Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

1. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Your phone auto corrected inhale to 'sing'

Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Anyone that lives near oil center and hasn't tried Antoni's, give it a shot. Good pizza. Very authentic.
    Are they still around? I heard they closed down

a

Antoni's is still open

4. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Still open and a staple in my household

Have to say I've never been to Antoni's or Bisbanos.

6. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Completely different pizza styles. Both good in their own way If your looking for a good experience, I lean Bisbano's There's s tavern down stairs with open signer/songwriter night on Wed nights. Entertaining if nothing else.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I have.the theory you have to be craving a certain type of pizza when deciding where to go in Lafayette. With that said, I feel like I'd be cheating if I didn't say Deano's Tee-Rex & Marie Leveaux was the best. All meat pizza from Alesi's comes in second.

Edit: tried pizza artists last week and was def better than I expected. Will return there.

+1 for Deano's Tee-Rex

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Completely different pizza styles. Both good in their own way If your looking for a good experience, I lean Bisbano's There's s tavern down stairs with open signer/songwriter night on Wed nights. Entertaining if nothing else.
    Have a long history with BOTH establishments--
    Bisbano's (specifically the upstairs "party room" with the booths) was HOME BASE for the USL Band back in the 70's-80's. We were on a first-name basis with the owner, Brian Bull, the manager, Louis, and all the waitstaff and bartenders--ESPECIALLY Sheila!!! We'd buy Mai-Tai and Hurricane by the gallon for away game trips!! My three favorite memories:
    1. Sheila asked the 5 of us what we wanted to drink--we all said "pitcher"--so it's a pitcher and 5 mugs?--NO, FIVE pitchers!!
    2. One memorable evening there with Manny Fuentes, we found out the Sheila was tending bar and we told the waitress: " Tell her that Manny and Jay from the band are here. We're having hurricanes, and she can't make them TOO strong!!" NEVER dare a bartender--to this day, the only night that I don't remember how it ended!
    3. We started my good friend's bachelor party there and got them to bring him a PITCHER of scotch&water and a big straw!!
    As far as Antoni's goes--it's one of my favorite places to bring my wife! We were good friends with Bruce and Linda Cart(original owners). My wife taught their kids at STM. If you haven't had one of their calzones, what are you waiting for?!? My favorite it to swap out the Italian sausage for Cajun smoked sausage--HEAVEN!!

Because everyone has unique taste, the answers will be varied. My personal choice is Alesi's, either the all cheese or the Pizza Alesi. When I go out of town for work or for pleasure, I always try to find the off the wall pizza joints that are specific to the town I'm in, no chains. And though I have found some gems out there, none have the unique taste that Alesi's does.

But Alesi's does not have a Marie LeVieux like Deano's does. And Alesi's does not have wheat crust like Deano's. So Deano's would be a great second choice, unless I'm in the mood for a Marie LeVieux. In that case, Deano's would be my first choice. I haven't been to Bisbano's or Bj's since the mid 2000's, so I can't really judge their pizza, though while in college, I lived at both (easy access). Pizza Village on Kaliste doesn't compare to Pizza Village on Moss. Must be the oven. Pizza Artista is good, and so is La Pizzaria. The chains are the chains. And though J.J's pizza originator comes from a Pizza Village background, to me, they are pretty plain. I just tried Antoni's pizza for the first time about a month ago. I never realized they had thing other than calzones. Must admit, they were very impressive also.

So:
    1. Alesi's
    1a: Deano's
    2. Antoni's

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Have to say I've never been to Antoni's or Bisbanos.
    You should go to Bisbano's. Correct me if I'm wrong but the owner was on the basketball team in the early 70's.

As for Antoni's.never been there. I have been meaning to take my wife out for a romantic date night ever since our second child turned 1 and people are more apt to watch his goofy butt. Comparing Antoni's to Alesi's.similar atmosphere?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    You should go to Bisbano's. Correct me if I'm wrong but the owner was on the basketball team in the early 70's.

As for Antoni's.never been there. I have been meaning to take my wife out for a romantic date night ever since our second child turned 1 and people are more apt to watch his goofy butt. Comparing Antoni's to Alesi's.similar atmosphere?
    i could be wrong here, hawk, but i heard one of the partners was good friends with jerry bisbano who was on bsktball team in the early '70's. he was a player from the miami, fl area if memory serves.

12. Default Re: Best Pizza in Lafayette?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post

On a weekend night, it gets pretty lively, but overall, similar. Antoni's is a bit more intimate and a tad smaller, but they have a great little bar with a extremely knowledgeable bar keep. And yes, I can't believe I forgot to mention the calzone's. Probably the best in lafayette, and top 3 I've ever had, including Gino's in Chicago.

Some of the professors used to hide out in bisbanis bar made for some interesting conveesations

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information