louisiana will run a two quarterback system? When was the last time this has happened? Not sure if I believe this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    So Louisiana will run a two quarterback system? When was the last time this has happened? Not sure if I believe this will happen.
    Hud will have a short leash on Haack, just because he puckers when we pass the ball. He prefers a zone read guy. But even he can't deny the.HAACK ATTACK!!!

I'm not a fan of this whole hoopla about not deciding a QB yet. I don't like our chances in a game I felt better about 4 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Hud will have a short leash on Haack, just because he puckers when we pass the ball. He prefers a zone read guy. But even he can't deny the.HAACK ATTACK!!!
    I guess but in his first year BG threw the ball, all be it in the zone read, a good bit.

I guess but in his first year BG threw the ball, all be it in the zone read, a good bit.
    Hud had nothing to lose in his first year. He now has 7 figures to lose, plus job prospects.

Not a two QB systemIF it's a competitive game, I think Haack will play 80-90% of the plays and Nixon will be used for short yardage.

If it's this much trouble.I say screw it and put Jordan Davis in there.

It will happen. I think Hud wants to see how each responds under the lights leading the team. Plus, there are certain packages that Nixon is made for that they will want to run to mix things up. I don't have a problem with it at all. I think that Haack will take about 70% of the offensive snaps but I do feel that both will play.

Hud said both will play. He did not say both will play QB.

Both will play in some capacity. Doesn't scream 2 QB system to me. What HUD says in the paper doesn't mean anything either.,. If everyone on here is trying to figure it out. What do you think Kentucky is having to do in their game plan? The plan is working.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Both will play in some capacity. Doesn't scream 2 we system to me. What HUD says in the paper doesn't mean anything either.,. If everyone on here is trying to figure it out. What donyoubthink Kentucky is having to do in their game plan? The plan is working.
    Prepare for one passing quarterback, one running quarterback. It's not like they have to plan for a T-Rex back there. It's one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by ulforlife View Post
    I'm not a fan of this whole hoopla about not deciding a QB yet. I don't like our chances in a game I felt better about 4 months ago.
    I feel ya on this.

14. Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Good point Charlie.

I personally hate the way this is playing out. No matter what we think, human nature will come into play here. The first time the starter is in game action and makes a bad throw/decision/read, he'll begin to look over his shoulder and press. It's only a matter of time. It's unnecessary. Give Brooks the opportunity he deserves, make it clear that he's the guy, and let him focus on production rather than keeping his job. If Nixon is needed, have him prepare so that he can be ready.

I think we're making this harder than it has to be. But hell, Hud might be playing media games with UK, so.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Hud said both will play. He did not say both will play QB.
    Both will play QB. You don't put two guys in a contest, in order to prepare both for lead duty, establish a #1 and #2. and then use one in some other capacity. I think for Kentucky, we'll see Haack start. If Haack has a 3 and out, I still expect him to return for series 2. Part of establishing leadership is to allow a man to weather his way into the role. I see Nixon coming in for a particular scenario. red zone operation. or a yardage and distance package that Hud/Jay/Jorge have in mind.

I want to see both QBs. I want to stir up as much confusion with Kentucky as humanly possible. I don't have a problem with either QB having the major role, once we discover what we can exploit and score with. Personally, I don't think Kentucky is where you make a season decision on a QB. I think you give the nod to #1 against Northwestern State. and you begin your year's campaign under that QB's leadership.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information