Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

Default THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

You may have noticed that has taken the place of the word LOUISIANA in the circular logo on everything this fall. (media guide, schedule posters for each sport, wallet schedule.) Was that done to avoid the back lash from other state schools about the use of Louisiana? Or just a one time marketing ploy for one season?

Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

Quote Originally Posted by GrosseTete Cajun View Post
    You may have noticed that has taken the place of the word LOUISIANA in the circular logo on everything this fall. (media guide, schedule posters for each sport, wallet schedule.) Was that done to avoid the back lash from other state schools about the use of Louisiana? Or just a one time marketing ploy for one season?
    Nope, that is the branding direction of the university, RAGIN' CAJUNS.

maybe they are going in a different direction. Instead of the chaos, ul, ull, louisiana, la-laf, and the other 50 things we are called in 1 game; can we just be known as the Ragin Cajuns? Can they at least get that right? Getting called 1 name would be nice for a change.

Let's just hope it's one season, I personally don't like it, wouldn't surprise me if it became the official logo. We really need to cowarding on the Louisiana issue.

Can we please stick with one logo, and be done and please don't make it the Ragin Cajuns logo, what is wrong with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Having just Ragin Cajuns doesn't change that we will be UL-Laffy to death when it comes to the media

5. Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

I hope it is a one time marketing angle. It is good, very good for that.

Then again Ragin' Cajun Football is HOT was once a "one time" marketing angle but 14 years later it turned into the whole brand. Before that in 1983-84 Hot stuff was the slogan. All of that success led to the Pepper.

It just shows that one time angles rarely make good brand sense.

I'm hoping that "One and Only" is Phase One, leading to Ultimate Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Let's just hope it's one season, I personally don't like it, wouldn't surprise me if it became the official logo. We really need to cowarding on the Louisiana issue.

Can we please stick with one logo, and be done and please don't make it the Ragin Cajuns logo, what is wrong with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Having just Ragin Cajuns doesn't change that we will be UL-Laffy to death when it comes to the media
    Didn't sound like it when I was told that are going to use Ragin' Cajuns specifically from here on out. I don't know if they will discuss any marketing plan at this point, but it was clear to me that this move has been set in place.

7. Default Re: THE ONE AND ONLY RAGIN CAJUNS?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunologist View Post
    maybe they are going in a different direction. Instead of the chaos, ul, ull, louisiana, la-laf, and the other 50 things we are called in 1 game; can we just be known as the Ragin Cajuns? Can they at least get that right? Getting called 1 name would be nice for a change.
    One identity would be nice but it detaches the front porch from the house.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

nutless admin.

I'd be fine with going this route if this was the first or second rebranding.but it seems like we just can't get our ____ straight. How many more of these are we going to attempt?

I like the push for Ragin Cajuns. I'm completely done with fighting the whole name issue. I will forever call us UL and/or Louisiana, but doubt anyone else will that is not associated with the program. Just hope they stick this one out.

If they are going to Brand.they need to stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    I like the push for Ragin Cajuns. I'm completely done with fighting the whole name issue. I will forever call us UL and/or Louisiana, but doubt anyone else will that is not associated with the program. Just hope they stick this one out.
    It's always been Ragin' Cajuns or just Cajuns for me. Everyone knows who you're talking about and no name drama to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    It's always been Ragin' Cajuns or just Cajuns for me. Everyone knows who you're talking about and no name drama to follow.
    No.

Outside of this state, very little people know who you're talking about. They may have heard the name Ragin Cajuns before or even seen some of our games on TV, but they have no clue for which school the Ragin Cajuns play.

It's wishful thinking to ever think we could develop a brand in the collegiate athletic world by simply pushing Ragin Cajuns.

This move by those in power is simply a surrender. They look on the whole name battle as completely unnecessary, and never had an issue with UL Lafayette to begin with. They are tired of dealing with this, and want it all to just go away.

Or, at least that is what I heard as a completely crazy rumor not grounded in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No.

Outside of this state, very little people know who you're talking about. They may have heard the name Ragin Cajuns before or even seen some of our games on TV, but they have no clue for which school the Ragin Cajuns play.

It's wishful thinking to ever think we could develop a brand in the collegiate athletic world by simply pushing Ragin Cajuns.

This move by those in power is simply a surrender. They look on the whole name battle as completely unnecessary, and never had an issue with UL Lafayette to begin with. They are tired of dealing with this, and want it all to just go away.

Or, at least that is what I heard as a completely crazy rumor not grounded in fact.
    He's on to us!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    No.

You are correct. Branding ourselves as Ragin Cajuns does nothing for our true identity. Outside of Louisiana, most people don't know if Ragin Cajuns goes with ULM, UL L, or LA Tech. Use of Ragin Cajuns will let every media in the country pick and choose what they want to call us, i.e. Louisiana Lafayette, UL Lafayette, U LA LA, UL L, and every other variation that is out there and it won't be LOUISIANA and UL.

No other school goes by their moniker as their primary branding. Whoever came up with this idea should be fired. Probably the same person who told the SBC to refer to us as UL-L. I am really disappointed in Dr. S if he is approving this.

Here is an idea, why not follow with Wisconsin does. Their official name is the University of Wisconsin-Madison. That's right, it is hyphenated. See their official university logo below. On their academic website, it has the W logo on the left and to the right of it the Wisconsin above University of Wisconsin-Madison. Academically, it refers to itself on its website as UW-Madison.

Athletics is simply Wisconsin. Not Badgers.

Why can't we do something similar academically like Wisconsin does? We are still using our official name but connecting it to LOUISIANA.

LOUISIANA
    University of Louisiana Lafayette
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information