Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

It's not just this ones better in the passing game and this ones better in the read. All qbs have certain tendencies and things they feel comfortable with. If one will tuck it and run at the first pressure then the D will not be so aggressive getting up the field. If one can extend the play then they may play more zone to be able to cover receivers for a longer period of time. One is a quick release guy, the other winds up. Lots of things for the D to prepare for other than just a different number under center.
    If the coaches and players know who is starting, I'm ok with not knowing until the first play.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Unless you use to your advantage they assume haack can't run and Nixon can't throw
    The QB you are describing is Broadway.

Hud is giving Haack every attempt to lose the QB position. We all know he is the QB on our roster that will give us the best chance to win but there is one huge problem with that. Haack does not fit the mold of the QB that Hud and Johnson have had since they are here. The way they recruit, it does not look like the system will change anytime soon.

Unless Haack comes out and has a QB rating of 125+, I see his touches getting less and less as the season progresses. I hope I am wrong!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    I hate to say this, but the more you post, the more I like you.in a manly, football lovin' kinda way of course.
    I like him because he always posts with a husky voice.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I like him because he always posts with a husky voice.
    Is that a bark or a howl?

Quote Originally Posted by reddot View Post
    They know who will start but do Nixon and Haack know what types of beer will be sold at Cajun Field?
    Sure they do, COLD.

6. Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Sure they do, COLD.
    Cajuns Offensive Line Dominates.

Best QB beer in town.

7. Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cajuns Offensive Line Dominates.

Best QB beer in town.
    ----I guess the turf is grass and it is a pretty chance of rain---Wonder if this could effect the line up???

8. Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----I guess the turf is grass and it is a pretty chance of rain---Wonder if this could effect the line up???
    Next wheat end the offense hops and UL barley eeks out a win.

Savor the victory.

9. Default Re: Haack, Nixon know starter, both will play

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Next wheat end the offense hops and UL barley eeks out a win.

Savor the victory.
    ---Just hope I don't leave the game sod and that they have the Kentucky "BLUES" grass!!!

If we can't protect Haack against kentucky, he's not going to have a good night. I expect we will see more of Nixon if that's the case.

Makes me feel good knowing HUD has enough confidence in the players he brought in. I mean who need only one qb? I doubt it even affects a players confidence knowing the 1a is right there waiting on you to mess up.

I guess it would be better if we had 2 scrubs behind him and if he would falter, the season would be over. I hope there is always a 1A and a 1B waiting to take over if 1 falters. Why is everyone making such a huge deal out of this. It's a position battle between 3 unproven guys. How else do these things play out? I hope every player knows there is a guy right behind you waiting to get the job done if they don't.

I can see why Hud would want to make sure both play even though it seems like one (Haack) will play most snaps. At this point, you can't limit yourself and there are too many unknowns heading into the season. Players react different in games than in practice. Also, who knows what weakness UK will show once the game starts. Maybe they can't get to Haack and we slice and dice, or maybe they key on putting pressure on our passing game and Nixon comes in and knocks off a couple of long runs from a zone read. Wherever UK shows a weakness, we need to be able to use it against them in the game.

I know some will discard this post because it refers to McNeese, but I hope most will look to how it applies to our situation this year.

For years McNeese had a two quarterback system. They even went from one going from a national championship game starter to him sharing time the next season and then to him becoming the backup.

This system went on for years. It always seemed to backfire, with the starter feeling threatened about the success of the backup. until one day this freshman comes along and has the confidence in his own ability. Success of the backup did not affect his play. He stepped his game up to another level. When he faced us, he was in total control - of his team. and of us.

My point?

Whomever can step up without looking over his shoulder gives us the best chance to be successful. If they can both do this, great. If we can use them both, by situation, great. Most likely, the one with the "It's my job" mentality will give us the best chance for success.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    The QB you are describing is Broadway.

Hud is giving Haack every attempt to lose the QB position. We all know he is the QB on our roster that will give us the best chance to win but there is one huge problem with that. Haack does not fit the mold of the QB that Hud and Johnson have had since they are here. The way they recruit, it does not look like the system will change anytime soon.

Unless Haack comes out and has a QB rating of 125+, I see his touches getting less and less as the season progresses. I hope I am wrong!
    Bingo!! Brilliance Hud wants a dual threat qb even if he sucked as a passer past 10 yards like Broadway. Haack will be fed to the lambs so he goes "comfortable". Poor Haack better play light out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information